Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2007, 01:19 AM

208 posts, read 909,843 times

Advertisements

Hey all.... my wife and I just returned from Wyoming (it was great to be back in God's country again!) with a job and a home (assuming the escrow goes as planned) in Gillette. We arrived in Rock Springs and met with the sales manager of the company I'm going to work for last Wednesday.... he felt that there was inadequate training for me at their RS store, so off to Gillette we went.

I like the Gillette area much better than the RS area, and there's still a lot of land available up there when we decide to purchase a larger piece!

Thanks for the info in earlier threads, and I would welcome any comments on our current situation!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2007, 01:50 AM

18,700 posts, read 42,065,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lak supply View Post
Hey all.... my wife and I just returned from Wyoming (it was great to be back in God's country again!) with a job and a home (assuming the escrow goes as planned) in Gillette. We arrived in Rock Springs and met with the sales manager of the company I'm going to work for last Wednesday.... he felt that there was inadequate training for me at their RS store, so off to Gillette we went.

I like the Gillette area much better than the RS area, and there's still a lot of land available up there when we decide to purchase a larger piece!

Thanks for the info in earlier threads, and I would welcome any comments on our current situation!

hahaha I used to live in Gillette. Won't date myself too bad but we used to leave town to go out and work on the interstate. We built the bridges for Interstate 90 and actually had to leave town and drive out a two track road to get to the bridge over Highway 50 and I-90.

It was a great town then. It was before it boomed. But I get down there at least once a week. Other then more traffic, the people are still the same. Warm, friendly.

It's grown to the point that it's got most of the local chains for dining, shopping, getting lumber and such. Back then it was all mom and pop stores. Which was a good thing, but with a few chains available you have a bigger choice.

Glad you found housing, that's really tough now that Wyoming is booming. I have a friend up here that has money to build. He bought land, payed cash. Will pay cash for the building of a new house. But they're so busy up here that even with cash, they don't think they can get at his place until after the first of the year. Crazy.

Welcome to Wyoming. Hope you and the family experience what everybody else here already has.

Keyhole, a little power bait, dip a rod. Enjoy.

Old 08-07-2007, 02:07 PM

2,007 posts, read 6,832,292 times
Glad to hear that. I can see on the internet that alot of people are having a hard time finding houses to buy and places to rent in most wyoming towns. Then I call friends and relatives and wifey and I check internet. We get a whole nother picture. I see reasonable land with livable houses. We aren't looking for a McMansion type home. Just us and one cat, as long as he's fine with it, wife says o.k. too. For alot cheaper than here in TN. Looking at same stuff.

Old 08-08-2007, 09:41 PM

7 posts, read 18,600 times
Glad you found housing in Gillette I understand it is a little easier than here in Rock Spings and Green River. We spent 13 very cold long years in Gillette it seemed I was alway's 50 miles from work so I got to experience the wonderful winters working shift work. I drove home many a night in a blizzard, but never got stranded and that was before we had cell phones suprised we could live with out them

We just moved to Green River from Texas so far it is very much culture shock trying to live in such a small town. I don't know that I'd want to go back to Gillette as the winter was so bad when we lived there and I'm sure if we move back it would be bad again

Old 08-12-2007, 10:20 PM

9 posts, read 29,116 times
Congratulations on the job & house!! I am trying to withold my envy!!! I look forward to the day where my husband and I can meet a few of the folks that write about the state we look forward to calling home

Old 08-15-2007, 01:07 AM

208 posts, read 909,843 times
Thanks for the kind words all! We're stoked about the move..... only 12 days and counting to Free America! We've been POW's down here in the People's Republic of Kalifornia for quite a few years now..... can't wait to get back up there.

Everything is going so well that we're actually waiting for something crazy to happen! The job appears to be very promising, the home purchase is going better than expected, and we haven't had any major hangups in the preparations for the move.... couldn't ask for better conditions up to this point!

I just keep thinking about wide open spaces, friendly people, a better lifestyle, lower taxes, and the ability to walk down the street without consulting a law book to be sure one is not committing a criminal act......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming