Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2018, 09:05 AM

3,649 posts, read 6,291,155 times

Advertisements

CHEYENNE, Wyo. (AP) - U.S. Census Bureau numbers show the rate of people leaving Wyoming has outpaced the number of people moving in, marking the third consecutive year of population decline.
The Casper Star-Tribune reports Census Bureau estimates show Wyoming lost nearly 1,200 people between July 2017 and 2018, setting the state's resident population at just under 577,737.
While the population has dropped, the rate of outmigration has slowed. The state saw the sharpest increase in residents entering versus those leaving since 2010-11.
According to the state's Economic Analysis Division, the state lost 3,100 people over what it gained last year. That number improved from between July 2016 and July 2017, when net migration was negative 7,900 people.
The state's population peaked in 2015 with a little more than 586,000 people.https://www.kgwn.tv/content/news/Wyo...B7WKDY3Y3oSvRg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2018, 05:45 PM

1,539 posts, read 1,474,524 times
I thought things felt a little 'crowded' the last time I visited LOL

Old 12-20-2018, 06:27 PM

1,133 posts, read 1,350,276 times
My guess is that 46 will be a such a radical lib-progressive as to make 44 look every inch the amateurish, snot-nosed, over-entitled empty-suit snowflake he was...and the very first thing on his (or her ?) agenda will likely be to UNDO absolutely everything 45 accomplished, in HIS dogged-efforts to undo everything 44 accomplished (or TRIED to accomplish) during HIS term in office.

Environmental-concerns will likely be at the very tippy-top of that list of 'things to do'...

...which will require a total 180-degree reversal & backing-away from energy-independance...which will effectively ERASE all the fast, BIG money oil, gas & minerals-extraction jobs which have opened-up, prior to 44's leaving the WH.

Short version: even MORE people will be leaving Wyoming.

I feel a strong pang of regret for realtors, landlords & business-owners, for the loss of income related to the mass-exodus...but one would hope they had planned-ahead for this eventuality.

Don't get me wrong...I totally support energy-independance, I can appreciate that decent, hard-working, red-blooded Americans have been able to find gainful-employment, at a level which allowed them to improve themselves & thier financial-futures...but ALONG with all that came the morally & spiritually-corrupt 'trash'...and...I just hate seeing & hearing about it.

I want them gone...and I hope the majority of them were all wise enough to save (or invest) enough money needed to find better lives elsewhere, once the music stops & the party ends.

Old 12-20-2018, 06:32 PM

3,649 posts, read 6,291,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltdumbear View Post
My guess is that 46 will be a such a radical lib-progressive as to make 44 look every inch the amateurish, snot-nosed, over-entitled empty-suit snowflake he was...and the very first thing on his (or her ?) agenda will likely be to UNDO absolutely everything 45 accomplished, in HIS dogged-efforts to undo everything 44 accomplished (or TRIED to accomplish) during HIS term in office.

Environmental-concerns will likely be at the very tippy-top of that list of 'things to do'...

...which will require a total 180-degree reversal & backing-away from energy-independance...which will effectively ERASE all the fast, BIG money oil, gas & minerals-extraction jobs which have opened-up, prior to 44's leaving the WH.

Short version: even MORE people will be leaving Wyoming.

I feel a strong pang of regret for realtors, landlords & business-owners, for the loss of income related to the mass-exodus...but one would hope they had planned-ahead for this eventuality.

Don't get me wrong...I totally support energy-independance, I love it that good, hard-working, red-blooded Americans have been able to find gainful-employment, at a level which allowed them to improve themselves & thier financial-futures...but ALONG with them came the 'trash'...and...I just hate seeing & hearing about it.

I want them gone...and God willing that the majority of them were all wise enough to save (or invest) enough money needed to find better lives elsewhere, once the music stops & the party ends.
Oil booming between Gillette and Douglas , coal trains are full ad Bill. New rigs require less labor, coal mines equipment gets bigger..

Old 12-20-2018, 10:47 PM

10,349 posts, read 13,943,865 times
Interesting. Are there many decent jobs of any sort left in the state?

Old 12-21-2018, 08:03 AM

1,133 posts, read 1,350,276 times
Oh sure. For one seeking the fast-paced/busy-body/pseudo-suburbanite 'lifestyle'...and has the mean$ to find and secure adequate housing for themselves, there are a few help-wanted postings that can be found...signs on restaurant & grocery store windows here & there, more and more since Sept school and college term began again...but now we are knee-deep in the 'silly-season'...and once that is over, some of those opportunities will turn to vapor...none of which (in and of themselves) are enough to maintain an apartment or mortgage-payment.

It's just like anywhere else now (if you're a city-person) you'll need to rotate between two or more jobs, just to keep a roof over your head, and pay for all your toys, or keep your children in 4-H and your oldest-daughter in 'elite-level' barrel-racing...

For those of us saddled with an irreparably-trashed credit-rating...there's no jobs and no housing, because employers prefer avoiding dealing with any potential 'wage-garnishment' issues, and landlords feel 'inconvenienced' in the knowledge that there are renters under thier roof who might NOT be able to keep-up with thier payments.

But hey...on a positive-note...the SCENERY here is to DIE for...lol

Old 12-21-2018, 09:33 AM

788 posts, read 1,741,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDak15 View Post
Interesting. Are there many decent jobs of any sort left in the state?
Not so much but alot of people commute to North Dakota and other states to work in the oil fields (my co-workers husband does and they just bought a 300k house in Riverton), there are some who can work remotely who "want" to live in Wyoming, people retire here, ect. The "outmigration" is probably in some locales more than others.

In Fremont county, the media reports that the "labor force has declined" by several hundred people over the past year but at the same time reports that real estate is doing well. Number of homes sold is markedly higher this year than over last year.

Old 12-21-2018, 02:46 PM

788 posts, read 1,741,894 times
https://county10.com/despite-declini...4W2AjLHGR5KfGQ

Enrollment in K-12 schools is higher statewide this year also. Not by much but still not what you expect when you hear "declining population."

Old 12-24-2018, 09:25 AM

10,349 posts, read 13,943,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rya700 View Post
https://county10.com/despite-declini...4W2AjLHGR5KfGQ

Enrollment in K-12 schools is higher statewide this year also. Not by much but still not what you expect when you hear "declining population."
I seem to hear conflicting reports on school enrollment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming