Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2008, 06:03 PM

5,979 posts, read 19,895,233 times

Advertisements

I got a little postcard in the mail today regarding lots for sale at Riverchase starting at $69K. These are supposedly 1 acre estate lots. My husband and I are thinking of buying a lot as investment property. Anyone ever visited this site? Who is the builder and what is your opinion of the location of the property?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2008, 07:46 PM

2 posts, read 14,702 times
We checked it out this past saturday. It is 15 minutes from 77, exit 77 and at least 25 minutes from Ballantyne. They have a list of builders, local, custom type builders. I remember O'Connell being one of them. There is not much out there now but seems like there will be a lot of developement in the future. The neighborhood itself seems like it will be really nice.

Old 10-21-2008, 06:04 PM

1 posts, read 10,633 times
Riverchase Estates would be a bad real estate investment. The site is far from anywhere and it would be years before you be able to sell the lot for profit. Not to mention that the amenity is very expensive and more than likely it'll be years before that gets built if at all.. The HOA costs will be too high and many residents on 1 acre lots will likely choose to build their own pools, etc, if the what the developers are marketing actually gets built. Keep in mind the schools suck and that many people have plenty of options in Union County, or even Fort Mill. Perhaps not 1 acre lots, but there are a gazillions of vacant lots on the ground in Union County where access and proximity to Charlotte is better and the school are better.

Old 02-03-2009, 12:31 PM

1 posts, read 10,305 times
How do you know so much on this property? It doesn't show you where it is online, just the office location.

Old 02-04-2009, 08:07 AM

236 posts, read 695,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getitstraight View Post
How do you know so much on this property? It doesn't show you where it is online, just the office location.
There's a reason why they dont show the location...because its so far away (which I recognize that some people like)...I just did some googling and found the rezoning docs etc which included the location. To be fair I have not found time to go there I just know that its so damn far away. It's on my list of things to do when I care enough to waste a Saturday driving that far south

Old 03-17-2009, 10:30 AM

1 posts, read 10,032 times
The Riverchase development in my opinion would be a great investment. It is on one of the most beautiful tracts on the Catawba River and is only 4 miles from US 21 and 9 miles from I-77 and Rock Hill...With all the development in Indian Land in northern Lancaster County, it will only be a 10-12 mile drive to shopping once all the big box stores finish construction there. It is only 10 miles to the City of Lancaster which has a very quaint and vibrant downtown, the University of South Carolina Lancaster, performing arts, etc. If you're looking to be near downtown Charlotte, probably not your place to be, but if you want large tracts, great amenities and still be "close enough" to enjoy Charlotte, this would be a good investment. Ballantyne area of charlotte is only 15 miles away and the growth in Indian Land over the next few years will only bring more upscale and big box retail. LGI is the developer and they have done projects in NC and Texas that are very impressive. Although Fort Mill schools are great, Lancaster County has greatly improved its school district, and I would argue Lancaster County schools are better than Mecklenburg County and Charlotte. Plus, to live in such a development on the Catawba with the advertised amenities can't be found anywhere in Charlotte for that price.

Old 04-08-2009, 08:59 PM

35 posts, read 152,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen Tunnell View Post
The Riverchase development in my opinion would be a great investment. It is on one of the most beautiful tracts on the Catawba River and is only 4 miles from US 21 and 9 miles from I-77 and Rock Hill...With all the development in Indian Land in northern Lancaster County, it will only be a 10-12 mile drive to shopping once all the big box stores finish construction there. It is only 10 miles to the City of Lancaster which has a very quaint and vibrant downtown, the University of South Carolina Lancaster, performing arts, etc. If you're looking to be near downtown Charlotte, probably not your place to be, but if you want large tracts, great amenities and still be "close enough" to enjoy Charlotte, this would be a good investment. Ballantyne area of charlotte is only 15 miles away and the growth in Indian Land over the next few years will only bring more upscale and big box retail. LGI is the developer and they have done projects in NC and Texas that are very impressive. Although Fort Mill schools are great, Lancaster County has greatly improved its school district, and I would argue Lancaster County schools are better than Mecklenburg County and Charlotte. Plus, to live in such a development on the Catawba with the advertised amenities can't be found anywhere in Charlotte for that price.

I think nothing will ever be built. I fear the developers will walk away and leave the lot owners with nothing but a paper "guarantee". They have been advertising for some time but nothing built. Or have I missed it. The sales people are high pressure type. I thought about building there. But they stress investment and. Finally we decided not to. I suggest you look at closely before buying.

Old 04-08-2009, 09:25 PM

18 posts, read 51,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechelle1 View Post
We checked it out this past saturday. It is 15 minutes from 77, exit 77 and at least 25 minutes from Ballantyne. They have a list of builders, local, custom type builders. I remember O'Connell being one of them. There is not much out there now but seems like there will be a lot of developement in the future. The neighborhood itself seems like it will be really nice.
I have not been out there myself yet but I have seen them advertising everywhere and I have checked out the website. What exactly is there right now? Are any roads, utilities in? Any homes being built there yet? The website only shows renderings and no actual photos.

I am weary of any new development selling that has none of the amenities in place right now or no building is going on. Some neighborhoods are already being foreclosed on and are leaving current homeowners wondering what is going to happen to their neighborhood and property values.

Old 04-09-2009, 06:55 PM

116 posts, read 550,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerinSC View Post
I have not been out there myself yet but I have seen them advertising everywhere and I have checked out the website. What exactly is there right now? Are any roads, utilities in? Any homes being built there yet? The website only shows renderings and no actual photos.

I am weary of any new development selling that has none of the amenities in place right now or no building is going on. Some neighborhoods are already being foreclosed on and are leaving current homeowners wondering what is going to happen to their neighborhood and property values.
My wife and I tried to go see the property. We called and they won't even tell you where the tract is. The said come to sales center on 521 and we'll show you land survey but can't take you to property because of insurance issues (no roads built so must go off road). Anyway almost a year after they have started advertising on the back of almost every local newspaper and on the the radio as well there isn't as much a road built. I told them to keep it.

Old 04-10-2009, 05:39 AM

595 posts, read 1,622,491 times
There are plenty of developments already with roads and no houses. At least with those you could get to your lot. I wouldn't want to get stuck with a lot of land without a road to it...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties