Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2011, 11:12 PM

1 posts, read 4,049 times

Advertisements

My partner and I of 13 years are considering a move to Rock Hill. I would be accepting a position in the city, but we could possibly live in Charlotte if necessary. The obvious question is: will we be welcomed in Rock Hill proper? We do not "flaunt" our gay sexual orientation, but we do not want to have to hide who we are either. The vast majority of our friends in the small Arkansas town where we currently reside are heterosexual, conservative, and as a descriptive phrase (not to be taken offensively) "red necks", and they have no problems with us or our sexuality. Please be honest and tell us if you think we should live in Charlotte rather than Rock Hill. Thanks!!

Last edited by Keyboard Wizard; 02-24-2011 at 12:18 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2011, 09:10 AM

42 posts, read 97,006 times
I've been here for three years and people seem pretty laid back. I don't think you would have any trouble in Rock Hill. It's not a tiny town and there are many new, young neighborhoods here. I don't have experience with the issue but I've not seen or heard of any such problems. People are pretty friendly and though you will find people with complaints about the town ( for different reasons ), it's just a normal place and people seem to mind their own business.

Old 02-25-2011, 02:59 PM

201 posts, read 598,743 times
The Rock Hill area has a population of around 49,000+. I believe it's about the 4th or 5th largest city in SC, so you will find a diversity of people and lifestyles.

Old 03-01-2011, 01:53 PM

595 posts, read 1,622,579 times
If anyone does have a problem with your "lifestyle", they probably won't say anything to your face about it.

Old 03-01-2011, 06:43 PM

161 posts, read 529,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenvillesc View Post
The Rock Hill area has a population of around 49,000+. I believe it's about the 4th or 5th largest city in SC, so you will find a diversity of people and lifestyles.
Actually, Rock Hill has a population of about 70,000 and York COunty is around 210,000 (2010 census figures pending) so it really isn't a small area.

Old 03-02-2011, 02:11 PM

1 posts, read 3,863 times
Default Rock Hill

I recommend contacting realtor Steven Cooley. There are several 'exclusive' communities where you would be interested in settling that Steven handles.

Old 03-04-2011, 12:36 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,965,703 times
You won't have any problems in Rock Hill. In addition your living expenses will be less than living in Charlotte and commuting.

Old 03-26-2011, 12:41 PM

1 posts, read 3,655 times
Me and my partner of 9 years will also be relocating to Rock Hill, SC when I graduate college. We currently live in Louisiana, but we have been to Rock Hill to visit her mother, who also lives there. It seemed like a really nice place to live and non threatening at all. For the gay couple moving to Rock Hill, if you see this post, you are very welcome to email me and maybe we could meet when we move there. You can send us a message through our face-book account which can be found as Deanna Michele.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties