Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2010, 08:54 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,753,834 times

Advertisements

Quote:
You might as well ask about similarities between Hsipanics and Germans.
Does Soccer (Futbol) count?

Old 05-14-2011, 12:47 AM

950 posts, read 1,515,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elizamary View Post
no, I dont' see it at all either. Aside from both being dark complexed.....their cultures are different.
Besides....I like italian food but not spanish.
I have seen Hispanics who are as dark as Serena Williams for example. I have never seen Italians who are as dark as Serena Williams.

Old 05-14-2011, 02:51 AM

170 posts, read 769,176 times
Hispanics can be of any race, whereas the vast majority of Italians look either White or Mediterrean IMO. Of Course there are also some Afro-Italians or Italians of African origin, however, they are not a very sizeable group.

Old 05-14-2011, 06:27 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,938,262 times
I think there are more similarities between Italians and Spanish (and NO, I mean Spanish as in Spain, not Mexico, not Cuba, not Panama) than with Latinos.

Old 05-14-2011, 07:30 AM

278 posts, read 622,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homenj View Post
Do you guys feel Italians and Hispanics have some similarities? I'm Latino and when I think of the Italians I've met it feels like they're almost my people in a way. It seems like there's not so much differences. What do you think?
Hispanics are Spanish Europeans.

Americanos/Americans are those born in the New World (America)

A good quantity of italians migrated to different parts of the american continent.

Most are concentrated in Brazil, Uruguay, and Argentina.

Italians distributed in this continent by country are listed in this link:
Italianos - Wikipedia, la enciclopedia libre

My wife is Sicilian Venezuelan. 2 Venezuelan presidents have been Italian-Venezuelan.

Old 05-14-2011, 01:52 PM

590 posts, read 1,013,260 times
I am Italian and have several hispanics friends. Yes, there are similarities, in a way more than between Italians and Americans.
Italians however have more similarities with hispanics from Spain, Argentina, Uruguay and Cile than others. Even the way of speaking is similar when it comes to pauses, scale.

We share a very similar sense of humor, same way of joking, same double-sense way of commenting on women (lol). In general, because of course we have to generalize here, we share the same passion for women, soccer, wine, food that is a little bit different than other countries.

Which is why it's not so difficult for Italians to learn spanish. It's not, like many think, because the languages are similar; it's because there are a lot of similarities in the way we joke, complain, *****, even move our hands.
Then again, Hispanics is very generic and I wouldn't say there are a lot of similarities between Cubans and Italians (there are some) as there could be between Italians and Argentinians or Chileans, but definitely there is a "latin" common ground between the two cultures.

Old 05-14-2011, 02:36 PM

Most of the time I can tell Hispanics and Italians apart even if the Hispanic is lightskin, because even a lot of lightskin Hispanics have high cheekbones and almond shaped eyes due to Native American admixture. Italians don't have almond shaped eyes and high cheekbones.

Old 05-14-2011, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Blood View Post
Most of the time I can tell Hispanics and Italians apart even if the Hispanic is lightskin, because even a lot of lightskin Hispanics have high cheekbones and almond shaped eyes due to Native American admixture. Italians don't have almond shaped eyes and high cheekbones.
thats how I can tell wasp us nationals and English apart. One would look like keanu reeves, asian-english or megan Fox, brown skinned almond shaped eyes and light eyes (amerindian+Finland admixture).

Johhny depp would be a fine example (amerindian+ french) with almond shaped eyes and dark hair.

Old 05-14-2011, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venezuelan View Post
thats how I can tell wasp us nationals and English apart. One would look like keanu reeves, asian-english or megan Fox, brown skinned almond shaped eyes and light eyes (amerindian+Finland admixture).

Johhny depp would be a fine example (amerindian+ french) with almond shaped eyes and dark hair.

Last time I checked the U.S is not a majority Mestizo nation like Mexico. Over 65% of the U.S population is White, and the vast majority of that 65% do not have almond shaped eyes and or high cheekbones.

Old 05-14-2011, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Blood View Post
Last time I checked the U.S is not a majority Mestizo nation like Mexico. Over 65% of the U.S population is White, and the vast majority of that 65% do not have almond shaped eyes and or high cheekbones.
The us census is not accurate.

White in the us means someone from North africa, the middle east or europe.

Last edited by Venezuelan; 05-14-2011 at 04:25 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World