Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2007, 06:42 PM

362 posts, read 1,856,493 times

Advertisements

Hey, I was just in the Laramie area, and I decided to take the Snowy Range Road to my friend's house, and I noticed a big 'FOR SALE' sign on the Snow Range Ski area sign. I couldn't believe it. I would have thought they would have a thriving business with all the college kids. Does anyone know if there are any plans for it, or is it just yet another failed attempt at a ski resort in Wyoming?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2007, 08:38 AM

Location: My heart is in Wyoming, my body is soon to follow.....
745 posts, read 4,066,583 times
A failed attempt that's been around for how many years? I doubt it.

Old 01-14-2008, 01:55 PM

1 posts, read 13,903 times
Lightbulb Snowy Range Ski Area for Sale

In response to your question, the Snowy Range Ski Area is for sale. The sign is actually quite small and I know the owners that built the area have had it for 24 years. I understand they wish to retire. Business is running as usual, despite the area being for sale. If you knew how much effort they have put into providing our community with a ski area, I don't think you would be quite as negative about it as your comment sounds. After all, everyone should have the right to sell whatever they own when they want to. It seems to be human nature to try and put a bad spin on such a simple concept. I do wonder however, what have you done for your community since you like to put others down?

Old 01-14-2008, 02:39 PM

2 posts, read 20,142 times
Whoa...I don't think "lovethewest" was putting anyone/thing down. they saw the sign, and sought to inquire here, given that they obviously had no additional information (such as it is still operating) and probably are not local residents and are not exposed to it on a day to day basis). i am certain that they did not know that the owners simply are looking to retire. They saw the sign, and assumed that in addition to being for sale, that it was out of business. The assumption being based on their experiences and observations elsewhere.

A terrible thing about text based communication is the absence of voice inflection, facial expressions, and just poor word choice. I have seen people misinterpret others' statements over text a million times.

I'm just trying to put water to the flame here.

Carry on.

Old 01-14-2008, 04:14 PM

362 posts, read 1,856,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tellitstraight View Post
In response to your question, the Snowy Range Ski Area is for sale. The sign is actually quite small and I know the owners that built the area have had it for 24 years. I understand they wish to retire. Business is running as usual, despite the area being for sale. If you knew how much effort they have put into providing our community with a ski area, I don't think you would be quite as negative about it as your comment sounds. After all, everyone should have the right to sell whatever they own when they want to. It seems to be human nature to try and put a bad spin on such a simple concept. I do wonder however, what have you done for your community since you like to put others down?
How on earth did I sound negative??? You are jumping to conclusions and need to calm down. I was simply asking a question. I have no doubt that the people who run the place put in an honest day's work. How did I imply that they didn't? And how did I put anyone down. Honestly, you are putting words in my mouth!

Old 01-14-2008, 08:19 PM

632 posts, read 1,517,863 times
Wow, tellistraight. You don't sound like a typical Wyomingite, easy offended and all. I noticed that you are a new member to the boards. We generally like to keep it friendly.

If you look deeper into these threads, it isn't the first time someone has asked about the Ski Area being for sale. Completely honest and legit question. . . . .

Old 09-19-2009, 12:18 AM

5 posts, read 27,598 times
Just to update this post Snowy range ski area is now owned and operated by the first interstate bank in Laramie... same as the 07-08 season. Last season the range wasnt maintained very well. Many trees plauged crazy horse and some other runs with at least 1 run being closed due to 8ft saplings. This year they have already began clearing trees and runs and hopefully the grooming is better than last year but the skiing will definantly be better. Season passes are 175 this year wich is a deal at any ski area no matter the conditions. Definantly a must have for any Laramie skiing residents... They can be picked up at many local buisnesses such as the bank or Big hoss... Lookin Forward to another great year hope to see all you Laramieans up there

Old 09-19-2009, 05:54 PM

207 posts, read 714,881 times
So they are open for business? (Or will be as soon as it snows).

Old 09-21-2009, 03:38 PM

1 posts, read 11,762 times
Snowy Range is a wonderful ski area for beginner and intermediate skiers. It is priced rate and you can ski daily until your legs fall off you like.

Old 10-11-2009, 09:30 AM

1 posts, read 11,051 times
Default season pass day?

My son and I bought season passes ($175 adult, his was less) while the rates were great. I understand we register at the Snowy Range Ski area to get the actual passes. I've heard the ski area will often offer a couple days before opening for folks to get passes issued to avoid the lines and craziness when they do open. Anyone familiar with this? Where should I watch to see when the pre-open days will be?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming