Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2008, 03:32 PM

238 posts, read 1,247,915 times

Advertisements

Hi..Yesterday I sent for some info on this community from Ryan Homes. In the meantime, can anyone comment on the community? Are the lots small (1/4 acre)? Has Ryan homes built any inventory homes or model homes yet? I see that it is located in Tega Cay which is a great area..Where exactly in Tega Cay is it located (I have a map). Tega Cay itself offers lots of amenities..does Serenity Point offer anything else?
Sorry for all the questions..
Thank you!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2008, 03:57 PM

2,536 posts, read 9,214,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDR57 View Post
Hi..Yesterday I sent for some info on this community from Ryan Homes. In the meantime, can anyone comment on the community? Are the lots small (1/4 acre)? Has Ryan homes built any inventory homes or model homes yet? I see that it is located in Tega Cay which is a great area..Where exactly in Tega Cay is it located (I have a map). Tega Cay itself offers lots of amenities..does Serenity Point offer anything else?
Thank you!!
Well, hey there DDR57

Serenity Point is located in Tega Cay (the somewhat new area of Tega Cay that was annexed from Fort Mill Township/unincorporated portion of York County).

The location is off of Hwy 160, between Gold Hill Rd. and Dam Rd. It will basically sit behind Stonecrest (and the other new commerical developement...sorry I am drawing a blank right now on the name, along with the Stonecrest Villas)...and continue down towards the water (Lake Wylie). I drove back behind there last week and there was one model home being built (course in a weeks time the whole place could have gone up by now just kidding). They say the lots are 'up to' a 1/2 acre. It will be located in Tega Cay so all the amenities of our city will be part of the deal.

In that same general area, off Gardendale Rd there will eventually be the Catawba River Park sitting on 120 acres.

Ryan Homes

Fort Mill Times — Gardendale development under new management (broken link)

Old 01-31-2008, 06:32 PM

116 posts, read 551,069 times
The model for Ryan homes is open now. It is the Amberglen Model and is roughly 7300 sqft.

Old 01-31-2008, 06:38 PM

259 posts, read 798,249 times
Quote:
Thank you!!
Hi!

We are renting right now in the Stonecrest Villas which are the ranch style condos right next to the new Ryan development (Serenity Point). We are located behind the new Wal-Mart being built along with other stores. You can enter Serenity Point from the street by the Wal-Mart (called Stonecrest Blvd??) or off of Dam Rd which is off of Rt 160. The model is nearest to the Wal-Mart street entrance.

My husband and I walked over and looked through the model while they were building it. It looked like it was going to be a luxurious home. I will say that the area back there is gorgeous.. winding streets and lots of trees.

It sounds like they are beginning to build more homes but we have not gone back to check.

I confess I thought it strange to put such a beautiful development behind a Wal-Mart, but the Wal-Mart is beginning to look like a cute little village and the people in my development are really pleased to be located near so many new stores.

The basic area is wonderful since it is close to I77 and the number of conveniences out on Rt 160 is great.

You will not find Stonecrest Blvd. on any map. It is too new. Look for the corner of Rt 160 and Old Tara Road. Stonecrest Blvd is directly across from there.

So I would say, if you are local, go take a look! Good luck!

Old 01-31-2008, 08:23 PM

7300 sq feet!!! Wow! Gee, If we build a 3000 square foot house it'll look like a gate house in comparison... Seriously, I did not realize that the homes would be that large. It may be a little too much for us. Otherwise it sounds like a very nice development. As far as Walmart..I am not a huge fan but it sounds like the stores are going to be done in a very tasteful manner which is what counts! We are back in the area househunting in early April & will definitely take a look. Thanks everyone for your input.

Old 01-31-2008, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethecarolinas View Post
Well, hey there DDR57

Serenity Point is located in Tega Cay (the somewhat new area of Tega Cay that was annexed from Fort Mill Township/unincorporated portion of York County).

The location is off of Hwy 160, between Gold Hill Rd. and Dam Rd. It will basically sit behind Stonecrest (and the other new commerical developement...sorry I am drawing a blank right now on the name, along with the Stonecrest Villas)...and continue down towards the water (Lake Wylie). I drove back behind there last week and there was one model home being built (course in a weeks time the whole place could have gone up by now just kidding). They say the lots are 'up to' a 1/2 acre. It will be located in Tega Cay so all the amenities of our city will be part of the deal.

In that same general area, off Gardendale Rd there will eventually be the Catawba River Park sitting on 120 acres.

Ryan Homes

Fort Mill Times — Gardendale development under new management (broken link)
Hi Loves
As you can tell we are still in the hunt for our landing spot in SC...Tega Cay is one of our favs..it's a great community. We dolove the rolling hills, the trees & the amenities! It's easy to see why you love it there! Hope all is well with you!

Old 02-01-2008, 04:36 AM

104 posts, read 338,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movingdown View Post
Hi!

We are renting right now in the Stonecrest Villas which are the ranch style condos right next to the new Ryan development (Serenity Point). We are located behind the new Wal-Mart being built along with other stores. You can enter Serenity Point from the street by the Wal-Mart (called Stonecrest Blvd??) or off of Dam Rd which is off of Rt 160. The model is nearest to the Wal-Mart street entrance.

My husband and I walked over and looked through the model while they were building it. It looked like it was going to be a luxurious home. I will say that the area back there is gorgeous.. winding streets and lots of trees.

It sounds like they are beginning to build more homes but we have not gone back to check.

I confess I thought it strange to put such a beautiful development behind a Wal-Mart, but the Wal-Mart is beginning to look like a cute little village and the people in my development are really pleased to be located near so many new stores.

The basic area is wonderful since it is close to I77 and the number of conveniences out on Rt 160 is great.

You will not find Stonecrest Blvd. on any map. It is too new. Look for the corner of Rt 160 and Old Tara Road. Stonecrest Blvd is directly across from there.

So I would say, if you are local, go take a look! Good luck!
Where did you find your rental property? We are looking to buy or rent for July 1st when we relocate from Maine. Thanks for the info!

Old 02-01-2008, 10:47 AM

126 posts, read 412,193 times
Ryan homes will not build inventory homes. I was out there about a month ago and that is what they told me. Alot of the new home builders are going that way.

It's a nice community though.

Old 02-01-2008, 03:14 PM

259 posts, read 798,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K&KsMom View Post
Where did you find your rental property? We are looking to buy or rent for July 1st when we relocate from Maine. Thanks for the info!
I found rentals on a number of websites. Try realtor.com and click on rentals. I have thrown away the names of the other sites but you can type in "rental homes" in Google and they should come up.

The condo we are renting is through First Properties of the Carolinas.

We found it a good idea to rent first and then decide where to build which is what we are doing

Good luck.

Old 02-02-2008, 06:43 PM

58 posts, read 221,847 times
Quote:
7300 sq feet!!! Wow! Gee, If we build a 3000 square foot house it'll look like a gate house in comparison... Seriously, I did not realize that the homes would be that large. It may be a little too much for us. Otherwise it sounds like a very nice development. As far as Walmart..I am not a huge fan but it sounds like the stores are going to be done in a very tasteful manner which is what counts! We are back in the area househunting in early April & will definitely take a look. Thanks everyone for your input.
Looks like it has a full basement with those sq ft. By the way, you will get to use all the community amenities in the older section of Tega Cay!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties