Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2008, 09:32 AM

11 posts, read 38,555 times

Advertisements

Our family will be moving to the fort mills area soon. My husband will go first (possibly the end of April) and our two boys and I will follow after school is out for the summer break. His company just informed us of the move at the beginning of March. I have googled everything imaginable concerning fort mills but I need a little help. I have narrowed it down to two communities, Tega Cay and Baxter Village. Since the job my husband is committed to will be no longer than two years, we are only interested in renting. Rentals in these areas are scarce. Are there other neighborhoods that I am over looking? Please someone, HELP! Tega Cay I love your area, but everything seems older.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2008, 10:22 AM

2,536 posts, read 9,210,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsdavis View Post
Our family will be moving to the fort mills area soon. My husband will go first (possibly the end of April) and our two boys and I will follow after school is out for the summer break. His company just informed us of the move at the beginning of March. I have googled everything imaginable concerning fort mills but I need a little help. I have narrowed it down to two communities, Tega Cay and Baxter Village. Since the job my husband is committed to will be no longer than two years, we are only interested in renting. Rentals in these areas are scarce. Are there other neighborhoods that I am over looking? Please someone, HELP! Tega Cay I love your area, but everything seems older.
Hey there sandsdavis - first off if you are going to google...you might type in Fort Mill (versus Fort Mills ) you should have a little bit better luck. Although I have to tell you...we don't have an over abundance of rentals around here.

Tega Cay has a older section (the original part)...maybe that is what you are seeing...but that is only one portion of Tega Cay. Our current population is only around 6,000 so course your selection will be rather limited too.

There have been previous posts on here in regard to rentals in the Fort Mill/Tega Cay area...you may want to use the advanced search feature...but along with that my suggestions would be to look on Craigslist, or some of the local realtors in the area (if I put it on here...they will delete the names apparently...feel free to send me a DM if you wish), or even the newspapers online (Fort Mill Times, The Herald).

Not sure of your price range either but I did see some rentals in Waterstone (Fort Mill), and I know someone on this site is renting a home in Tega Cay...maybe they will chime in on how they went about it. I also viewed Stonecrest Villas in Tega Cay had some rentals too?

Old 03-12-2008, 11:50 AM

850 posts, read 2,650,054 times
There are a few house rentals in Baxter, search Craigslist or carolinahome.com... Plan on paying 1500-2200 a month for a home, 1300-1600 for a town home...

Old 03-12-2008, 08:07 PM

259 posts, read 797,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsdavis View Post
Hi!

I am a recent transplant who is renting a condo in Stonecrest Villas. They have up to three bedrooms but there are no children in here at the moment. When I was looking to rent, I mainly used realtor.com and selected rentals. I just did that and found 14 listings with some in Tega Cay and Baxter.

I can't remember the other sites I used, but try googling "rental homes" and a lot of rental sites will pop up.

A local company who manages a lot of local rental property is First Properties of the Carolinas (I hope the moderators don't cut the name out!). They manage our unit. You might contact them. I did not see rental listings on their website, but they did show up on my realtor.com search.

When I was looking, I had a choice of a lovely home in Waterstone (as mentioned above) or this condo. The condo was best for us at this time.

I am sure you will enjoy this area. It is very convenient and the people are very friendly.

Good luck!

Old 03-15-2008, 06:57 PM

251 posts, read 1,127,691 times
My understanding is Stonecrest Villas is an adults only community---rather surprising that someone who lives there does not realize that, but maybe I'm wrong. But back to the original question, rentals in "nice neighborhoods" is pretty much a contradiction of terms---unfortunately only a few rentals will greatly drive down the quality of life in the area. I know from experience.....

Old 03-15-2008, 07:43 PM

2,536 posts, read 9,210,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moedog View Post
My understanding is Stonecrest Villas is an adults only community---rather surprising that someone who lives there does not realize that, but maybe I'm wrong. But back to the original question, rentals in "nice neighborhoods" is pretty much a contradiction of terms---unfortunately only a few rentals will greatly drive down the quality of life in the area. I know from experience.....
Gee...let me think about who that little dig might have been meant for???

But for your information...while Stonecrest Villas has been marketed for retirees/empty nesters....they are not not necessarily age restricted.

Old 03-15-2008, 10:06 PM

24 posts, read 78,225 times
Are you looking specifically for Fort Mill schools? Do you have a max price range, you can pm me if you would like. I have a rental coming up in Black Horse Run in June. I also know of one in Baxter that is available and we have client that may consider rental in Bridge Hampton. Regent Park may be another option for you.

Old 03-16-2008, 08:15 PM

Smile Fort Mill Schools-Definately!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethc View Post
Are you looking specifically for Fort Mill schools? Do you have a max price range, you can pm me if you would like. I have a rental coming up in Black Horse Run in June. I also know of one in Baxter that is available and we have client that may consider rental in Bridge Hampton. Regent Park may be another option for you.
I am definately looking for the fort mill elementary school zones. I don't won't to go over $1500 a month. I searched realtor.com, rentalhouses.com, and lots more and kinda narrowed it down to Tega Cay first with Baxter Village next. If we can rent cheaper in other neighborhoods, I am very interested. I am open to all options and neighborhoods and I'm not dead set on a house, a town home will work also. Can you tell me the elem. school for the Black Horse Run home? I haven't seen anything in Bridge Hampton (this is a subdivision?) but I have seen a town home in Regent Park that is available now, but that doesn't work for me. We must have a pool or a community pool for our boys and I do have two precious cats. I am new at this "chatting" thing on line so you will have to tell me what pm me means.
Go a head.............laugh! Thanks to everyone who has responded, very helpful.

Old 03-16-2008, 08:24 PM

259 posts, read 797,793 times
Quote:
I'm sorry you have had a bad experience with rentals, but I assure you that not all people who rent bring down the quality of life. We probably care more about this community than the owners of our unit!

As LovestheCarolinas said, Stonecrest Villas is NOT age restricted.

Old 03-17-2008, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Sorry for the bad experience. I have been a renter for the last 8 years due to our family moving concerning my husband's job, and I have never lost any of our security deposit. I treat every home just like it belongs to me. I have seen some homes that have been abused by renters, and that does give the rest of us a bad rep. I will continue to search for "nice neighborhoods".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties