Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2008, 02:49 PM

4 posts, read 9,310 times

Advertisements

I hope someone can help me...my wife and I moved from California to Charlotte. We rented a cute house in a cute neighborhood. It wasn't until we had signed the lease and traveled across country that we figured out we were surrounded by not such a nice area to live in. My job is relocating to Fort Mill area in December '08, and I would like to find a rental house that allows pets, has a fenced back yard, rent less than $1100 per month. I've tried searching online, but haven't had much luck. Thanks for any help you can give!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2008, 03:58 PM

3,631 posts, read 14,551,923 times
The pet thing may be REALLY hard to find.....[we have rented with dogs in the past in Fort Mill and had to put them outside in dog pens...that was the only way we could get a place]

Old 09-15-2008, 07:58 PM

225 posts, read 716,096 times
Your should turn around and go back. We moved here from San Diego. The weather is too hot and humid for us.

Old 09-15-2008, 08:28 PM

There was a home for rent in the Waterstone Subdivision that may still be available for rent. If interested please let me know and I can check on it. Three bedroom, two bath. Close to the 77. Community has a pool, etc.

Old 09-16-2008, 06:35 AM

Default Thanks for the help

You're right about the weather, but it's been three years now, and the California real estate market is even worse than here. I'd love to know if the house you mentioned is still available. Thanks for any help y'all can give.

Old 09-16-2008, 09:28 AM

24 posts, read 78,246 times
Have you checked craigslist for rentals? We post all of our rentals there. Most of the time if you have pets a lot of places will charge a non-refundable pet fee.

Old 09-16-2008, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesperateJeff View Post
You're right about the weather, but it's been three years now, and the California real estate market is even worse than here. I'd love to know if the house you mentioned is still available. Thanks for any help y'all can give.
I sent you a private message. The house is available for lease or sale.

Old 09-17-2008, 06:33 AM

Default Craigslist

Hi Beth. Thanks for the input. The last few times we've tried craigslist, we got in the middle of scams...supposed landlords that were recently transferred to Nigeria and would be happy to lease us their house if we would just supply them with our social security numbers, bank account and routing numbers, and of course, fedex them the deposit and first month's rent (preferably in cash). I pretty much lost faith in craigslist after that. But thanks, and if you have any other suggestions, I'd love to hear 'em!!

Old 09-26-2008, 01:35 PM

139 posts, read 360,108 times
I live in Waterstone and it's a great place to live...hope you find something! I would find a Realtor to help you; in this slower market Realtors have more time to help a tenant find a home to rent - and when you're ready to buy you will already know someone!

As long as you're willing to put down a pet deposit you should be fine; just be sure to distinguish between pet deposits (refundable) and pet FEES (non-refundable). It's a shame that some want to take advantage of you just because you're a pet-owner, but it does happen.

Old 09-26-2008, 06:29 PM

20 posts, read 76,134 times
Glad to hear such positive things about Waterstone. We're moving there from a townhouse in about a week. We found it and decided to rent it based on them accepting pets with a nonrefundable pet deposit, the pool and the number of kids and playsets in the development. We have a 5 year old daughter who will continue to go to FMES until next year. If anyone here lives there and has kids of a like age, please feel free to PM me. We're anxious to find some good people and kids to spend time with. Townhouse living with a little one has been horrible for us. Not to mention the psycho landlord.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties