Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2009, 02:35 PM

1,691 posts, read 3,852,089 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
Well, I guess that went over my head..

I don't mean to turn this into an illegal immigration debate, but it doesn't matter how they got here, the fact of the matter is, Mexican illegals came into this country illegally. I know most of them are good hard-working people, but they are still immigrants and they should respect our country's immigration laws. Instead they come here illegally and many of them have caused a lot of problems. If you don't believe me, ask some of the people who live close to the border in southern Arizona, and have had to deal with many problems illegals have caused.

Even if we have provisions to help those in Mexico, who want to work in the United States, there will still be those who want more, and they come into this country illegally, and break our laws.

Personally, if I were a Mexican citizen, I would not want to live under Mexico's corrupt government, I would do everything to immigrate into the United States, but by legal means.
No debate here ,,, live in Texas remember. Some of the kids I went to HS with had illegals as parents or grandparents.

How many folks know that once you go deeper into the south of the Borderland known as Mess-E-co-way There be plenty of natural blondes? I don't get that far into the area but I have it on good word that this is so, sooooooo, I's tink dat it could be.

Of course as in all countries once you get into the heartland and away from the borders or tourist areas you find the real country. Both countries I beleive have thier version of Siesta. Reposo in Italy. the afternoon nap/rest time. It got a bit strange to deal with in Italy at first but then I got into the swing of things and well.... I liked it a bunch. I still like to take a break in the heat of the day.

Old 05-11-2009, 02:52 PM

54,498 posts, read 33,873,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nilssson View Post
Holy mole! Mike playing the race card? That's unexspiced. His chili comments show that he doesn't know beans. At least not today but who knows, maybe tamale?
Ah... Si Senior Nilssson, but I know my Italian Pasta!

Old 05-12-2009, 01:54 AM

5,987 posts, read 11,676,862 times
All the Spanish and Italian I know I learned in the food store. So I really can't comment on the language. What I do know is music. I have always thought Mexico must have some cultural ties to Poland. I hear music from radios in places where there is a large Mexican/American population and it sounds like polka music to me. Maybe it was Jose who stole the Kishka?

YouTube - Who Stole the Kishka?

Old 05-12-2009, 01:12 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,788,602 times
There was an old joke that an Italian is a Puerto Rican with a job. Now don't you all go flogging me at once now.

Old 05-12-2009, 02:02 PM

1,691 posts, read 3,852,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
There was an old joke that an Italian is a Puerto Rican with a job. Now don't you all go flogging me at once now.
Now dat d'ere wuz funny!!

Having known a PRs and Ital's the worst part is I can really see it.

oooo I have a bad sense of humor I do!

Old 07-28-2010, 05:41 AM

2 posts, read 4,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homenj View Post
Do you guys feel Italians and Hispanics have some similarities? I'm Latino and when I think of the Italians I've met it feels like they're almost my people in a way. It seems like there's not so much differences. What do you think?
yes im italian and me and my whole family prefer to be called latin over white any day take a look at mexico spain italia brazil cuba and all the other latin countries and look for similarities i bet your going to find alot now as for our language well its damn near the same as spanish like people from portugal only thing is that we italians from italia can speak speak spanish and italian due to how similar the language is hope this helps you

Old 07-28-2010, 06:12 AM

4,348 posts, read 7,358,351 times
The northern area of Italy and to some part the Rhine Valley and Spain seem to have many genetic similarities. I find the area of the Rhine where many of the children are born blond, and over the years go from reddish brown to brown to be the most amazing. Start life as a Nordic; end it as Italian or Spanish. LOL.
I see similar genetics from European Spanish culture in much of Chili, Columbia, Brazil, and most of South America, but in Central America I see more of the Ancient Indian genetics coming out in the people. Sharper features and higher cheep bones. They seem to have chiseled faces almost like they are carved in stone with an Asian undercurrent. It all makes for a nice mix, and from the physical view very good looking people.

Old 07-28-2010, 08:29 AM

291 posts, read 752,648 times
Italian Americans are really not that Italian at all. More of a hybrid too far removed from their original roots.

However Italians from Italy do feel a deeper connection to Latin America and Spanish based culture. ( and vise versa) Besides the language, family focus and religion is their approach to life.

I traveled with a college roommate who was of Italian-American and I fit in and felt more at home in Italy then he did.

Old 07-28-2010, 03:15 PM

3,430 posts, read 4,338,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencrayola View Post
Both languages as stated before, are Latin based. I am Italian and took 4 years of Spanish in high school and can understand some Italian just because of my Spanish classes. Not all Italians are darker, some are light depending on what part of Italy their ancestors or they are from. I know both Hispanics and Italians are very family oriented and very emotional as well.
Actually that's not even true. My ancestors are from the south of Italy and I have very very light skin, dark brown hair and brown eyes.

Old 07-28-2010, 07:31 PM

2,930 posts, read 7,065,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homenj View Post
Do you guys feel Italians and Hispanics have some similarities? I'm Latino and when I think of the Italians I've met it feels like they're almost my people in a way. It seems like there's not so much differences. What do you think?
Latinos and Italian Americans? Not much unless you are talking about Cubans. Italians and Spaniards from Europe? Yes they have many things in common. Latin Americans living in their own countries and Italians, some similarities too, not as many as the previous group.

And please those who want to turn this into a illegal immigration debate, please take it to the illegal immigration or Phoenix Arizona board.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World