Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2008, 02:28 PM

225 posts, read 717,410 times

Advertisements

You made that up, What is the road or street that Labatt place you mentioned.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2008, 02:30 PM

Go to a tavern or bar not Dunn Tire Park for a beef!

Old 08-28-2008, 11:11 AM

14 posts, read 33,967 times
I've never had Beef on Weck till I moved down here (odd, eh?). Anyways the one served at the Fort Mill Town Tavern is very good, as is the one at the original Tavern on The Tracks in Charlotte.

Old 08-28-2008, 07:44 PM

Take a ride over to the Township Grill for the closest Buffalo beef on weck. The Town Tavern beef is a joke

Old 08-29-2008, 12:35 PM

151 posts, read 572,072 times
bmd51 Not necessary to make it up, it's a tavern at the Buffalo airport. They have signs all over the place about the famous "Weck". The beef was fine, the bun was a salt encrusted wet sponge. First impressions last a lifetime, so not likely to give that particular item another try.

Old 08-29-2008, 06:13 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,931,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SatTerra View Post
bmd51 Not necessary to make it up, it's a tavern at the Buffalo airport. They have signs all over the place about the famous "Weck". The beef was fine, the bun was a salt encrusted wet sponge. First impressions last a lifetime, so not likely to give that particular item another try.
Oh, but done right, it is soooo good! Airport food is always awful anyway. Try it at a real resataurant.

Old 08-29-2008, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SatTerra View Post
Now I know where your talking. Right at the corner near all the security.

Old 08-31-2008, 06:51 AM

151 posts, read 572,072 times
I'll try one more time, you ladies have convinced me, but it better be good!

Old 09-23-2009, 06:46 PM

5 posts, read 8,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmd51 View Post
Take a ride over to the Township Grill for the closest Buffalo beef on weck. The Town Tavern beef is a joke
And township grill's fish fry and wings are a joke compared to Towne. That fish I had at township was awful (I don't think it was even haddock); showmar's is better.

I haven't been to the Red Lion in Ayrsley since the new owners took over, but I did notice online they have beef on weck on the menu.

FWIW, Towne Tavern and Tavern on the Tracks both have really good wings. They are big, fried, and they use Frank's sauce. Even my friends and relatives that visit from WNY say they taste the same (and sometimes better) than the ones in WNY. Taste of Buffalo pizzeria in H'ville has pretty good wings too; they even have the char b q ones.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties