Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2006, 12:21 PM

19 posts, read 86,300 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are planning to invest in a town home in a community that's just coming up in Indian Land. It's about 2 miles from the NC State line and very close to the Ballantyne area (where we're currently renting). Does anyone know anything about how this area is going to shape up in the next few years? I've been hearing that It's the next "hot area" ... anyone know anything more on this ? And how good are the schools there ??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2006, 01:14 PM

47 posts, read 165,642 times
Its already a very desireable area, I have lots of clients building and buying around there. Not sure about schools there..... Many areas are needing more schools due to the fast growth.

Old 12-04-2006, 02:43 PM

Thanks Nspect !! That's just what I needed to hear !

Old 12-04-2006, 06:46 PM

2,536 posts, read 9,214,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vini View Post
My husband and I are planning to invest in a town home in a community that's just coming up in Indian Land. It's about 2 miles from the NC State line and very close to the Ballantyne area (where we're currently renting). Does anyone know anything about how this area is going to shape up in the next few years? I've been hearing that It's the next "hot area" ... anyone know anything more on this ? And how good are the schools there ??
While I'm sure many natives of Indian Land would not like to be the next new hot spot..I'm afraid it's too late. It's been discovered. It's location to Charlotte (Ballantyne), Fort Mill, and Sun City, along with the housing prices, make it very attractive to many. The only thing I would say that could use some improvement would be the schools (Indian Land is within the Lancaster School District).

Old 12-05-2006, 06:12 AM

Thanks lovethecarolinas ! And I think you're right about the schools. I've been researching the schools there and I'm not coming up with anything great. They're just average it seems. And we did drive by that side again last evening and it does look and feel rather isolated. So we just might wait it out to see how that area develops before we put our money there. Would you happen to know which parts of Fort Mill are good choices for buying a home ? We have a 3 yr old so good schools are a priority.

Old 12-05-2006, 02:11 PM

2,536 posts, read 9,214,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vini View Post
Thanks lovethecarolinas ! And I think you're right about the schools. I've been researching the schools there and I'm not coming up with anything great. They're just average it seems. And we did drive by that side again last evening and it does look and feel rather isolated. So we just might wait it out to see how that area develops before we put our money there. Would you happen to know which parts of Fort Mill are good choices for buying a home ? We have a 3 yr old so good schools are a priority.
Your very welcome....

...but just so you know...I.L. might look a little isolated to you right now...but I can tell you it will not stay that way for very long. While I might be a little hesitant about the schools...if there is someone out there that this did not bother, or no longer have children in the school system....IMO...Now would be the time To buy in Indian Land. It has already changed much in just the last year or two and I've already seen several prices increases in the area. But enough about Indian Land .......

In regard to buying in Fort Mill....there is not really an area that I would be concerned about. The only development that might/could bother some would be Regent Park (which use to be PTL - Heritage USA...think Jim and Tammy Faye Bakker). If you do a search on the SC posts under Regent Park...I have brought up some things in the past about this).

Are you looking for new or resell? Or if you have an apx. price range I would be more than happy to suggest some places for you. I really do not know anything about the builders in the area...but if your in need of a realtor I do know a really good one.

Take care and good luck with your search!

Old 12-06-2006, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethecarolinas View Post
Your very welcome....

...but just so you know...I.L. might look a little isolated to you right now...but I can tell you it will not stay that way for very long. While I might be a little hesitant about the schools...if there is someone out there that this did not bother, or no longer have children in the school system....IMO...Now would be the time To buy in Indian Land. It has already changed much in just the last year or two and I've already seen several prices increases in the area. But enough about Indian Land .......

In regard to buying in Fort Mill....there is not really an area that I would be concerned about. The only development that might/could bother some would be Regent Park (which use to be PTL - Heritage USA...think Jim and Tammy Faye Bakker). If you do a search on the SC posts under Regent Park...I have brought up some things in the past about this).

Are you looking for new or resell? Or if you have an apx. price range I would be more than happy to suggest some places for you. I really do not know anything about the builders in the area...but if your in need of a realtor I do know a really good one.

My husband is a software engineer and works as a contractor so we're actually looking at property that can be rented out if and when we have to relocate. So our focus has been on townhomes, as we've been informed by our realtor that they're easier to rent out . We're looking mainly at new developments but also open to a resell thats in good condition. And we are trying to stay under $ 200,000. We're looking at this townhome development by pulte in the ballantyne area ... they look great and fit our current budget. But I'm still keen on researcing Fort Mill before I make that choice. Thanks again for your advice

Old 12-22-2006, 10:29 AM
BUK

1 posts, read 3,592 times
If a realtor's mouth is moving, watch out, because the most of them don't know what they are talking about!!!!

Old 12-24-2006, 10:42 AM

1,417 posts, read 6,908,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethecarolinas View Post
Your very welcome....

Totally agree with lovesthecarolinas. This would be the times to put money in. Prices and growth are only going to go up from the way things are going. Good luck!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties