Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2010, 12:57 PM

1 posts, read 2,211 times

Advertisements

Considering purchasing a home in Walden Park (will have it built). Can anyone provide the pros and cons of this particular subdivision? Is there anything else around that area that you would recommend versus Walden Park?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2010, 08:02 PM

143 posts, read 305,006 times
did you purchase here, we are considering walden park as well

Old 01-03-2011, 09:25 PM

143 posts, read 305,006 times
as long as there are no loan problems we should be in Walden Park by Spring, we already have everything picked out. Just waiting on the approval to start building.

Old 01-14-2011, 02:13 AM
ftm

1 posts, read 1,890 times
We moved in this summer and have nothing but good things to say about Ryan Homes and Walden Park. Houses have really started to sell lately...about 1 a week since November. Great school district. Elementary is within walking distance.

Great location, just 2 miles from 77, short commute to uptown or ballantyne, lots of nice families, folks taking walks and walking their dogs all the time, even on cold winter days. That's a little nuts. The lots are bigger (1/4 acre) than most other new developments. You can actually breath between homes. Nice trail from middle of neighborhood leads to nearby park. You really can't beat the price in or around Fort Mill. We looked at over 60 houses in Ft. Mill/Tega Cay before deciding on Walden.

The market is still down, but Ryan is starting to inch up prices as houses keep selling. I heard today this is their best-selling neighborhood right now. Of course, people say things sometimes. They do build a quality home and you can get a lot of different floor plans, despite what the web site offers, as long as it meets covenant minimums (1,700 SF).

Can't imagine a better deal per square foot for what you get. Maybe it's out there, but good luck getting the total package (school system, SF, lot size, neighborhood, prox. to uptown).

Old 01-17-2011, 10:30 AM

55 posts, read 152,178 times
my fiance and i actually live in Walden Park and love it! the neighbors are very nice and friendly. I built in Dec 2008 when Brentwood was still around and i havent had any issues at all with the build quality. Ryan looks like they are doing a great job. Homes have been popping up rapidly (which is great for the neighborhood and home values). The project manager of the lot beside me came to talk to me about drainage issues. Brentwood put a stair step grade on the lots (horrible idea) and he wanted to check with me prior to doing any grading, to see if i was ok with it. He is going to slope and grade everything so that water doesnt cascade onto the lots "down stream." Super nice guy and the crew building the homes are very clean and respectful when working.

The ages range from late 20's to 60's and the ages of children range from new borns to teenagers. The best of luck to you and we hope to have an addition to our neighborhood soon!
Jeff
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties