Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2008, 06:55 PM

474 posts, read 1,749,570 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by batgramy View Post
Just a quick update...My family attended Springfest today and had a great time!There was something for everyone....the entertainment was good and so was the food!There was a great turn out and everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves.The weather even held out with just a few sprinkles here and there.I think it was a very well planned event and look forward to next year.Congrats to all who planned the event!
We went as well and had a great time. Live music was very good and there were plent of food options.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2008, 01:18 PM

4,729 posts, read 19,431,606 times
We went as well and enjoyed it very much. The pizza from Fratelli's was delcious and the Springs Farms strawberry deserts were amazing. It was a very nice event. Though I never attended Festifun, I enjoyed Springfest because it was a little different than other festivals.

Old 05-07-2008, 03:36 PM

74 posts, read 247,963 times
I went and well never been to to 1 before...but wasnt totally happy with it. The pizza was cold and didnt taste like it does at the rest. I ususaly do like Fratellis pizza but if thats how it is now..id never go back! Also I didnt know the kids area would be up a hill...which would of been fine but being preggo and having to climb didnt make me a happy camper. But my dauhter had a nice time so thats all I cared about!

Old 05-08-2008, 09:32 AM

1,105 posts, read 4,571,229 times
Pizza never tastes as good as it does at the restaurant. I usually LOVE Fratelli's but I never get take out. Tried it a few times and it just wasn't as good and not worth the price. Now if I want to eat good pizza in a restaurant, I go to Fratelli's hands down.

Even the Sam's Club pizza tastes better at Sam's than it does at home. I guess just the few minutes it sits out when you take it home makes all the difference.

I really enjoyed Springfest and like the location a milliom times better. I only went to Festifun once but decided I wouldn't go back because there wasn't much to do and not worth the hassle of parking.

Old 05-08-2008, 12:52 PM

74 posts, read 247,963 times
I figured that about the pizza....When I got a slice at Springfest I was shocked with the taste of it. Just didnt taste like theres. But I agree once its outta the oven im sure that can make it taste crappy. Those lil heat lamps did nothing. Id still go back to Fratellis for pizza since I live 30 secs away and I always felt it was 1 of the better places in FM

Old 05-08-2008, 01:30 PM

Last time I got Fratelli's for takeout it wasnt very good...but that was only one time out of 6 or seven. The pan pizza is awesome!

Old 05-09-2008, 09:22 AM

119 posts, read 361,201 times
Well, we had to buy the hotdogs for my girls, and let's just say that they only ate the bun! They need to think about maybe just boiling the hotdogs as it was so dried up it was more like beef jerky. Again, we went at 6pm so maybe that was the reason?

I enjoyed the strawberry dessert too, as I had never had it that way (with the vanilla pudding).

Old 07-01-2008, 10:54 AM

14 posts, read 58,469 times
I just hate the the Springfest organizers planned their festival for what had traditionally been the Fest-I-Fun weekend for about 25 years. Come on, there are 51 other weekends in the year and they just HAD to have that same weekend.

Fort Mill could have easily supported both festivals on different weekends as long as they were at least a few months apart. Maybe Fest-I-Fun will return some day as the downtown area continues to be redeveloped and dressed up.

Old 07-01-2008, 11:05 AM

Please stop crying it about it already. Festifun is done; it's over with and the new festival went smoothly and was very enjoyable.

Old 07-01-2008, 11:15 AM

14 posts, read 58,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by groove1 View Post
Please stop crying it about it already. Festifun is done; it's over with and the new festival went smoothly and was very enjoyable.
The "Fest-I-Fun" name and such is held by a private group of citizens who can bring it back to life whenever they wish....and I hope they do.

WAHHHHHHH!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties