Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2008, 11:27 AM

10 posts, read 23,701 times

Advertisements

Hello all!!
I'm hoping to move to the Rock Hill/Ft. Mill area in 2011 when I graduate nursing school... Does anyone the current status of the hospital thats supposed to built in Ft. Mill

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2008, 12:41 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,990,429 times
Someday ... maybe ... perhaps ... At one time it was still tied up in appeals.

Four companies submitted proposals for a new York County hospital based in Fort Mill. In 2006 DHEC chose Piedmont Medical Center for the Fort Mill hospital, but Carolinas Healthcare Systems and Presbyterian Hospital appealed the decision. The appeal was scheduled to be heard by the S.C. Administrative Law Court this summer. But it still doesn't look like construction has started.

Carolinas Healthcare has a new facility under construction on Gold Hill Rd near I-77. It would house doctor's offices and plus an urgent care center. DHEC approved the doctor's offices but has not approved the urgent care center for this new location.

So in answer to your question ... no telling when we will see a new hospital in Fort Mill.

Old 10-07-2008, 05:27 AM

10 posts, read 23,701 times
Thanks alot

Old 10-07-2008, 12:54 PM

3,631 posts, read 14,575,167 times
There has been some public outcry against Piedmont. Many people have had bad experiences with the hospital [I would not send a dog there after my experiences] and do not *want* them and will still direct ambulances to take them to CMC Pineville.

Old 10-08-2008, 07:19 AM

161 posts, read 530,366 times
Carolinas Medical Center had tied the issue of up in the courts, so it's anyone's guess...

Old 10-08-2008, 05:41 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,990,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moedog2 View Post
Carolinas Medical Center had tied the issue of up in the courts, so it's anyone's guess...
A few weeks ago Piedmont Medical brought a lawsuit against Carolinas Medical Center's new Gold Hill Rd construction site ... all construction was stopped for a few days until the matter was settled. CMC did not have approval from DHEC for the 24 hour urgent care and was advertising the Gold Hill facility as opening soon with OB/GYN, Pediatrics, Family Practice and 24 hour Urgent Care. The complaint was ... there is an Urgent Care in or near Baxter and when and if ever the Piedmont facility is completed there will be urgent (emergency room) care there.

It's not about medicine anymore .... just all big business and big $$$$$$$.

Old 10-13-2008, 10:13 AM

4,272 posts, read 6,319,973 times
The center at Baxter is a joke. They are there merely to put in their hours and go home. Last year I took my son there and did not know they closed at 8 p.m. I parked my car in the lot just before 8 p.m. and as I got out of my car - with my poor screaming son howling in pain - a doctor came out and said, "We're closed," got in his car and drove away while I stood there in shock.

So much for the Hippocratic oath.

I swore on the spot we'd never go there again. When we need urgent care, we drive to the one on Celanese Road in Rock Hill just near I-77. We've ALWAYS had success with them (and it helps that they are open 24 hours). Having said that, I can't WAIT for the place on Gold Hill to open...

Old 11-08-2008, 08:46 AM

23 posts, read 76,466 times
Truely with the council planning a whole development around the Piedmont Hospital that will remove all of the wonderful peach trees there, the quality of care that Tenet hospitals offer patients and the increase in traffic, I hope tha hospital is never built. At least there...I don't like the thought of what driving into Ft Mill would look like with a 3-4 story monstrosity there. <sigh>
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties