Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2008, 03:12 PM

425 posts, read 1,571,249 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bibit612 View Post
Thank you SixITF and groove - I'm tempted to try it that way but am daunted by what I might hit in terms of traffic on 160 to get to 521. I go on 77/21/5/521 to get to Lancaster. Six - your husband and I may be working in the same place!
I am going to pM you. I am dying to know where you live and work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2008, 03:13 PM

425 posts, read 1,571,249 times
Quote:
Thank you SixITF and groove - I'm tempted to try it that way but am daunted by what I might hit in terms of traffic on 160 to get to 521. I go on 77/21/5/521 to get to Lancaster. Six - your husband and I may be working in the same place!
bibit- okay I can't figure out how to PM so you can contact me if you know how and would like to.

Old 01-08-2008, 12:31 PM

74 posts, read 247,963 times
to send a PM just click on the members name on the top left box....theres an option there to send a msg!

Old 01-08-2008, 05:21 PM

390 posts, read 1,515,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Dream View Post
If you are considering moving to Tega Cay,invest in a radar detector,they have an overstaffed and overzealous police force....but they should have their hands full with all of the future crime coming to the newly annexed portion of Hwy. 160 that will house the new Wal-Mart.
Or just consider driving within the speed limit and giving us pedestrians a break.

Old 01-08-2008, 05:36 PM

146 posts, read 451,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by megassel View Post
Or just consider driving within the speed limit and giving us pedestrians a break.
I totally agree!

Old 01-08-2008, 05:43 PM

5,979 posts, read 19,901,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixinthefamily View Post
bibit- okay I can't figure out how to PM so you can contact me if you know how and would like to.
I did get your PM and sent you one back. Click on the Direct Messages link up on the right hand corner of the screen, and yes, your DH and I work at the same place! Cool beans, huh?

Anyway, I am going to try the 160/521 route one of these days! The fog yesterday on SC-5 was brutal!

Old 01-08-2008, 06:49 PM

2,536 posts, read 9,214,733 times
Quote:
I did get your PM and sent you one back. Click on the Direct Messages link up on the right hand corner of the screen, and yes, your DH and I work at the same place! Cool beans, huh?

Anyway, I am going to try the 160/521 route one of these days! The fog yesterday on SC-5 was brutal!
If you happen to live in the Fort Mill area off Gold Hill Rd and work in the actual town of Lancaster, SC there are two other ways you might want to check out:

Take Gold Hill Rd, as you cross over Interstate 77 you will find yourself on the new Northern Bypass Rd. Follow this road (past Capt Steve's, Springfield Elem/Middle, Nation Ford HS, Springfield subdivision) until you get to the intersection of Springfield Pkwy (Northern Bypass) and Hwy160. Make a left at Hwy160. This route will have you avoiding any of the Downtown area of Fort Mill. Hwy 160 will run you directly into 521 where you would then make a right.

Another way that I prefer to get to Lancaster (I happen to live in Tega Cay/Gold Hill Rd, same side of town as you) is take the I-77 to exit 65 (which is the 9) follow 9 into town. I have found this to be a quicker trip and much easier on the nerves..than the route you are currently taking.

Old 01-08-2008, 06:51 PM

2,536 posts, read 9,214,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by megassel View Post
Hallelujah!!!!!

Old 01-08-2008, 07:04 PM

5,979 posts, read 19,901,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethecarolinas View Post
If you happen to live in the Fort Mill area off Gold Hill Rd and work in the actual town of Lancaster, SC there are two other ways you might want to check out:

Take Gold Hill Rd, as you cross over Interstate 77 you will find yourself on the new Northern Bypass Rd. Follow this road (past Capt Steve's, Springfield Elem/Middle, Nation Ford HS, Springfield subdivision) until you get to the intersection of Springfield Pkwy (Northern Bypass) and Hwy160. Make a left at Hwy160. This route will have you avoiding any of the Downtown area of Fort Mill. Hwy 160 will run you directly into 521 where you would then make a right.

Another way that I prefer to get to Lancaster (I happen to live in Tega Cay/Gold Hill Rd, same side of town as you) is take the I-77 to exit 65 (which is the 9) follow 9 into town. I have found this to be a quicker trip and much easier on the nerves..than the route you are currently taking.
Thank you lovetc. I tried the first today to come home (we came from Matthews and decided to go 521). There's a wee bit of construction on the corner of 160 toward 521 and don't know how much backup there is, but will try that one time that I'm in no hurry.

I was considering your 2nd option...I believe that is through Camden? I think it's longer but one of these days, I'll take your suggestion. I don't mind a little bit longer so long as it's easier on the nerves. I guess Rte 9 is mostly 2 lanes each way, and not too many lights, but with SC-5 being just 1 lane each way, a breakdown of these log trucks or severe fog is making me white knuckled on the drive. If I'm really unlucky, I get 40 mph creepers on a perfectly clear and dry day and it's suicide to pass!

Thanks again for the suggestions!!!

Old 01-08-2008, 07:13 PM

12 posts, read 28,885 times
Default Need School info plus..

Could anyone suggest some of the better school in the FM/ Lake Wylie area? Need elem and middle. Also, would like to know if there are overcrowding and redistricting problems. Names of private schools would be hlpful too as that my be an option. Being near water is appealing or having neighborhood water acess. Any recommendations for neighborhoods $450K tops. We are planning a visit to the area in Feb.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties