Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2008, 07:43 PM

2,536 posts, read 9,215,372 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuzu1 View Post
Thanks for all your replies.
I am looking to rent long term.

My price range is around 700 - 750 bucks per month, if you know any places for rent in that range please let me know.

Thanks
zuzu1
While maybe not impossible...that price range is going to be tough to find. To give you an idea of what things are going for in the area (Fort Mill)..you may want to take a look at the Charlotte craigslist. Use Fort Mill in the search for section - in apts/housing for rent.

I wish you the best of luck though.

charlotte craigslist > apts/housing for rent: search for "fort mill"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2008, 08:15 AM

4,729 posts, read 19,432,819 times
There are some apartments in Fort Mill "off the beaten path" that APPEAR decent called Edgewood.. I drive through by there to get to Rock Hill.

Old 01-21-2008, 05:24 PM

3 posts, read 12,196 times
Default Fort Mill townhouse

My Mom has a townhouse for rent in Fort Mill, off Highway 160, near Tega Cay. It's about 15 miles from the airport. It's 1263 square feet, 2 bedrooms, 2.5 baths and rents for $950 a month. lakeohouse@comporium.net
Quote:
Originally Posted by zuzu1 View Post
Hi All,
I am planning to move to Fort Mill from Chicago. Initially I decided to move in Charlotte but then hearing the crime stories I have decided to move to Fort mill as I need a palce closer to Charlotte airport as I commute every week and also a safer place.

I have been looking into some Apartment Communities in Fort mill but unable to decide on one.
I liked Millcrest Park Apart Community.
Can anyone please let me know about this Apartment, hear its brand new so like to know your opinion.
Also please recommend any good apartments in fort mill for rental.

Thanks in Advance
Aka

Old 01-23-2008, 05:49 PM

36 posts, read 186,357 times
I am an apartment manager in Rock Hill (next door to Fort Mill). Millcrest is probably the best you'll find in Fort Mill.

I haven't seen it, but it looks like it has it all from the ad in the Apartment Finder Magazine.

Good Luck!

Old 02-28-2008, 12:28 PM

635 posts, read 1,656,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by megassel View Post
I second the comment that Palmetto Place is not recommended for long term rental. It's fine for short-term, or if you need a place that takes pets, but I wouldn't live there for any extended period of time. (Lived there for 6 months while completing the house).

Ok....I was getting all excited cause I found an apartment under $800 (Palmetto Place) and now I hear it has RIF RAF!!! What kind of Rif and Raf?
I should have known (ha ha). What about these Edgewood apts? I can't locate a site for it online. Fort Mill sounds ideal...but apartments are a bit pricey.

Old 03-01-2008, 09:15 AM

392 posts, read 1,184,212 times
Hi, Mollym313. In answer to your question re riff raff at that location... there were nice folks living there (young couples with kids, sweet retirees, working professionals incl. a TV reporter on CLT newstation, and lots of folks like us who were waiting on new home moves). That being said, IMO, there was also this other element...

We were there for about 6 mos and were on the receiving end of broadcast letters from management that had the tone of "stop doing this and that, we know who you are, you will be prosecuted" and such. Based on what one of the letters said, the pool area kept getting trashed at night such that they were threatening to limit the pool hours to when the office was open. We did not use the pool. Some drug dealing was rumored to be taking place from one apartment and investigated by management, along with underage partying being allowed by parents.

One guy walked around and always seemed drunk. Unsupervised small children hung out in parking lot. There were these teenage girls who looked more on display/available than most street walkers I have seen. What I call very "hard" looking. They hung out alot at the playground, in the parking lot, and at the pool.

Sorry to have to rag on the place publicly, as mgmnt appeared to be trying their best over there. Just wanted to be honest with you, molly, since you asked.

Old 04-02-2008, 03:06 PM

329 posts, read 1,272,176 times
Default Look at Peachtree Apartments

Have you looked at Peachtree apartments? 1 bedroom $675 851 sq/ft, 2 bedrooms $775 (3 different floor plans).

Easy access to 77, close to stores and shops and nice wooded setting. I haven't heard any negative reviews about it. Heard some about the rest in the area, plus they look so cookie cutter with views of the parking lot or another building.

I was just there visiting and scoping things out. I am moving there end of September. Everyone I mentioned it to had good things to say about it - although it is an older complex, but nice floor plans. I don't think they take pets though so that may be a problem.

Old 04-03-2008, 09:27 AM

119 posts, read 361,248 times
We lived in Palmetto Place as well from July 2006-October 2006. The rent was almost as much as our mortgage for the 3BR apartment. Nice enough, but I have a feeling that the mold problem was really a problem. I always had a runny nose, cough... They just kept painting over it. Look up at the ceilings in the hallways and you will see mold that they probably still haven't fixed yet. Again, that was almost 2 years ago though.

Old 04-05-2008, 08:14 AM

151 posts, read 571,188 times
When we moved from SoCal we stayed at Peachtree for about 3 months. Let me pass on one golden nugget about that place, can't speak to other apartment complexes. The homes are laid out like townhomes which is a plus to begin with. However, we were anxious to find our home, and after several deals fell through we found our home in Tega Cay in 3 months. At Peachtree when we moved in they had a minimum of 6 month lease period, not sure if it's still the same. When my wife found it she indicated it was the only complex she could find with a 6 month period by the way. So we thought for sure they would make us buy out our remaining lease which we were prepared to do. However, the management quickly found a new renter, and placed them in our old apartment. We were refunded the remaining time on our lease without question. It's obvious, that if they were so inclined, they could have pocketed the extra cash!

Old 04-08-2008, 03:01 PM

329 posts, read 1,272,176 times
So do they have regular vacancies at Peachtree. Just curious if it was going to be difficult to get in. I hope not, because they are exactly what I am looking for - only other thing I could ask for is to be on the lake
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties