Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2006, 09:01 PM

7 posts, read 46,930 times

Advertisements

We are considering moving to Cheyenne and would appreciate any info you can provide.

We are not much for the night life but like to go out for dinner and love the outdoors.

I am a respiratory therapist so info on the hospital would be great.

Also, my husband is wanting to get out of the concrete business so info on what businesses are in town would be good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2006, 06:58 PM

Location: Gillette, WY, Layton, UT, Alameda, CA, Fairfield, CA, Fort Collins, CO, Denver, CO, Chandler, AZ
31 posts, read 150,512 times
Default Out of the way

Dave/ Linda can I entice you to move to the Northern part of the state. Gillette is has very little what you desire as far as resturants, but the area is in desparate need for both you and your husbands skills. You both could make great money in short amount of time. In addition, Gillette is situated between the Big Horn Mtns and the Black Hills with less people to interrupt your ventures.

Wildman

Old 05-19-2006, 08:59 AM

4 posts, read 14,914 times
Dave and Linda:

Cheyenne is growing in amazing leaps and bounds, how about Laramie? Only 40 miles East of Cheyenne. The UW is there and when college isn't in session it is actually a pretty decent little town and the Snowies are right here.

Good luck!

Pam

Old 05-19-2006, 09:00 AM

4 posts, read 14,914 times
Dave and Linda:

I forgot also that Ivinson Memorial Hospital is in Laramie and they are really good folks up there. Doing all of my treatments, etc. in Laramie now and they all seem to be pretty decent.

Again, good luck!

Old 05-24-2006, 11:43 AM

4 posts, read 18,932 times
Default Snow

Does Laramie get snow? I really miss living in snow. That sounds lame I know...

Old 06-05-2006, 04:57 PM

1 posts, read 3,850 times
We are California natives who are also looking to relocate to Wyoming to get away from the smog, traffic, crime and skyhigh housing costs. Husband is an accountant, wife stay-at-home mom with 5 children.

Does anybody have any feedback regarding what city in Wyoming would provide a family atmosphere, friendly/diverse community, schools/college, and affordable housing prices? We want to be "country" but city-close.

Also, please give us any feedback on Wyoming, the people, and the success of hispanic families looking to assimilate into the Wyoming community.

Thank you.

Old 06-06-2006, 12:17 PM

49 posts, read 305,205 times
Yes, Laramie gets snow, as does all of the state. From Laramie on, (westward, southward, even north), there are beautiful mountains and scenery, and harsh weather conditions do crop up frequently.

Being newcomers to the state, we have found it to be very friendly, and although we do live in a town with a population of, (approximately), 900, communities are remote here, and traveling to larger cities is usually/sometimes required. We feel that the beauty, elbow-room, and abundant wildlife here, has made up for any inconveniences we’ve suffered so far. We think Wyoming is a nice place to live.

Also, my husband is Hispanic, and we’ve not experienced any negativity here because of that, and we, too, have school-aged children. We moved to Wyoming because of his employment with the State.

Old 07-09-2006, 10:14 PM

14 posts, read 127,693 times
I was born and raised in Wyoming, but I've also lived in Colorado for a while too.

I'd recommend either Laramie or Cheyenne for relocation. (Actually Laramie is 45 miles West of Cheyenne.)

Both towns have good hospitals: Ivinson Memorial Hospital in Laramie; United Medical Center in Cheyene. Cheyenne also has a VA hospitial.

The University of Wyoming (UW) is in Laramie.

The Laramie Country Community College (LCCC) is in Cheyenne, with an extension campus in Laramie.

F. E. Warren Air Force Base is in Cheyenne.

The mountains between Laramie and Cheyenne are absolutely beautiful and filled with opportunities for a variety of fun-filled outdoor activities. And - the mountains to south and west of Laramie are also absolutely beautiful and are filled with opportunities for a variety of fun-filled outdoor activities too.

Both towns are very family oriented - and pretty good places to raise children.

Yes, we get some snow, and a lot of wind, during the winter - but it's nothing that a little awareness and proper planning can't handle.

I grew up with latino friends, and their families seemed to be welcomed and respected members of our community. Today - my children have latino friends, and their familes still seem to be welcomed, repsected members our community.

I hope this bit of information helps everyone.

Good Luck and Best Wishes,
TML

Last edited by kinnikinnik; 07-09-2006 at 10:16 PM..

Old 08-10-2006, 10:25 AM

24 posts, read 92,086 times
I am looking into moving to Cheyenne too and would love to know how much snow do you get? Everyone there said "Not much" but when you see the snow drift walls it makes you think otherwise. I have lived on Florida for 32 years and I am a wimp in cold weather but I fell in love with the west. We have gone to Frontier Days the last 2 years and LOVE IT!

Old 08-13-2006, 10:40 AM

74 posts, read 366,974 times
My sister is an RN,so is her husband. They are considering Wyoming - what was that about Gillette? Did you say, wildman, that medical skills are perhaps greatly needed in that area? Their homeschooled son is now nearly done at university so schools are not an issue. What is Gillette like? What is it you and your family do? Weather? Thanks for any info. How about gardening? Prices for 10-15 acres with home...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming