Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 11:45 AM

4 posts, read 19,959 times

Advertisements

Hi All,
I am planning to move to Fort Mill from Chicago. Initially I decided to move in Charlotte but then hearing the crime stories I have decided to move to Fort mill as I need a palce closer to Charlotte airport as I commute every week and also a safer place.

I have been looking into some Apartment Communities in Fort mill but unable to decide on one.
I liked Millcrest Park Apart Community.
Can anyone please let me know about this Apartment, hear its brand new so like to know your opinion.
Also please recommend any good apartments in fort mill for rental.

Thanks in Advance
Aka
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2008, 12:45 PM

2,560 posts, read 8,550,237 times
Don't let people scare you. I live in Uptown Charlotte and have for 7 years and have NEVER had a problem. People may ask for money, thats everywhere. Just keep walking and don't look their way.

Charlotte is a WONDERFUL city.

Old 01-07-2008, 01:33 PM

4,729 posts, read 19,421,248 times
Millcrest is nice, but technically less than a mile from Charlotte so you would likely have the same issues there. This is the area of Fort Mill formerly known as "Fort Vegas". Though it's been cleaned up a lot, there are still crimes in the area. There aren't too many apts in Fort Mill, Peachtree Place and Edgewood are the only two that look decent other than Millcrest.

Old 01-07-2008, 02:50 PM

2,560 posts, read 8,550,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by groove1 View Post
Millcrest is nice, but technically less than a mile from Charlotte so you would likely have the same issues there. This is the area of Fort Mill formerly known as "Fort Vegas". Though it's been cleaned up a lot, there are still crimes in the area. There aren't too many apts in Fort Mill, Peachtree Place and Edgewood are the only two that look decent other than Millcrest.
Isn't there an apartment complex on 160 near Tega Cay. They look pretty nice and are probably one of the newer ones in Fort Mill. I think they may be called "Palmetto Place"

I would NOT be affraid to live in Charlotte either!

Old 01-07-2008, 06:09 PM

2,536 posts, read 9,210,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by groove1 View Post
The above is not accurate.

Lake View happens to be the apartments that are located on Flint Hill Rd (just off of 21/51, close to the NC stateline) Not Millcrest Apartments.

Millcrest Apartments are located of Hwy 160 (near Gold Hill Rd.)

Old 01-07-2008, 06:21 PM

2,536 posts, read 9,210,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zuzu1 View Post
Hi All,
I am planning to move to Fort Mill from Chicago. Initially I decided to move in Charlotte but then hearing the crime stories I have decided to move to Fort mill as I need a palce closer to Charlotte airport as I commute every week and also a safer place.

I have been looking into some Apartment Communities in Fort mill but unable to decide on one.
I liked Millcrest Park Apart Community.
Can anyone please let me know about this Apartment, hear its brand new so like to know your opinion.
Also please recommend any good apartments in fort mill for rental.

Thanks in Advance
Aka

While there are many safe locations within Charlotte, NC...I will say that Fort Mill, SC will be a great area if you are going to be communting to the Charlotte Airport.

Millcrest Apartments are the newest apartments in the area, safe area, off Hwy160 and Gold Hill Rd, (only possible downside...there will be commercial property being built next door..in the very near future)

The other two complexes in Fort Mill that I usually suggest to folks are:

Palmetto Plantation (Hwy 160, off Gold Hill Rd.)

Peachtree Place (Hwy 160/21)

Another suggestion (although I don't happen to know your price range)..have you thought about renting a townhome, or a house?

Old 01-07-2008, 07:43 PM

392 posts, read 1,183,454 times
zuzu - are you renting long term or temporary? I agree with lovethecarolinas in that, depending on your price range, you might want to think about a townhome. This especially if you are going to be renting for a while.

RE Palmetto Place (across from Food Lion on Highway 160, very near the intersection with Gold Hill Road)... We rented there for about 7 months while we looked for a house. While I met some nice folks living there and the maintenance folks were very nice and helpful, I do not recommend the place to prospective renters.

Good luck and welcome.

Old 01-08-2008, 06:14 AM

5,979 posts, read 19,891,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanRoadGirl View Post
.While I met some nice folks living there and the maintenance folks were very nice and helpful, I do not recommend the place to prospective renters.
Heard that this place has some riff raff going on. When we moved down, I was looking to rent a house in the older section of Tega Cay. It was not much more than the cost of a 3-BR in the Ballantyne area.

Old 01-08-2008, 11:53 AM

4 posts, read 19,959 times
Thanks for all your replies.
I am looking to rent long term.

My price range is around 700 - 750 bucks per month, if you know any places for rent in that range please let me know.

Thanks
zuzu1

Old 01-08-2008, 05:26 PM

390 posts, read 1,515,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zuzu1 View Post
Thanks for all your replies.
I am looking to rent long term.

My price range is around 700 - 750 bucks per month, if you know any places for rent in that range please let me know.

Thanks
zuzu1
I second the comment that Palmetto Place is not recommended for long term rental. It's fine for short-term, or if you need a place that takes pets, but I wouldn't live there for any extended period of time. (Lived there for 6 months while completing the house).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties