Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2007, 06:36 AM

100 posts, read 373,893 times

Advertisements

I have a quick, but seemly dumb question. We moved to Fort Mill, Baxter Village about 2 weeks ago. My question is this:

Obviously the local TV stations are from Charlotte. Come fall, does the CBS channel show SEC football games?

We are big SEC fans and it just hit me that we are in ACC county. Back in GA and Al, the CBS affliates showed SEC games of the week. Is that the case here with Charlotte TV stations?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2007, 01:32 PM

46 posts, read 209,234 times
Do you have Comporium? I'm assuming you do.

I have 2 CBS channels - one for Charlotte and one for Columbia, SC (Channel 7). I find that the Charlotte channel shows more ACC games and the SC channel shows more SEC games - since USC is in the SEC.

Hope that helps!

Old 02-13-2007, 03:53 PM

1 posts, read 3,654 times
My family and I are thinking about relocating to the Rock Hill, Fort Mill, Clover, Lancaster Area. However, we are not limited to this area. My husband is thinking of taking a postion in Charlotte. We have four school age children ranging from 16-8. Can anyone tell me what areas to stay away from? I must buy a four bedroom in the 150,000 to 200,000 range.

Old 02-13-2007, 06:07 PM

2,356 posts, read 3,478,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpcarolina View Post
I have a quick, but seemly dumb question. We moved to Fort Mill, Baxter Village about 2 weeks ago. My question is this:

Obviously the local TV stations are from Charlotte. Come fall, does the CBS channel show SEC football games?

We are big SEC fans and it just hit me that we are in ACC county. Back in GA and Al, the CBS affliates showed SEC games of the week. Is that the case here with Charlotte TV stations?

Thanks
I live in Greensboro, NC, and CBS shows SEC football games every Saturday. I'm sure they do in Charlotte, too. I really miss Jefferson-Pilot SEC games, though - Or Lincoln Financial, whatever they call it now. They show nothing but ACC football, and it's awful.

Charlotte isn't exclusively ACC territory, though. There are lots of South Carolina, UGA and Tennessee grads there.

Old 02-14-2007, 07:10 AM

100 posts, read 373,893 times
Great. I have Direct TV and the locals are from Charlotte.

We will miss the JP games as well.

Old 02-14-2007, 07:31 AM

2,536 posts, read 9,214,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neednewhouse View Post
Do you have Comporium? I'm assuming you do.

I have 2 CBS channels - one for Charlotte and one for Columbia, SC (Channel 7). I find that the Charlotte channel shows more ACC games and the SC channel shows more SEC games - since USC is in the SEC.

Hope that helps!
Wow-I found your posting funny...only because I too have Comporium here in Tega Cay and yet my second CBS channel (Channel 7) is not Columbia...but the Greenville area...go figure?

Old 02-14-2007, 07:32 AM

2,536 posts, read 9,214,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpcarolina View Post
Great. I have Direct TV and the locals are from Charlotte.

We will miss the JP games as well.
Hey there Sharpcarolina....how are you liking your new area?

Old 02-14-2007, 04:22 PM

2,356 posts, read 3,478,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethecarolinas View Post
Wow-I found your posting funny...only because I too have Comporium here in Tega Cay and yet my second CBS channel (Channel 7) is not Columbia...but the Greenville area...go figure?
you are correct. The CBS station in Columbia is WLTX Channel 19. Channel 7 CBS is in Spartanburg.

Old 02-14-2007, 08:05 PM

46 posts, read 209,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous View Post
you are correct. The CBS station in Columbia is WLTX Channel 19. Channel 7 CBS is in Spartanburg.

Oh, maybe mine is GSP? I just always assumed it was Columbia, but I never watch it because I watch the Charlotte channels for weather, etc. It very well could be Greenvile. Channel 7 is the one I'm talking about.

Old 02-14-2007, 09:00 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,748,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous View Post
I live in Greensboro, NC, and CBS shows SEC football games every Saturday. I'm sure they do in Charlotte, too. I really miss Jefferson-Pilot SEC games, though - Or Lincoln Financial, whatever they call it now. They show nothing but ACC football, and it's awful.

Charlotte isn't exclusively ACC territory, though. There are lots of South Carolina, UGA and Tennessee grads there.

PLENTY of SEC fans here! Come up to Charlotte if you are an LSU fan or Georgia bulldog fan. Both alumni groups meet at Dilworth Grille near uptown Charlotte where they show all the games!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties