Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2008, 11:47 AM

1 posts, read 4,851 times

Advertisements

Hi! My husband, myself, and our three boys (4, 3, and 13 mo.) just moved to Rock Hill 2 weeks ago. I am trying to find doctors for all of us. I saw the thread for doctors near sun city/fort mill, but can you give me your recommendations for pediatricians, family practice, ob/gyn, etc... I would really appreciate it. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2008, 07:46 AM

149 posts, read 582,016 times
Dr. Sick at Shiland Family Medicine is really good he has the best name for being a doctor. Dr. B Sick! Not joking, really! Shiland is on Celenese next to Burger King, in front of Omni fitness.

Old 08-28-2008, 02:05 PM

285 posts, read 1,021,132 times
We also use Shiland Family Medicine. As far as I know they are the only practice in Rock Hill associated with the CMC Hospitals instead of Piedmont. But doublecheck that.

Dr Truesdale is our main doctor, but she is moving to Fort Mill in December, which is good for us but might not work for you. We really like Dr Sick too. He's more "formal" than Dr Truesdale, but seemed very competent. All of the doctors are family practice, but I take my child there too.

I have not liked the dermatologist or rheumatologist that I saw in Rock Hill so I won't name names. The allergist had a superiority complex. Oh boy.

Also, if you will be looking for a pediatric dentist, we just went to Laxer, Long and Savage around Ballantyne. A little bit of a drive (less than 30 minutes at rush hour), but my 4 year old came out of there dancing a *** and with a smile on her face. We saw Dr Judy Laxer.

Old 07-26-2010, 03:06 PM

174 posts, read 502,769 times
I've been seeing Dr. Jackson at Shiland Med for about 15 years and have always been happy with him.

Great dentist next door too, Dr. Klopenstine at Shiland Dentistry!

Old 07-28-2010, 11:42 AM

348 posts, read 1,361,552 times
OBGYN...Dr, Barbara Rowland in Rock Hill....LOVE HER!!!!

Old 08-23-2010, 10:13 PM

123 posts, read 181,803 times
Carolina Medical Consultants! We too are new, picked them from the website and it turned out great!

Old 08-24-2010, 05:15 AM

299 posts, read 1,072,957 times
Rock Hill Pediatrics on Ebenezer Rd. The office is small, nothing flashy... but they have been good for us. My son fell early one morning and needed stitches and they got him in immediately. Literally, "how soon can you be here?" They were terrific.

Dr. Edwards is my son's Pediatrician there. I hate when Drs make you feel like they are in a rush to get to the next patient. Dr. Edwards was not like that at all. She was very patient and took a LOT of time talking with us and making sure she got to know my son.

Old 09-10-2010, 05:56 PM

127 posts, read 432,185 times
we second r.h. pediatrics they are great, all they need is a ramp in front for strollers and they would be perfect, they do have a ramp in back just as an fyi

Old 09-11-2010, 11:03 AM

149 posts, read 582,016 times
Another vote for Dr. Sick at Shiland! He is great! We take my son to Palmetto Pediatrics which is located right around the corner from Shiland!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties