Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2009, 09:47 PM

39 posts, read 200,399 times

Advertisements

Yer killen me with that post SheridanPDC... sounds like a little piece of heaven on earth
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2010, 09:33 PM

1 posts, read 1,877 times
Is this house still for rent? Retired military family looking for house to rent in Sheridan.

Old 05-21-2010, 10:32 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,041,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommaof5boyz View Post
Is this house still for rent? Retired military family looking for house to rent in Sheridan.
Thread is old. Houses here seldom stay empty more then a couple weeks.

Old 10-01-2010, 02:23 PM

2 posts, read 5,485 times
Hello All.. Been living and working in sheridan for 8 years. i will tell you sheridan is a nice town. But the town lacks real true friendliness. I havent felt a real sense of community at all here!! Sheridan is over rated, over priced very clicky and prentetous for a small western town!! Sheridan continously brags how great their town is.. Get over yourself Sheridan your not anything great!!! Young people have to struggle working with low wages jobs. They cant afford to live in Sheridan let alone ever thinking of owning a home. I will be retiring and plan on moving back to my roots in the upper midwest. Thank god and good riddance in 2011!!! For anyone planning on moving to Sheridan.. Good luck.. jobs are scarce wages are low.. if you aint rich dont move here.. The rich corporatists and the rich landowners dont want you.. Other than that the big horn mountains are awsome.

Old 10-03-2010, 04:54 AM

47 posts, read 111,853 times
Default Sheridan

Wow,
You sound very friendly there Robert. If you havn't found your click in a clickish town in eight years I think that says it all.

Old 10-03-2010, 11:20 AM

18,700 posts, read 42,041,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R82801 View Post
Wow,
You sound very friendly there Robert. If you havn't found your click in a clickish town in eight years I think that says it all.
I agree with Robert. But some people never to find their click. I've lived in Sheridan a long time and I've seen more find their click then not. You have to look at both sides of the coin.

And it's not a problem of that individual (could be but not always). Say if a person comes from a large metropolis, fine dining, shopping, art museums, all in abundance. They have hundreds of places to chose from. Now, they move to a town that has an excellent restaurant, but only one. Stores that are just about anything, but only a couple of choises. One museum. Then they are going to find it very difficult to blend in. They're use to many choices. We have few.

Last edited by ElkHunter; 10-03-2010 at 11:42 AM..

Old 10-13-2010, 09:10 PM

1,180 posts, read 2,371,712 times
Sheridan, like any place, is what you make of it. Being from an Air Force family then joining the Marines myself, I've lived a few places and every town I've lived in seems to have a core group that think that, regardless of how nice or how crummy, they live in the greatest place on earth.

I'm not super in love with Sheridan either, but I've lived in worse places. It would be nice if it were less clickish.... I've been looking for a part time weekend job, and it seems that unless you know someone you aren't getting a job here.

Shopping is dismal, you must go to billings there really is no choice. Most folks I know agree that if Target opened a store here, they would get a ticker tape parade. I don't need a mall, or a Macy's or Dillards. It would be nice to have something other than the ever decreasing quality of Walmart and all the overprices stores in the area. Grocery prices here are atrocious and the quality stinks.

All the realtors in town seem to be bragging about how the market is better for buyers, but let's face it you're still going to pay twice what you would elsewhere for a similar house... at least. 300k and under still seems to be what qualifies as "affordable housing". 200k still gets you a completely outdated, wood paneled, shag carpet, crummy house with 30 year old appliances and maybe 1500 square feet of you're lucky.

But it does have it's good points. It's not Yuma, Arizona, for starters. The mountains are nice. Good schools.

Not much in the way of water nearby, fishing is a joke although good luck telling that to the locals.

If you're used to any semblance of convenience, stay where you are. If mild weather is your bag, don't look here. Think you'll ever own a decent house without being a trust fund baby? Go to Boise.

Old 02-17-2024, 12:36 PM

4 posts, read 5,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
Gillet does get a bit of a breeze. Here in Sheridan we don't get much. The other day we got a gust up to 7 mph.

Years ago I lived down in Gillete. Thought it was the windiest city I ever lived in. Then moved down to Hanna and realized what wind was. hahahahaha Thought I'd get a break, moved to Elmo. Realized that wind was and everyday experience.

I do want to thank all the well wishers. My Son just got back from Iraq. Guess I need to go replace him. But, I will do it proudly. And with glee. hahaha

They said, bring your Garrand. Anybody know what that is?
I think someone means Garote. If Im correct its a cruel but painful weapon. Genrally made of piano wire where the bad guy get it around his/her neck that the wire does the rest.

Old 02-17-2024, 12:45 PM

46 posts, read 54,779 times
I think he meant the M1 Garand.
Standard military rifle during WW2 & Korean War era.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming