Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2008, 09:23 AM

9 posts, read 27,554 times

Advertisements

Hello to all...
Wondering if anyone can give me any information about Midwest, Wy. I know it is small....that's about all. Any information would be helpful, Thank you,
Sincerely, Bill
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2008, 10:49 AM

18,700 posts, read 42,065,654 times
Midwest is one of those towns that you really gotta be headed for there. It's not a town that you pass through headed for somewhere else. It's off the beaten trail.

Major shopping would be in Casper. Maybe an hour or so South of Midwest.

Have you looked here on City Data?

Midwest Wyoming

Old 06-04-2008, 05:37 PM

330 posts, read 1,096,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovinchi View Post
Hello to all...
Wondering if anyone can give me any information about Midwest, Wy. I know it is small....that's about all. Any information would be helpful, Thank you,
Sincerely, Bill
I guess my question to you would be "why do you ask?" people want small town for different reasons (or they're moving r/t oil/gas industry and want what's closest to their work)....

It used to be a booming small town, but many of the rigs have been shut down....it's a semi-"poor" town, but it's great for those who enjoy being "off the beaten path"

Old 06-04-2008, 05:51 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,065,654 times
You got me to thinking about Midwest being poor. So I went and checked, The Mean Income per household in Midwest, is higher then Sheridan. hahaha Who would have expected that?

Old 06-04-2008, 06:20 PM

3,202 posts, read 4,434,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
You got me to thinking about Midwest being poor. So I went and checked, The Mean Income per household in Midwest, is higher then Sheridan. hahaha Who would have expected that?
it still has a population below the poverty level that is double the state average and more than 50% below the poverty level that is almost triple the state average[at least it did 9 years ago according to the data.]home values are way below state average also.i imagine that many people living there likely do make decent money since i cant see why anyone would live there unless they were making lots of money or too poor to move anywhere else. im not real sensitive when it comes to smell but the aroma of gas and oil just permeates the air there. its an interesting area to drive through though,[at least for me].

Old 06-05-2008, 03:18 PM

2,007 posts, read 6,832,292 times
Dang. Last time I was in Midwest. I was installing satelite dishes. I could look from the top of a house. Most anywhere in town. And see at least 5 or 6 houses for sale. Most were under $75,000.00 and at least three bedrooms. They had a old hotel, I think three story. For sale for $120,000.00 Needed remodeled. Butt.......
I am glad to see the state doing better. Just wish it would even out or slow down.

Old 06-06-2008, 08:40 AM

2,186 posts, read 6,825,892 times
The only way to understand Midwest is to go there. No trees, oil rigs everywhere, smells bad.

Old 06-06-2008, 09:51 PM

264 posts, read 1,094,302 times
Biggest thing going on in Midwest is the enhanced oil recovery projects. Water from the coalbed methane fields is pumped down from the Powder River Basin and injected in the ground there in Midwest...the idea is to bring back to life that old, abused oil field and squeeze every last drop of oil from it. I believe they're also injecting CO2 into the ground for the same reason.

When I was down there I didn't see much else for jobs. Most folks had plenty of money and lived in trailer homes. Maybe they're being smart...saving their money now for when the bust comes, then move up when housing eventually tanks?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming