Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Writing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2012, 02:24 PM

3,613 posts, read 7,962,728 times

Advertisements

I think it's almost poetic, in a cryptic, text-message, no-caps sort of way. If you were a potential buyer you would know exactly what the seller meant.

I do not object to ellipses or missing caps in informal communications. The only change I would make would be a space before miles.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2012, 02:27 PM

2,476 posts, read 2,609,482 times
O.P....
"Whats B wronged with tat aid?"

Old 09-14-2012, 02:34 PM

3,565 posts, read 8,009,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechGromit View Post
Do you ever read a for sale ad, and haven't a clue what they are talking about. I was just browsing for sale auto ads on Craigslist and saw this:

What the hell are "20's?" the music the car got cost me 2000? Seriously, is English a second language for this person. I recently emailed another person selling a bird cage asking for dimensions of the cage, I get a reply back they don't know but it's big. Are they trying Not to sell there item?
Not everybody takes as an educated of approach to selling something as some of us do. But that's alright because there are folks looking to buy with the same mindset as those sellers.

"20's" are wheels and $2000 for "music" is an after-market stereo system.

Personally, I am very particular when searching used cars and almost always look over ads like those you describe. In my opinion, the best used cars are those that are unmolested and completely stock, and have been owned and driven by mature, responsible, professional adults, because I believe these cars are the least likely to have been abused and most likely to have been serviced regularly, taken care of, and garaged. One-owner cars and a clean CarFax are other great assurances.

Old 09-14-2012, 02:37 PM

3,565 posts, read 8,009,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
I've seen much much worse ... something like:

"I've got a Ford sedan for sale in good condition because I need the money to pay the bills. $4000. Call me for details."
Yeah, providing "reasons" for selling the car is always a red flag for me, too.

Old 09-21-2012, 08:48 AM

16,289 posts, read 32,429,337 times
Maybe we should move this to another forum. The topic is not really about automotive, but the use of the language within an automotive add on Craigslist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Writing