Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2009, 08:14 AM

18 posts, read 51,837 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PharmD/MBA View Post
My wife and I tried to go see the property. We called and they won't even tell you where the tract is. The said come to sales center on 521 and we'll show you land survey but can't take you to property because of insurance issues (no roads built so must go off road). Anyway almost a year after they have started advertising on the back of almost every local newspaper and on the the radio as well there isn't as much a road built. I told them to keep it.
I don't blame you then. It looks like they are using the money from the land sales in order to develop the property. If they go broke the land owners might have to wind up paying for the infrastructure to be put in if they ever want to get to it.

I know they are offering a 2 year guarantee if the value of the property go's down but that is not going to get you anything if they go bankrupt.

Another option is Catawba Shores Estates. They are on the Rock Hill side and also have lots on the river. They already have roads in and some homes are going up now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2009, 01:58 PM

1 posts, read 3,289 times
I go by this site every day and absolutely nothing is being done. There's big earth movers out there to look impressive, but they are sitting idle with nothing new going on for quite awhile. I personally would not invest in a lot there with nothing to show that it is actually progressing with development! Although, it is true - that part of the Catawba River is beautiful. I think they are just running out of money like so many other developers. There's an active railroad track that you have to go over to get into the proposed development - not a very attractive entrance for a luxury development.

Old 06-05-2009, 12:47 PM

1 posts, read 3,206 times
Default Rvierchase IS developing

We bought a lot there and everything is moving forward as we were told, roads are in and the front entrance is almost done. Lakes are going in now. It was best to have a realtor take you there because all could see before were trees, they took us in, showed us where the roads would go, etc. We have bought in new developments before, you have to be able to see the vision. LGI has a good reputation and great success in developing other areas. You have to check it out and see for yourself, not a good fit for everyone and depends on how soon you want to move.

Old 07-16-2015, 08:50 PM

1 posts, read 1,972 times
Can someone just tell me who the builders are. The homes are gorgeous they don't have much going on with a lot of houses but the ones I seen was to die for way better than livewell home. I am like I HAVE TO GET ONE OF THOSE HOMES.

Old 07-20-2015, 07:45 PM

29 posts, read 56,034 times
Meritage. We bought there and are very happy.

Old 11-04-2015, 02:58 PM

14 posts, read 16,152 times
Default Any recent info on this?

I know that Riverchase Estates is up and running now anyone buy a lot there considering building?

Old 07-16-2017, 02:04 PM

1 posts, read 1,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen Tunnell View Post
It is only 10 miles to the City of Lancaster which has a very quaint and vibrant downtown, the University of South Carolina Lancaster, performing arts, etc. Although Fort Mill schools are great, Lancaster County has greatly improved its school district, and I would argue Lancaster County schools are better than Mecklenburg County and Charlotte. Plus, to live in such a development on the Catawba with the advertised amenities can't be found anywhere in Charlotte for that price.
Downtown Lancaster is DEAD. Drive down Main Street and all the stores are boarded up.
There are hardly any performing arts to speak of at USC-L.
Not sure where you got the school quality being better in Lancaster. Maybe Fort Mill.
Ask the residents of SunCity where they go for healthcare. Everyone turns LEFT from the SunCity development and heads north. Spring Memorial Hospital is owned by Community Health Systems. Look here:

[url]www.modernhealthcare.com/article/20160924/MAGAZINE/30924996[/url]

I know this development off Riverside Road. People who choose to live there will be going through Highway 5 to 21 and up 77 for things to do when they want something other than the big pool, the hiking trails, the kayaking.

Last edited by singlesprocketeer; 07-16-2017 at 02:06 PM.. Reason: mistype

Old 07-17-2017, 05:37 PM

11 posts, read 16,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by singlesprocketeer View Post
Downtown Lancaster is DEAD. Drive down Main Street and all the stores are boarded up.
There are hardly any performing arts to speak of at USC-L.
Not sure where you got the school quality being better in Lancaster. Maybe Fort Mill.
Ask the residents of SunCity where they go for healthcare. Everyone turns LEFT from the SunCity development and heads north. Spring Memorial Hospital is owned by Community Health Systems. Look here:

- Modern Healthcare Modern Healthcare business news, research, data and events

I know this development off Riverside Road. People who choose to live there will be going through Highway 5 to 21 and up 77 for things to do when they want something other than the big pool, the hiking trails, the kayaking.
Yeah you're definitely not familiar with Lancaster being that it's downtown is normally busy. Let's not forget about the restaurants opening along main. Also what buildings are boarded up?

Old 09-23-2018, 09:59 PM

1 posts, read 970 times
This was a very interesting thread. I’d be interested to know some thoughts now. The amenity center is beautiful and some of the homes are fabulous, but pricy. They have sold several homes, but some spec homes still remain after over a year or more.

My husband and I are relocating and we like serene living. This is a contender for us. However, we are concerned about the subdivision never closing out, forever construction, the sold lots without build will eventually be too high to sell or build. I appreciate your thoughts.

Old 04-24-2019, 01:19 PM

14 posts, read 16,152 times
Default Riverchase Estates now :)

Amenity center is complete. Roads are in with 2 new sections opening. There are 5 custom builders and building on lots are booming right now. there is nothing like this community in the Charlotte area. There was also a recent shopping center and more restaurants in Indian Land area. Community is really in the Van Wyck area still about 10 miles N of Lancaster though a Lancaster address. We LOVE the area but don't tell anyone we don't want it to grow lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties