Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2013, 01:47 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,972,302 times

Advertisements

Where is this property located? Is it the goat farmers property or that piece of land across from Baxter Village ... or elsewhere in the area? The 550 homes sounds familiar.

FORT MILL: Fort Mill, Tega Cay could be vying to annex Nation Ford Land Trust | Local News | Rock Hill Herald Online
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2013, 02:44 PM

2,536 posts, read 9,215,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
Where is this property located? Is it the goat farmers property or that piece of land across from Baxter Village ... or elsewhere in the area? The 550 homes sounds familiar.

FORT MILL: Fort Mill, Tega Cay could be vying to annex Nation Ford Land Trust | Local News | Rock Hill Herald Online
Elsewhere.....

It is located across the street from Dave Gibson Blvd. (which is the street to access Gold Hill Elementary and Gold Hill Middle School).

Currently Tega Cay would not be able to annex the property in question. They must first annex the property/land that Comporium Communications is located on (2386 Highway 160 W)

Old 07-07-2013, 03:00 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,972,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethecarolinas View Post
Elsewhere.....

It is located across the street from Dave Gibson Blvd. (which is the street to access Gold Hill Elementary and Gold Hill Middle School).

Currently Tega Cay would not be able to annex the property in question. They must first annex the property/land that Comporium Communications is located on (2386 Highway 160 W)
How far up Hwy 160 is the Tega Cay city limits. I read where Tega Cay was trying to annex Comporium. Is Walmart in the Tega Cay city limits? I have never understood exactly where their city limits extends.

Old 07-07-2013, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post

How far up Hwy 160 is the Tega Cay city limits?
Well, since nothing works on a grid pattern around here.....Tega Cay doesn't go all that far up Hwy 160. Yet, if you look at the Tega Cay City Limits map you'll see that the city limits actually butt up to Baxter Village

Quote:
I read where Tega Cay was trying to annex Comporium.
Yep that's what I was mentioning up above. If TC wants to try and get that new development of 550 homes (if approved) they will need to annex the Comporium property first.

Quote:
Is Walmart in the Tega Cay city limits?
Yes, it is.

Quote:
have never understood exactly where their city limits extends.
See Below (anything in color is within the Tega Cay city limits (we use to be called the Peninsula City....can't say that anymore

Tega Cay Map

http://www.tegacaysc.org/DocumentCenter/Home/View/719

Old 07-10-2013, 06:18 PM

15 posts, read 24,270 times
Fort mill will get it!!! Because the land that the 550 homes are going on was the Close family
land and they still are a partner with Southern Pac homes in the development part also, and Miss Ann wants it in Fort Mill and what Miss Ann wants she gets!!!

Last edited by fort mill boy; 07-10-2013 at 06:28 PM..

Old 07-13-2013, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fort mill boy View Post
Fort mill will get it!!! Because the land that the 550 homes are going on was the Close family
land and they still are a partner with Southern Pac homes in the development part also, and Miss Ann wants it in Fort Mill and what Miss Ann wants she gets!!!
For what it's worth I hope they do get it....no, I take that back....I could care less (hard to get excited about more new homes). But if you really think all Miss Ann has to do is snap her fingers to get it.....I say that's fine by me. As much as she has given back to this area I say so be it!

And off topic here but KUDOS to Miss Ann for making it to the Summit again at age 87 (and she's legally blind)..Amazing!!

87 year-old Fort Mill icon summits Mt. LeConte | Fort Mill Times - Fort Mill, SC

Last edited by lovethecarolinas; 07-13-2013 at 05:33 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties