Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2007, 12:17 PM

29 posts, read 101,886 times

Advertisements

Can anyone give me names of daycares in the Fort Mill? Where do kids go afterschool?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2007, 12:42 PM

4,272 posts, read 6,302,429 times
  • Carolina Kids just opened a brand new center on US-21 Bypass in Fort Mill - rates are higher than some other centers, meals are included.
  • Fort Mill Preparatory School (which is a daycare despite the name) - up the road from the new Carolina Kids - decent prices, meals included, but set closer to the road than Carolina Kids. Working on joining the NAEYC program.
  • Kids R Kids on the corner of 160/Gold Hill Road - don't know much about them but location seems nice
  • Appleseed Development Center which is off of Pleasant Road - I remember that they had an issue of some sort a few years ago (I think it was giving cold medicine to a child without permission?) but I haven't heard anything negative about them since then and only good things since we moved here last summer. Price is decent, LARGE "campus" (it's a full school); Christian environment

Lots of churches also have daycares that might be worth looking into.

Old 08-16-2007, 01:28 PM

Thank you so much. That should be a good start!!!

Old 08-17-2007, 11:42 AM

4,729 posts, read 19,434,041 times
Does Leroy Springs have daycare or just pre-k?

Old 08-17-2007, 05:47 PM

390 posts, read 1,516,095 times
Leroy Springs has PT preschool (not just pre-k age) and they run the afterschool programs that are offered on the elementary school campuses - called Flyers.

Old 08-18-2007, 10:24 AM

1,105 posts, read 4,571,768 times
There is also Field of Dreams located in Baxter Village. Pricey but I have heard nothing but good things about them. York Technical College in Rock Hill has probably the highest recommended daycare in the area but there is a two year waiting list. I have also heard good things about Winthrop University's daycare, which is also in Rock Hill. Just thought I would mention those two in case you have trouble getting into the Fort Mill ones.

Old 08-27-2007, 06:29 PM
ald

59 posts, read 235,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Divine2u View Post
Can anyone give me names of daycares in the Fort Mill? Where do kids go afterschool?
My daughter just started K at Riverview and I enrolled her the Flyers program. I am new to Fort Mill and thought it would be the perfect option since the after care program is onsite. Well my daughter HATED it she came home crying every day and when she left her teacher she cried. It was chaoitic and the kids sat in the cafeteria tables with little or no toys. The staff is completely hands off.

Out of desperation I called Kids R Kids and they have a GREAT reputation. They do not have an opening but the women I spoke to referred me to Carolina Kids. She said the owner is wonderful and she would send her child there. That day I went to see the facility it is brand new and bright and cheery. There is a lot of staff and they are totally hands on. When I went to pick up my child today she was sitting at a table with three other children and a teacher doing arts and crafts. There is a cook onsite and I am told the kids can have as many snacks as they like. The staff is great I was so worried about my child taking the shuttle bus but the driver reassured me. I called Carolina Kids at 3pm and spoke with my daughter to find out how she was.

I would totally recommend Carolina Kids and would not recommend Flyers at Riverview. I hope this helps

Old 08-27-2007, 06:32 PM

Where is Kids R Kids and Carolina Kids? What are the prices for afterschool care?

Old 08-27-2007, 07:09 PM
ald

59 posts, read 235,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Divine2u View Post
Where is Kids R Kids and Carolina Kids? What are the prices for afterschool care?
Carolina Kids is located off the 21 bypass adjacent to the Ryan townhomes in Regent Park. I pay $80.00 per week with a $50 registration fee. This is more expensive than Flyers which is $56 per week but for my situation it money VERY well spent.

I am very new to the area I just moved here and know I've passed Kids R kids a thousand times. It may be off Gold Hill Road. I'm not sure of the tuition.

Do you have elementary school age children? Does he/she go to school in Fort Mill?

Old 08-29-2007, 04:37 PM

390 posts, read 1,516,095 times
Kids R Kids is $75 per week. I highly recommend both the after school and the preschool programs. My kids are very happy there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties