Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2008, 10:21 AM
MOC MOC started this thread

57 posts, read 190,864 times

Advertisements

After reading all the complaints about Comporium we are thinking about going with a satellite tv company. Can anyone recommend one? Also, do we have to have basic cable with Comporium first if we get a dish? Can we get Internet service with the satellite company? How about telephone service, who provides land lines in Ft. Mill? Thanks for any answers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2008, 10:25 AM

850 posts, read 2,650,054 times
Direct TV or Dish Network... Internet will come from Comporium. And the land lines are Comporium... No choices unless you go with Vonage or a cell phone company...

Old 10-07-2008, 05:38 PM

21 posts, read 49,005 times
I live in Lake Wylie and I have Bell South for my basic land line and DSL. I also have Comporium for my digital cable that hasn't worked since Thursday... yeah. Stick with the Dish.

Old 10-07-2008, 06:23 PM

37 posts, read 131,264 times
Default cable and tv

Hi,

we moved down to fort mill back in june. we initially had comporium for cable, phone and internet. we were not happy with the phone service as we had numerous dropped calls and other issues, so we switched to vonage which has been great. as far as the cable, it has limited hdtv services and didn't have all the channels we wanted, so we switched to directv which has also been great. the comporium internet service is actually very good and we have not had any problems to date.

Old 10-08-2008, 07:17 AM

161 posts, read 528,986 times
Never had a minute's problem with my Comporium phone service (landline or cell), internet, or cable service. Comporium is in the process of upgrading their HD service to 30 channels. Also, cable is going all digital--it is being phased in by neighborhood. All services are rolled up in ONE bill, and you get $5.00 off for each service you subscribe to--a big savings. It is nice to be able to talk to a local service person if you need to, even in person if you wish. You can keep your big multi-national corperations. I'll support a local company employing hundreds of local people.

Old 10-08-2008, 09:32 AM

3,631 posts, read 14,549,285 times
I have had very few problems and when I have they have been quick to respond. I have had Comporium since 1993 [well back then it was Palmetto] - I have high speed internet, cable, land-line, and cellular. Never a billing problem either.

Old 10-09-2008, 04:36 AM

No problems with Comporium... Have had cable and internet for 2+ years. Only thing that I wish for is more HD programming...

Old 10-09-2008, 04:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moedog2 View Post
Never had a minute's problem with my Comporium phone service (landline or cell), internet, or cable service. Comporium is in the process of upgrading their HD service to 30 channels. Also, cable is going all digital--it is being phased in by neighborhood. All services are rolled up in ONE bill, and you get $5.00 off for each service you subscribe to--a big savings. It is nice to be able to talk to a local service person if you need to, even in person if you wish. You can keep your big multi-national corperations. I'll support a local company employing hundreds of local people.
Do U know when we will have more HD? This is great news!!!

Old 10-09-2008, 01:24 PM

161 posts, read 528,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marndt View Post
Do U know when we will have more HD? This is great news!!!
Some areas already have the additional HD channels. Comporium is converting to an all digital system (all channels in digital, like the digital tier--channels above 100-- is now. This will also result in additional channels in the basic plus and digital basic tiers. The changeover is being done neighborhood by neigborhood and started Oct 16.

Old 10-10-2008, 07:29 AM

5,294 posts, read 5,235,996 times
Comporium is awful cable, I went w/ DirecTV, it's cheaper for what you get station wise, I get NFL Sunday Ticket, as well as Mega March Madness and several other sports packages that Comporium doesn't offer, plus, compared w/ a paltry 10 HD stations or so that Comporium offers, DirecTV offers over 100 HD channels. I do have Comporium for my cable internet, and my phone service. Phone service is fine, internet service is alright, it goes out every now and then, but, not any worse than Time Warner's Roadrunner did for me when I was in Ohio. I would not recommend Comporium for cable service though, b/c it sucks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties