Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2008, 12:19 PM

98 posts, read 286,479 times

Advertisements

My wife and I are looking at 5 houses in each this weekend and wanted to hear from anyone who lives in there? Do you like the community, facilities, schools? We have 16 month old twins and my wife stays at home, are there lots of other families w/ small kids?

Thanks for the help, hopefully we'll find a house we like this wknd, I'm getting kind of sick of looking at so many places!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2008, 05:40 PM

16 posts, read 46,630 times
We are building in Bridgemill and move into our new home April 4th. We have a 17 month old and have already met several of our neighbors - most of whom have young children. I understand that the community has a very active play group for the kids. You may want to ask to see a copy of the neighborhood newsletter when you're in the sales office. It will give you a good idea of what the neighborhood and all it's activities are like. I can tell you that the John Wieland staff has been GREAT to work with. The whole experience has been wonderful. Good luck!

Old 03-07-2008, 07:34 PM

850 posts, read 2,651,415 times
We live in Baxter but love Bridgemill! The floor plans are awesome! Maybe one day we can join you!!!

Old 03-14-2008, 11:52 AM

3 posts, read 11,789 times
We moved to Bridgehampton last fall due to work (big surprise!). So far we really like the community and love our house. I concur that Wieland is a great builder with a stellar reputation in the South. The quality of our house and the clubhouse is excellent. Since Bridgehampton has been around for a few years, its a fairly established neighborhood, but everyone is incredibly friendly. We looked at Bridgemill and actually preferred Bridgehampton for the following reasons:
1. It was actually more affordable to purchase a 3 year old home in Bridgehampton vs. build a new one in Bridgemill. This may have changed now but it was a fact back in September of 2007.
2. Proximity to 485 and Ballantyne - while Bridgemill is only a couple of miles further south, during high traffic hours that is another 5-10 minutes of driving time if you are going Uptown, etc. We also really like being near Ballantyne and the restaurants, shops, etc. Now that the Adrey Kell /521 shopping mall is being developed we will be within walking distance of a grocery store, drug store and restaurants.
3. Larger lot sizes - when we toured Bridgemill we noticed that many of the lots weren't as large as those of Bridgehampton. I suspect this is a pure profitability issue and that all the builders here have started stacking houses on top of each other. . .

However, I will say that Bridgemill has beautiful amenities and if I worked south of there I would have bought a home in that community and been very happy. You really cannot go wrong with either one.

Final note - make sure you are comfortable with the school options in both Bridgehampton and Bridgemill; they map to Indian Land, which (depending on who you ask) is either really bad, getting better, or fine. There are a number of private options around both communities, but you should weigh the cost and convenience if you are leaning towards one type of school or another.

Good luck!

Old 03-14-2008, 01:30 PM

98 posts, read 286,479 times
Thanks for the info! We have about 4 years till our girls are in school. I've read a lot of the posts on here about the Indian Land schools and it seems that the consensus is that they aren't Fort Mill standard, but they are ok. My wife was talking with someone today who told her they were horrible, so after I've been telling her they are ok, now she has become nervous that we are making the wrong choice. I love the amenities of both Bridgemill and Bridgehampton. I didn't like that the $400k and less houses in Bridgehampton were set off on their own and near that road. I like that Bridgemill has more of a mix of high price/mid price homes. I would love to be in Bridgehampton, but not sure if we can swing that right now. Maybe the next house! So if anyone lives in these 2 communities and can give me some insight on the schools (mostly elem). I'd greatly appreciate it! This forum has really helped us out! Thanks!

Old 03-17-2008, 12:04 PM

284 posts, read 606,272 times
Default Bridgemill resident here

Hi MD2!

My wife and I (and three children, including 6 month-old twins) live in BridgeMill and we are extremely happy here. We built and moved in January of 2006. Great neighborhood, very friendly neighbors, good amenities, etc. Our oldest isn't yet in elementary school, but other neighbors have good things to say about Indian Land Elementary. And the general consensus on the middle and high schools seems to be "decent, but getting better as the area is growing".

If you're interested in BridgeMill, feel free to shoot me an email at mike_arthuruf@hotmail.com and we can exchange contact info there. I'd be glad to answer any questions you have.

Mike

Old 03-18-2008, 11:22 AM

28 posts, read 99,947 times
Does anyone know if John Wieland at Bridgemill is willing to wheel & deal when it comes to making offers on their spec homes? Like would they willing to take 10K offer list price??

Old 03-18-2008, 11:32 AM

1,895 posts, read 6,170,034 times
My experience with builder inventory lately has been positive in that regard -- last fall I was able to get well more than that taken off for one of my clients (another builder, but I believe most, if not all, builders are willing to negotiate on inventory homes.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties