Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2008, 08:47 AM

7 posts, read 34,300 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have information on which company is building the windfarm that is suppose to be going up around the Rock River, Wy-Tex area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2008, 03:09 AM

592 posts, read 2,244,769 times
Hey Genuine country boy are you talking about a subdivision called cassidy river ranch ?

Old 02-22-2008, 10:01 AM

1 posts, read 6,345 times
Default rv parks in southern wyoming

Quote:
Originally Posted by imbobbbb View Post
i dont think most of us have been trying to discourage anyone from moving,just letting you know that living in wyoming is very different from living in florida,west virginia,california,or wash dc.of coarse where you choose to live will determine how different.it also depends on your current lifestyle.if you mostly work,pick up a pizza for dinner on the way home,depend on television for most of your entertainment,and live in a neighborhood in casper or cheyenne your life wont be much different then it is now.if you love the site of tree,s,mega-shopping malls,fancy bars and resturaunts but move on a whim to wamsutter,wyoming you will be real disapointed.it seems a lot of people who've never been to wyoming are just picking places on a map at random.for many people wyoming is a wonderful place to live.it just depends on what your interests are.there are a lot of differences in climate,vegetation,and culture between the different cities within the state.there can be a temperature difference of 50-60 degrees in winter between cheyenne and big piney.some people cant live more than 10 miles from a mall or a walmart.a lot of towns in western wyoming are 50-60% lds(morman)[this doesnt bother me but some people it does]before you sell your house you need to at least visit the areas you think you may like,most of wyoming doesnt look like it does in the movies.if you have the right interests and disposition,and move to a part of the state which meshs well with your interests you'll love it in wyoming.just do a lot of research before you commit to a move.
Bob, Am getting ready to move to some area in southern wy. I've been a concrete finisher for 3 decades & the back is telling me to make a vocation change. Been offered a job in the trucking business & I'm fairly sure I'll take it. From your post I figure your from Wy. & might be able to help me. I'm in need of rv park info. If your from the southern Wy. area or know where I could find the info it would be greatly appreciated. I'm from a small town in cental Idaho , I've looked a a few pics. of Wamsutter & it looks like a flat Lewiston, Id. It's an 80 mile round trip from our small ranch to there so the cultuer shock of small towns & remote areas is not new. Take care & thanks for any info. guitarmandale

Old 02-22-2008, 08:58 PM

592 posts, read 2,244,769 times
Green River used to have an RV Park right on the river, West of town called Tex's.
Saratoga has a park right on the river but I can't remember the name.
Rawlins has a KOA and another called western hills.
Laramie has a KOA also.

Old 02-24-2008, 06:21 PM

59 posts, read 226,408 times
cheyenne has 2 parks that i can think of off the top of my head. 1 on east hwy 30 and the other off west college drive just off of I25

Old 03-10-2008, 01:54 PM

1 posts, read 6,184 times
I am supposed to be moving to Casper in a couple of months for my boyfriends job, from Alberta Canada. Is it really that bad in Wyoming??!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming