Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2008, 06:16 PM

116 posts, read 430,779 times

Advertisements

Now that I've gotten this whole NUCLEAR PLANT thing out of my system I've got one more question in regards to TEGA CAY. The home we are looking to purchase is absolutely fantastic, completely redone inside and out - even though it's an older home (I think that late 70's early 80's). Anyway, when we went inside it was completely vacant and scattered here and there throughout the house were quite large thankfully DEAD bugs which appeared to be roaches or waterbugs and a couple of spiders. There were enough there for me to wonder - is this a HUGE problem in the area, or could this just be the house? My agent did point out quite obviously that the house was empty which is why the bugs felt comfortable enough to come in and that the extermination contract was probably not kept up since vacancy. All valid conclusions. I am horrified by bugs overall - roaches and spiders in particular. Any insight into this would be great. For those living in Tega Cay, if you tell me - yeah we get bugs here cause it's wooded and on the water but if you stay on top of it there won't be a problem...that would make me feel GREAT . LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2008, 07:20 PM

285 posts, read 1,020,406 times
I live just outside of Tega Cay in Knightsbridge. Yes, I have seen a few of the bugs you saw in my house, despite my pest contract. I'm not sure what they are - not roaches, long, multi-legged, big antennae? I've read about "palmetto bugs" on this forum, maybe that's what they are.

Either way they are gross. I need to have Terminix come back in the house instead of just spraying outside. Empty houses always have dead bugs in them. I'd just get the house sprayed and under contract before moving in.

Old 01-19-2008, 05:04 AM

850 posts, read 2,651,651 times
If you have a cat, you never see the bugs!

Old 01-19-2008, 07:10 AM

Default what about a dog?

I can't have cats we're all allergic - but I'm getting a bulldog puppy on the 1st of March...you think a dog might help the situation? lol

Old 01-19-2008, 08:47 PM

146 posts, read 451,712 times
I live in Tega Cay and we don't have a lot of bugs-thank goodness! We have seen a few of those bugs with a ton of legs, but only a couple...however our house was built in 2006, not sure if that matters.

Old 01-21-2008, 08:12 AM

4,272 posts, read 6,300,581 times
We used to get bugs when we first moved in our house, but then signed up with Orkin and the problem almost came to a complete stop. We have them spray INSIDE the house twice a year, and outside the house four times per year. It works well for us.

Old 01-21-2008, 09:42 AM

58 posts, read 221,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsantamaria View Post
I can't have cats we're all allergic - but I'm getting a bulldog puppy on the 1st of March...you think a dog might help the situation? lol
I have two shelties, Rusty and Sam, and no bugs here. I also live in a newer home. Please check with the Tega Cay ordinance Ordinances (http://www.tegacaysc.org/city_ordinances.html - broken link) to make sure the bulldog breed is allowed in the community.

Old 01-21-2008, 11:55 AM

thanks for the heads up ...i checked the ordinances on the site and couldn't find anything. Are there any breed restrictions in Tega Cay?

Bulldogs are not pit-bulls they are a non-aggressive breed.

If that's the case then I guess I don't have a CHOICE but to look elsewhere.

That would be one way to come to a conclusion. lol

Old 01-21-2008, 01:39 PM

58 posts, read 221,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsantamaria View Post
thanks for the heads up ...i checked the ordinances on the site and couldn't find anything. Are there any breed restrictions in Tega Cay?

Bulldogs are not pit-bulls they are a non-aggressive breed.

If that's the case then I guess I don't have a CHOICE but to look elsewhere.

That would be one way to come to a conclusion. lol
Guess I was confused about the bulldog and pitbull breed. Sorry LOL. I was at one time interested in the waterfront condos in Tega Cay and DR. Horton said no Rottweiler, Pitbulls or Chows etc.. I don't know the single family homes concerned and I did not have a reason to look into it yet. But it's wise to do before you sorry. I know of a lot of other neighborhoods don't allow agressive breeds.

Old 01-21-2008, 03:00 PM

darn, i was almost happy for a moment there - i wouldn't have to think so hard. LMAO
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties