Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2008, 03:37 PM

4,139 posts, read 11,493,300 times

Advertisements

When we first moved to the Charlotte area we looked first on the lake. I fell in love with a house that had been on the market almost a full year. Unfortunately, we couldn't make an offer at that time (our other house hadn't sold yet) and by the time we were ready, it had sold.

I still dream about that house.

So, any of you live ON the lake? Do you love it?

thoughts?

Dawn
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-29-2008, 05:20 AM

174 posts, read 732,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnW View Post
When we first moved to the Charlotte area we looked first on the lake. I fell in love with a house that had been on the market almost a full year. Unfortunately, we couldn't make an offer at that time (our other house hadn't sold yet) and by the time we were ready, it had sold.

I still dream about that house.

So, any of you live ON the lake? Do you love it?

thoughts?

Dawn

Dawn, I live in a Lakefront subdivision on Lake Wylie. About 10 of the homes out of 144 are Lakefront, quite a few have Lakeview and most of us have a short walk to the Lake. My area really offered a nice deal in that you are very close to the Lake but most homes still are in the 200-250K price range. It really is a nice setup and at one time it was Ryan Homes fastest selling neighborhood in the Charlotte region. You can check it out at index.

Old 02-29-2008, 06:34 AM

126 posts, read 412,223 times
I have friends that live in the Palisades and they love the area.

Old 02-29-2008, 09:14 AM

24 posts, read 77,043 times
Default Living on the Lake

We live on a cove in River Hills. Our neighbors include ducks, geese, herons, rabbits, chipmunks, a pair of hawks, and humans too. From our windows on the water, the closet house is about 100 yards across the cove.
It is such a pleasure to go boating on a whim (no longer spending an hour-or-so getting the gear together and driving to the dock). On a hot summer day I can throw the raft in the water, grab a book, and float my cares away.
All in all, It is like being on vacation 24/7.

Old 02-29-2008, 11:58 AM

That is what I am looking for!

We really aren't subdivision people. Our home right now is in an area where everyone bought land and then built their own homes, so each has its own character and look.

Honestly, I wish I knew where we had looked when we found that house I loved so much. We switched realtors during that time too (that realtor made a racial slur that really sent me over the edge, but that is a whole different post! and almost caused me to not move here at all.)

How far are you from Uptown?

Maybe I should get a realtor and look around and see what is out there right now before we look at selling our house.

This is really my dream location, and I feel like I *settled* to live where we are now. DH is ok with moving if I am really set on it and it will keep me from begging to move back West!

Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elenak View Post
We live on a cove in River Hills. Our neighbors include ducks, geese, herons, rabbits, chipmunks, a pair of hawks, and humans too. From our windows on the water, the closet house is about 100 yards across the cove.
It is such a pleasure to go boating on a whim (no longer spending an hour-or-so getting the gear together and driving to the dock). On a hot summer day I can throw the raft in the water, grab a book, and float my cares away.
All in all, It is like being on vacation 24/7.

Old 02-29-2008, 11:59 AM

I will check it out. I think we want privacy though. We looked at something similar back a while ago and DH especially felt the homes were not very private.

That is certainly very affordable though!

Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukepoke View Post
Dawn, I live in a Lakefront subdivision on Lake Wylie. About 10 of the homes out of 144 are Lakefront, quite a few have Lakeview and most of us have a short walk to the Lake. My area really offered a nice deal in that you are very close to the Lake but most homes still are in the 200-250K price range. It really is a nice setup and at one time it was Ryan Homes fastest selling neighborhood in the Charlotte region. You can check it out at index.

Old 02-29-2008, 12:03 PM

I see a couple of homes for sale there. They look very nice! I would love to have 1/2 acre to 1.5 acres on the water too, that would give DH his land and me my lake! :-)

Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpreston View Post
I have friends that live in the Palisades and they love the area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties