Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2009, 11:36 AM

19 posts, read 40,782 times

Advertisements

I've been to this website; City of Tega Cay

And Tega Cay looks like a nice place to live. What is it like? Is it Lake Front? What are home prices like? What is the commute time to Uptown CLT?

Thanks all, Great Forum!!
Al

p.s. I hope I'm not offending anyone posting this in the NC forum, but I see many folks live in SC and commute to NC. I get confused which forum to post these questions! LOL

Last edited by algiorda; 05-17-2009 at 11:44 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2009, 12:13 PM

1,435 posts, read 5,771,054 times
Many homes are waterfront in Tega Cay. However, the lots are typically very steep and require a significant amount of landscaping/grading to gain reasonable access to the water and/or dock.

Prices range from cheap, as-is, in need of repair homes around $150K to right under/over a million typically.

Commute times to uptown Charlotte are anywhere from 30-45 minutes depending on what time of the day you leave.

Old 05-17-2009, 01:11 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,865,803 times
I loved Tega Cay when I drove around last year. There's a trail around the golf course and I saw many people walking on it. The interior lots aren't as steep as the waterfront ones. The city does have a restriciton on fences - 5' or less and no privacy fencing. You can't cut a tree over a certain diameter - maybe 4 inches? - without a city permit.

Last edited by SouthernBelleInUtah; 05-17-2009 at 01:12 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 10-01-2009, 11:08 PM

1 posts, read 8,040 times
There's a variety, especially in the older sections. Big & small homes. Lakeside, golf course side, interior. Most of the new developments are relatively homogenous, as far as the house designs, but the lots are diverse as well (Golf course, lake, etc.) We moved here 2 years ago and love it.

Old 10-02-2009, 07:33 AM

2,353 posts, read 4,657,455 times
A friend has lived there quite a few years, and loves her house, but says the city as a whole is quite conservative. She was surrounded by McCain signs/supporters on her street - hers was the only house with an Obama sign. She has been shunned by neighbors for her views, which are really quite middle of the road. (She's not loud and in-your-face, either! She's a wonderful person who accepted them completely, but once they heard she didn't go to church and saw the Obama sign....)

Old 10-02-2009, 07:49 AM

1,141 posts, read 3,547,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlottean View Post
Many homes are waterfront in Tega Cay. However, the lots are typically very steep and require a significant amount of landscaping/grading to gain reasonable access to the water and/or dock.

Prices range from cheap, as-is, in need of repair homes around $150K to right under/over a million typically.

Commute times to uptown Charlotte are anywhere from 30-45 minutes depending on what time of the day you leave.
AND if you have to take Gold Hill Rd to 77 North.
I've been sitting on Gold Hill Rd anywhere from 15 to 25 minutes just to get on the interstate. (7:30 am to 8:00 am) every day. Traffic is backing up almost down to 160.

Old 10-02-2009, 07:53 AM

1,141 posts, read 3,547,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteGal View Post
A friend has lived there quite a few years, and loves her house, but says the city as a whole is quite conservative. She was surrounded by McCain signs/supporters on her street - hers was the only house with an Obama sign. She has been shunned by neighbors for her views, which are really quite middle of the road. (She's not loud and in-your-face, either! She's a wonderful person who accepted them completely, but once they heard she didn't go to church and saw the Obama sign....)
I ran into this a bit as well. However my neighborhood is mostly people from all over so it's not overly conservative. We are not allowed to post political signs in our neighborhood, so don't know if that would have been an issue.

But yeah, I've ran into the "OMG unions are horrible" "democrats are horrible" and on and on. It's ok, everyone has their opinion, and yes one area of the US will be completely different than another...It is something one must abide by, accept and make their own way to be happy, if they choose to live in a different state/area.

Your/her/my/their beliefs are their own, but shouldn't make a difference as to whether to be friendly and or at least polite.

Old 10-02-2009, 12:29 PM

10 posts, read 49,768 times
Go to: tegacayunderground.com if you want the real scoop on what is going on in Tega Cay. Not a pretty picture.

Old 01-20-2010, 08:53 PM

4 posts, read 14,984 times
We just moved away from Tega Cay and miss it terribly. Don't listen to people badmouthing it...it's a beautiful place with wonderful people.
The schools are awesome, the streets clean, the grocery store is like a Whole Foods....the Ymca is brand new...it's a great place to live
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties