Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2008, 08:16 PM

2,536 posts, read 9,217,967 times

Advertisements

...oh I've also heard thru the grapevine that DDR57 is no longer looking in the area...yet there's some great information here that can possibly be helpful to others out there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2008, 08:13 AM

7 posts, read 20,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethecarolinas View Post
While Fort Mill is still much smaller than Rock Hill the figures you've quoted are a bit off.

The Town of Fort Mill may have around 10,000 people but Fort Mill Township (which surrounds the town) has well over 30,000 people.

Heck even Tega Cay has close to 8,000 people in it now.

...and not much else to do in Fort Mill????...I seem to find plenty of things to do.

But you are right...it just boils down to what a person is looking for.
Unless Tega Cay has doubled in size in the last year and a half it was 4500 at the last census. And Ft Mill was 8500. The township is completely different than the city. Rock Hill has another 26k people outside it's city limits that aren't incorporated. My purpose is not to belittle Ft Mill, just to state it is a much smaller area.

Tega Cay city, South Carolina - Population Finder - American FactFinder

Old 06-03-2008, 08:20 AM

1 posts, read 2,278 times
Default Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDR57 View Post
Can anyone offer any opinions on some subdivisons in Rock Hill? I read alot about Fort Mill & Lake Wylie but not too much about Rock Hill. Is there much difference living in Rock Hill compared to Fort Mill? Some subdivisions we are looking at are Timber Crossing, Waterford Glen, & Wedgewood..any opinions on these areas & the builders?
River Hills in Lake Wylie is a gated community with very freindly people. Great schools and lots of activity. You should check it out. Email me if you want their web site LKnormon@msn.com

Old 06-03-2008, 08:34 AM

7 posts, read 20,664 times
Agree, River Hills is a great neighborhood.

Old 06-03-2008, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyley5 View Post
Unless Tega Cay has doubled in size in the last year and a half it was 4500 at the last census. And Ft Mill was 8500. The township is completely different than the city. Rock Hill has another 26k people outside it's city limits that aren't incorporated. My purpose is not to belittle Ft Mill, just to state it is a much smaller area.

Tega Cay city, South Carolina - Population Finder - American FactFinder
Fully understand what you are saying Kyley yet I have to tell you that the figure you are quoting is an Estimate for 2006 (and this estimate is Waaaaay off). Since the last census this area has exploded with growth. I can tell you that when we moved to Tega Cay 4 1/2 years ago...the popluation at that time was already fast approaching 6,000. That figure continued to grow as the Lakeshore development grew and new areas are annexed into Tega Cay. There was a recent article in the Fort Mill Times putting the current popluation of Tega Cay at apx. 7,400.

But again Fort Mill, nor Tega Cay can't compare to the size of Rock Hill (as it is the biggest town in the county).

Tega Cay maps out plan, future goals

Old 06-05-2008, 08:54 PM

238 posts, read 1,248,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethecarolinas View Post
...oh I've also heard thru the grapevine that DDR57 is no longer looking in the area...yet there's some great information here that can possibly be helpful to others out there.
It's true, Loves, our plans have changed, and we are now headed towards the SC coast & our grandkiddies (hard to say no to them ). We really liked the Charlotte area, though, especially Tega Cay & Indian Land. Everyone on this board was more than helpful with great advice & opinions..so much so that I am still lurking around .

Old 06-09-2008, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDR57 View Post
It's true, Loves, our plans have changed, and we are now headed towards the SC coast & our grandkiddies (hard to say no to them ). We really liked the Charlotte area, though, especially Tega Cay & Indian Land. Everyone on this board was more than helpful with great advice & opinions..so much so that I am still lurking around .
Fully understand DDR57 and I wish you all the best!! (feel free to lurk or jump in...anytime! )
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties