Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2007, 04:15 AM

10 posts, read 44,988 times

Advertisements

Whilst researching our family tree, we have found that a couple of our family emigrated to America and settled in 'Almy - Wyoming'.

Their names were Richard and Direnda Dexter. Richard died on the 10th July 1888 and Direnda died on the 5th January 1933 in Evanston.

If anyone has information, I would be extremely grateful.

thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2007, 05:59 PM

592 posts, read 2,244,145 times
Not sure if this will help but I just did a web search for Evanston Wyoming Dexter and got this.

From rootsweb they show a Joseph Henry Dexter in Almy - June 21 1895

Also these names apear in the cemetery but no dates.
# Dexter, Direnda
# Dexter, Elaine E.
# Dexter, Elizabeth J.
# Dexter, Eva D.
# Dexter, John
# Dexter, Joseph
# Dexter, Lucy B.
# Dexter, Richard
# Dexter, Ronald F.
# Dexter, Valliere M.
# Dexter, Welbert C.

Old 06-08-2007, 03:22 AM

10 posts, read 44,988 times
Thank you very much for your reply. I shall dig deeper into this and see what I come up with. Apparently, a couple of families left Selston Nottinghamshire around the same time. I have found that some descendants may still be alive. I shall indeed spend plenty of time researching this family of mine to a large degree.

Once again, thank you for your help.

Old 10-04-2007, 04:47 AM

1 posts, read 4,515 times
Default Australian branch of the Selston Dexters

I am the son of Enoch Dexter who was born in Selston and also researching the same branch of the family including Richard and Direnda Dexter formaly Leivers and the Almy Uinta Wyoming connection.
One of their sons John perished in the 1891 mine explosion and is buried in the Almy Cemetery along with Direnda who came to Almy with Richard and 10 children plus 2 others.

If you want to know some more or have any information that we can swap, then feel free to reply and i can send you my email address in Australia.

Regards. Terence.

Last edited by volosong; 10-12-2020 at 11:41 AM.. Reason: no need for the whole post to be in bold type font

Old 10-14-2008, 05:00 PM

1 posts, read 4,300 times
Default Dexter

Richard and Direnda (Levirs) Dexter are my great great grandparents. Their daughter Matilda is my ancestor. Email me at [EMAIL="kirbyjwilson_at_gmail.com"]kirbyjwilson_at_gmail.com[/EMAIL] with any questions and I'll help you out as much as I can.

Kirby

Last edited by volosong; 10-12-2020 at 11:43 AM.. Reason: e-mail address on the forum not advised - replace "_at_" with "@"

Old 04-21-2012, 09:34 AM

1 posts, read 2,990 times
Default Dexter Histories and Photos

Hi! I am a great granddaughter of Richard and Direnda Dexter. I have pictures and histories and information about our family. We have compiled many things. Please let us know if you are still in need of help. We would love to swap info. [Mod cut] Send me a DM.

Last edited by ElkHunter; 04-21-2012 at 10:50 AM.. Reason: New users cannot post links. He can contact you here.

Old 10-05-2020, 08:52 PM

1 posts, read 1,642 times
There is a post with a list of names here on this thread. I hope you’ve found answers. I happen to be the Great Great Grandson ofJohn and Eva Dexter. They are Buried in Evanston Wyoming. His Father is buried about 40 miles from Evanston, in The Coalville Utah Cemetery. This John Dexter ( my great great great grandpa) had 2 wives. The first Lucy Brown Dexter ( whom is buried in Evanston) The second Elizabeth Lynman, is buried in Coalville. Anyhow, Great Great Great Grandpa was the original John Dexter whom migrated to the USA from England.... Greasely. Born in 1830 and died 1911. I suggest going to familysearch.com and search John Dexter with the Coalville Utah cemetery and years I’ve given you. View his tree, and you will find every person you are searching for. With pictures and stories... I suggest, if you know some of the names, and know stories of them. To add to the memories.
Joseph Henry Dexter is my Great Grandpa, son of John and Eva. After John and Eva’s Death. Joseph, not even a year old, was adopted by his Aunt, whom eventually moved to Egin Idaho. Where he raised his family in the surrounding area and continued the “John Dexter” name with my Grandpa, whom gave the name to my Dad.
Anyhow, FamilySearch.com, you will love it.

Old 10-12-2020, 11:48 AM

6,357 posts, read 7,768,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDexter View Post
Anyhow, FamilySearch.com, you will love it.
Earlier this year, while conducting research, FamilySearch took one of my ancestral lines back to King Ilus I of Troy, (the founder of Troy). A different day, it took another line back to Charlemagne. I have not put much faith in FamilySearch since then.

Moderator posts will always be Red and can only be discussed via Direct Message.
C-D Home page, TOS (Terms of Service), How to Search, FAQ's, Posting Guide
Moderator of Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Guns and Hunting, and Weather

Old 10-14-2020, 11:59 PM

3,888 posts, read 4,542,046 times
My first thought was... Dexters? Is this person asking if there's a serial killer problem?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
View detailed profiles of: