Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2007, 08:10 PM

425 posts, read 1,571,776 times

Advertisements

My parents wanat to follow us down south. They want on the water anywhere on Lake Wylie or other lake suggestion. Did I hear something about Townhouses being built near Tega Cay marina ? They really want something low maintance. It can be across the street from the water but within walking distance. A ranch or cape would also be great. Anything around 300,000 range that you would reccomend ? They want 10 years old or less. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2007, 07:35 PM

2,536 posts, read 9,217,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixinthefamily View Post
My parents wanat to follow us down south. They want on the water anywhere on Lake Wylie or other lake suggestion. Did I hear something about Townhouses being built near Tega Cay marina ? They really want something low maintance. It can be across the street from the water but within walking distance. A ranch or cape would also be great. Anything around 300,000 range that you would reccomend ? They want 10 years old or less. Thanks
Alright!...So now your parents want to come to the Carolina's too!. That is great news!!

Well, there are a few townhomes being built in Tega Cay but the townhomes closest to the water are located by the Tega Cay Beach and Swim Center. They are by D.R. Horton and are called Beach Club Townhomes (it appears that they start in the high $200 range and on up)

There's also another (townhome) called Silver Gull Village (high $200 range) not on the water but they do overlook the golf course.

Now if you can talk your parents into being in Tega Cay (but not on the water) this would be my pick (they are selling really well).....Calloway Village (by Standard Pacific). They have a golfcourse townhome in the high $190,000's or a Ranch home starting in the $230 range.

There is also a few other homes being built in Tega Cay (in the Meadowview section of Lakeshore) by Alluring Home (who I know nothing about) in the mid $250 range.

Now I will say the above are all new homes that are currently being built...yet there are other townhomes within Tega Cay that are close/near the water yet they are around to 15 to 20 years old though.

Another place I was going to suggest (but again your throwing me for a slight curve when the 10 year old or newer) is River Hills Plantation over in Lake Wylie. This is a gated community that sits of fthe lake as well (alot of community things going on there too). OR across the street is a place called Lake Wylie Woods (I think that is the name)...but again older than 10 years.

There are also quite a few townhomes on the other side of the lake in Rock Hill (but I don't know how far you want your parents from you)

Hope that helps some...if you need anything else let me know! LTC

Old 06-02-2007, 07:01 AM

425 posts, read 1,571,776 times
Once again just the info I was looking for. I would love them to be a little further away like 45 minutes( we had been living about 2 minutes apart) but I will take what I can get. They would not mind living on the NC side either just near water for retirement.They do not even care which lake.

Old 06-02-2007, 08:35 AM

192 posts, read 687,755 times
LOLOL! You are too funny. I'd love for my parents to be able to move down but , like you, 45 minutes away is close enough!

Old 06-03-2007, 05:33 PM

20 posts, read 100,074 times
My parents too are thinking of following us to SC. they are very interested in the Dell Webb community in Lancaster County (about 15 - 20 minutes from Fort Mill). We visited and it seems like a very nice senior community. They have lots of organized activities and social groups (everything from shopping to kayaking I guess) and the housing styles and prices vary.

Old 06-03-2007, 05:42 PM

2,536 posts, read 9,217,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixinthefamily View Post
Once again just the info I was looking for. I would love them to be a little further away like 45 minutes( we had been living about 2 minutes apart) but I will take what I can get. They would not mind living on the NC side either just near water for retirement.They do not even care which lake.
Well, then that opens up even more possibilities (and that probably explains why I have a 15-20 minute buffer zone with my parents)....Oops...I hope our families don't find this site!

I'll get back to you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties