Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 09:59 AM

5,979 posts, read 19,891,469 times

Advertisements

We are bringing home a new addition to the family this Saturday, a Golden Retriever we will adopt form a co-worker who brought him home when he strayed into the employee parking lot late last year. I apologize in advance if this thread already was started here since I paged back a couple and did not find it. Our neighbor who has a Golden and a beagle goes to Catawba Animal Clinic in Rock Hill. She mentioned that since it was a large clinic, they can accomodate you with short notice. She used to take them to Fort Mill Animal Clinic but just said she was not impressed. She also takes the Boyz (the dogs) to get their nails clipped at Dirty Dog, but had warned me to expect a dump. She never leaves the dogs there she says but nail clipping is reasonable at $5. I would also need a kennell eventually as when all this yucky cold is gone, we would be planning to hit the beach (Yay!) and may want to board the dog, if our nice neighbor cannot dog sit for us in the meantime. All responses appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2008, 11:24 AM

2,536 posts, read 9,210,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bibit612 View Post
We are bringing home a new addition to the family this Saturday, a Golden Retriever we will adopt form a co-worker who brought him home when he strayed into the employee parking lot late last year. I apologize in advance if this thread already was started here since I paged back a couple and did not find it. Our neighbor who has a Golden and a beagle goes to Catawba Animal Clinic in Rock Hill. She mentioned that since it was a large clinic, they can accomodate you with short notice. She used to take them to Fort Mill Animal Clinic but just said she was not impressed. She also takes the Boyz (the dogs) to get their nails clipped at Dirty Dog, but had warned me to expect a dump. She never leaves the dogs there she says but nail clipping is reasonable at $5. I would also need a kennell eventually as when all this yucky cold is gone, we would be planning to hit the beach (Yay!) and may want to board the dog, if our nice neighbor cannot dog sit for us in the meantime. All responses appreciated.
Congrats! bibit on your soon to be new addition.

-As far as vets go we take our animals to Tega Cay Animal Hospital (Dr. Willoughby)
TCAH.com Office Hours

-As far as boarding we now use Continental Boarding (located in the Steele Creek area of Charlotte).
Continental Boarding & Imports dog boarding, Doggie Daycare, Doggie Playcare, Charlotte Kennels, boarding, kennel, kenneling, dog training, pet resort, doggie daycare, puppy boarding, puppy training, puppy daycare, K-9, police dogs, agility, obedienc

For several years we boarded our animals at TCAH...but they no longer board. We have also used Bowzee Wowzee in Fort Mill (which is nice too). But a while back someone highly recommended Continental Boarding to us on this site and we have used this ever since (now my neighbor takes her dogs there as well). They area also located right next door to the 24 hour emergency vet.

As far as grooming services (by the way either location above does nail clipping)...but if you are looking for someone just for grooming. I have used the groomer that they have at TCAH.....and lately I have been taking my dog to the groomer at Bowzee Wowzee (Becky)
Bowzee Wowzee - Pet boarding in Fort Mill SC

Good Luck to Ya!

Old 02-13-2008, 12:05 PM

Thanks, LTC! That boarding place looks like the Ritz Carlton or Waldorf Astoria for pets! Ha ha ha! Maybe I'd go there myself one time and rent one of their suites when I wanna get away from the kids!

See ya Friday!

Old 02-13-2008, 05:54 PM

392 posts, read 1,183,454 times
Congrats on the new Golden, bibit! Looks like LTC has ya all taken care of!

Old 02-14-2008, 11:04 AM

146 posts, read 451,487 times
Just to add another option- we use the Pet Nanny Michelle Shirley when we take shorter trips and can leave the dog at home. She has been wonderful with our little dog and even makes extra trips to our home to check on her without additional cost because she knows our puppy has trouble "holding it" sometimes (small dog, even smaller bladder!). Anyway, just another option for you! She has a website Michelle Shirley's Pet Nanny a pet care and home sitting service in York County South Carolina serving Tega Cay and Fort Mill, SC.

Old 02-14-2008, 04:38 PM

57 posts, read 238,121 times
I use Dirty dog depot, it may be dumpy looking at the Tega Cay( Fort Mills)
location but there kennel is located in Clover and i've been impressed with how good they treat the dogs.

Old 02-19-2008, 09:34 AM

192 posts, read 687,190 times
Bowzee Wowzee is a great kennel but they're always booked full. I may have to try Continental. I've had several people tell me they're good.

We are now using Catawba Animal Clinic (used to go to Ft Mill Animal Clinic) and have been very pleased.

Old 02-19-2008, 01:54 PM

2,536 posts, read 9,210,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baggleflap View Post
Bowzee Wowzee is a great kennel but they're always booked full. I may have to try Continental. I've had several people tell me they're good.

We are now using Catawba Animal Clinic (used to go to Ft Mill Animal Clinic) and have been very pleased.
That is what happened to us...we were headed out of town one weekend and called Bowzee Wowzee...only to find out that they were booked full. We have been going to Continental Boarding ever since.

Old 02-19-2008, 08:19 PM

Please see our new baby Max on the Pet/Dogs thread. Thanks a mil to all who responded with recs! Are Continental's fees comparable to Bowzee's? The former does not publish their rates on the website.

Old 02-20-2008, 03:22 PM

119 posts, read 361,056 times
Also, Lucky Puppy Pet Spa is wonderful on Rte 160 in Fort Mill in the Tom Hall Plaza. Reasonably priced and she will even come to your house for the same price as boarding your dog there! They are the feature business of the week at myfortmill.com. See the link there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties