Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2008, 12:42 AM

2 posts, read 8,052 times

Advertisements

I am moving from Cheyenne to take a job in Worland, however, I have heard that Thermopolis has more rental properties than Worland. I have found info online for Worland rentals, but the prices seem outrageous even compared to Cheyenne. Buying a house would be a must in time, as the housing is very nicely priced. But, I cannot find a way to get info on Thermopolis rentals. Can someone please help me out?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2008, 10:24 PM

1,872 posts, read 4,221,574 times
I would call the real estate folks in Thermop. I lived there for several years and they were all really nice people. They would be able to help you, I bet. Just look up their numbers on the web. Also, look into calling the local paper, the Thermopolis Independent Record. In my search online I don't see that they have an online edition, but if you call I know they would send you the paper for however long you need it sent. It is a small weekly that comes out on Wed. night so is mailed out on Thurs. That's where people advertise their rentals.

The drive from Thermop to Worland isn't bad as long as the weather is good. But sometimes it feels like a VERY LONG 32 miles! There are no mountains, etc. to go over, but when it snows & the wind blows it can get nasty out there. And there isn't much between the two towns as far as houses, etc. for a good part of the trip. However, with good cell service if something did happen help would be close by in both directions. Living in Thermop isn't bad. My kids were raised there and it's a nice town for that. There isn't a lot there as far as shopping, etc., but Worland is supposed to be getting a Walmart sometime soon. Hope this info helps you out some!

Old 08-30-2008, 10:27 PM

I forgot to mention that at times there can be a lot of deer on the road between Worland & Thermop, especially around dusk, so that's something to always be aware of. I hit one one night and didn't see it until I hit it! Being there is a lot of farm land they just love to be in the corn or hay fields and when they need water away they go across the road on their way to drink, or back to their "homes" to bed down after a nice corn dinner!

Old 09-01-2008, 10:41 AM

2 posts, read 8,052 times
Post Thank You!!

GEORGIANMT,

Thank you very much for your reply! You provided the easy answer that I was looking for! I will call and have their paper sent to me, and maybe I will choose to live in Termopolis and commute to the Boys' School for work. Do you know how far the Boys' School is from Thermop? I seriously do not remember, as I was exhausted from the early morning drive in which I left Cheyenne at 4:00 a.m. for my interview. If I am not mistaken, the school is 4 miles outside of Worland? This move will be a big change for a guy who was born in Cheyenne, and lived in areas such as Nashville, TN as child, and also resided in both Denver and Fort Collins for seven years. I like the small town atmosphere of not having to drive fastly and furiously. But I have been warned of the small town gossip, isolation, and shunning from the locals who do not accept "outsiders." Is all of this really true?

Old 09-01-2008, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJ10 View Post
GEORGIANMT,

Thank you very much for your reply! You provided the easy answer that I was looking for! I will call and have their paper sent to me, and maybe I will choose to live in Termopolis and commute to the Boys' School for work. Do you know how far the Boys' School is from Thermop? I seriously do not remember, as I was exhausted from the early morning drive in which I left Cheyenne at 4:00 a.m. for my interview. If I am not mistaken, the school is 4 miles outside of Worland? This move will be a big change for a guy who was born in Cheyenne, and lived in areas such as Nashville, TN as child, and also resided in both Denver and Fort Collins for seven years. I like the small town atmosphere of not having to drive fastly and furiously. But I have been warned of the small town gossip, isolation, and shunning from the locals who do not accept "outsiders." Is all of this really true?
The boys school is about 25 miles from Thermop. I don't like to "slam" any towns, but I do agree with those who mentioned small town gossip, etc. There is LOTS of that in Thermop! Some people in Thermop are definitely a bit "snooty" and think they're better than everyone else, especially those new to town. When I lived there, from 1982-1995, I had my own circle of friends but, to be honest, I never felt like it was "home" as I never felt that I was made to feel as important as others. Just one woman's opinion, though! I think that no matter what small town you are in you will find your fair share of gossip. There isn't anything going on, so people make up their own news!!!! LOL. I don't know if you are single, have a family, your age, even your religious affiliation (if any) etc., so all of that would really help me give you more advice about Thermop. Your demographics certainly make a difference in how life in Thermop would be. If you don't feel comfy plastering that info here, you can always send me a personal msg and I'd be happy to help you out!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming