Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2007, 05:37 PM

11 posts, read 45,040 times

Advertisements

Hi--my husband and I just moved to Shelly Woods. If anyone has a question about the subdivision, please send me a direct message. Sales people will say anything so if you want the 'real' stuff, just send me a message!

Happy New Year to all,
SWR
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2008, 01:06 PM

Hi--It's CarolinaRocks...

After looking at my orginal post, I realized that it came across different then I entended. Most sales agents cannot say certain things about a community because they are restricted by law. For example, they can't say anything about the make up of kids, young adults, religions etc.

Please feel free to IM me if you have these types of questions.

One thing that drives me crazy are the fake 'under contract' signs that are supposed to make us all think that lots are flying off the shelf. Call a spade a spade--it's a difficult market; no need to lie to the people driving around our community.

I received a lot of replies to the original post so I thought that I would post the re-occuring themes from the questions. Please stay tuned for the postings...

Old 02-07-2008, 08:18 AM

2 posts, read 8,234 times
I am thinking about going to the pulte belair community... what do you think of that area (fort mill/ lancaster), my understanding that there will be lots of shopping,restuarants like (blakeney area..etc). my main concern is about the school... do you or you know anyone that goest to the indian land schools? how are those schools, everything from education, class rooms, cafeteria, teachers, principle, tests, home work, curriculam...etc. If you can share ith me what is good, bad, what are they changing, what need to be improved...all the things that someone need to know about a school... i would greatly appreciate... thanks so much.

Old 02-10-2008, 12:34 PM

6 posts, read 34,569 times
Default shelly woods, Indian land

We are moving in indian land area soon. I was researching some neighborhoods like shelly woods, belair, edenmoore, rosemont. If any one can give us any info on those places?? Any negative and positive points for them

Old 04-04-2008, 01:26 PM

hi--i haven't researched the schools (we don't have children), but our new neighbors have all stated that they moved to the area for the schools (not sure exactly what that means, but it sounds positive).

of course i don't know about any of the other subdivisions, because we choose shelly woods from the very beginning. it's very peaceful--we choose the area because of this since we wanted to put in our own pool. The lot sizes vary in size and price, but there are a number of choices available in phases 1 and 2.

We've been in our house for about 6 months now and have to say that the house is so well built. This is our first KHOV house and I would have to say that it's the best one we've owned--the quality of materials is far superior to our past two homes (Fortis and Pulte). The definitely don't skimp when it comes to everything from paint colors to baseboards.

I hear various reports of businesses moving into the area. Unless I read it in the Ft. Mill times or Carolina Gateway, I don't pay much attention to it. It will take some time to bring in new businesses, but we're willing to wait since we're a 5 minute drive from Ballantyne (without the taxes) .

Old 05-25-2008, 07:15 AM

2 posts, read 10,717 times
CR:

We are looking at Shelly Woods and Chastain and The Preserve. Any information or details you can provide about the sales process at Shelly Woods would be of great value.

Thank you

Old 05-25-2008, 08:24 AM

284 posts, read 606,337 times
Have you looked at BridgeMill?

Old 11-05-2008, 12:20 PM

3 posts, read 9,540 times
Hi, I read your message with interest as my husband and I wanted to buy in Shelly Woods but we found the woman agent for KHOV to be utterly stupid. She lost a sale because she never responded and when I emailed her and asked why, she gave us a lame answer. Do you like living there and what, if any, problems did you have with the onsite agent or KHOV?

thanks.

Old 01-02-2009, 05:10 PM

1 posts, read 5,592 times
Question Tell me how honest they are. Do they have a good quality product?

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinarocks View Post
Hi--my husband and I just moved to Shelly Woods. If anyone has a question about the subdivision, please send me a direct message. Sales people will say anything so if you want the 'real' stuff, just send me a message!

Happy New Year to all,
SWR
Do they have a quality product and come through with what the promise?
We are very interested in finding a quality home in the area.

Regards,

Dan Kay

Old 01-02-2009, 07:18 PM

825 posts, read 2,820,552 times
According to this resident who lives in the area, Shelley Woods has rolled up the welcome mat.

//www.city-data.com/forum/york-...ley-woods.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties