Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 07:53 AM

474 posts, read 1,749,663 times

Advertisements

This will take the place of the Fest-i-Fun (that's a horrible name btw) that used to take place on Main Street.

Fort Mill Times — Fest-i-farewell (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2008, 08:52 AM

4,729 posts, read 19,432,819 times
I hadn't been to Festi-i-Fun but the new setup looks like it would be good and more family oriented.

Old 03-07-2008, 05:51 PM

23 posts, read 76,313 times
This is a horrible idea! #1 Danny LIED in his campaign saying he wasn't going to change Fest-I-Fun, he's just trying to make a name for himself and he will - a bad one. Fest-I-Fun did not need to be eliminated, it needed to be made better. The citizens of Fort Mill said as much during the election. He won't allow for profit vendors, he has no place to hold it and the 2 suggestions have NO parking. Danny is making a huge mistake and it will show in the next election. He's wrong, he's being juvenile, and he needs to grow up.

Old 03-07-2008, 06:13 PM

23 posts, read 76,313 times
I would like to encourage anyone that either agrees or disagrees with Danny's idea to e-mail the Fort Mill Times at news@fortmilltimes.com. They need the writers name, address (street & city work fine) and a daytime phone # where they can reach you to verify what you wrote. I know a lot people are planning on calling Danny or Mr Hudspeth, but I think it is very important for everyone to see how people feel about this.

I also find it very curious that the Move Fort Mill Forward (MFMF) group has been planning a car show since the beginning of the year at the end of May which would have been a conflict with the Fest-I-Fun Car show. The sad part about the MFMF car show is that since they are planning to hold the "Fort Mill Thunder" show on Race Weekend, no one will go. They just don't want to wake up and face reality. Then again many of the participants in MFMF backed Danny...

Don't let Fort Mill turn into just another Charlotte Suburb. Speak up. Speak out.

Old 04-29-2008, 09:06 AM

5 posts, read 17,159 times
As a resident of Fort Mill I am looking forward to Springfest.I see no reason to bash something until you have experienced it.It sounds to me to be very family oriented, with something for all.Sometimes change is good.I for one was getting tired of the same vendors at Fest-i-Fun and found many things very nice, but highly priced.I say let's give it a chance, and everyone enjoy themselves!

Old 04-29-2008, 01:23 PM

4,729 posts, read 19,432,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by batgramy View Post
As a resident of Fort Mill I am looking forward to Springfest.I see no reason to bash something until you have experienced it.It sounds to me to be very family oriented, with something for all.Sometimes change is good.I for one was getting tired of the same vendors at Fest-i-Fun and found many things very nice, but highly priced.I say let's give it a chance, and everyone enjoy themselves!
I agree.

Old 04-29-2008, 03:14 PM

74 posts, read 247,986 times
Where have I been..I never heard of Springfest...what is it??

Old 05-03-2008, 06:33 PM

5 posts, read 17,159 times
Talking Had a Great Time!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by batgramy View Post
Just a quick update...My family attended Springfest today and had a great time!There was something for everyone....the entertainment was good and so was the food!There was a great turn out and everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves.The weather even held out with just a few sprinkles here and there.I think it was a very well planned event and look forward to next year.Congrats to all who planned the event!

Old 05-04-2008, 02:58 PM

850 posts, read 2,651,869 times
This was a great event!!! we had a blast, perfect location... Thanks!!!

Old 05-04-2008, 04:39 PM

119 posts, read 361,248 times
We must have gone too late around 6:30. Where was the second stage that was supposed to have the York Idol Contest?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties