Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2007, 07:55 PM

425 posts, read 1,572,294 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by emski View Post
Thanks so much for all the help lovethecarolinas! I really appreciate it!

As for price range, we're looking to spend between $200-$250.
I did another search. Depending on what you want in beds and baths White Grove will fit your price range.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2007, 06:36 AM

2,536 posts, read 9,220,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emski View Post
Thanks so much for all the help lovethecarolinas! I really appreciate it!

As for price range, we're looking to spend between $200-$250.
Course there are several good resell subdivisions that have already been mentioned:

Knightsbridge
White Grove
etc.:

But just to add a few more resells subdivisions within your price range:

Palmetto Plantation
Palmetto West
Carowoods (little older homes yet lots are nice size)
Old Orchard (again older homes, yet lots sizes are larger with mature trees)

In Tega Cay we seem to be kind of winding down on new homes...but there are still some new ones being built within Lake Shore (in the Meadowview, Calloway Village), also some new condos as well. Course there will be resells too.

I'll tell ya...as far as someone that's probably seen just about all of them around Fort Mill lately...sixinthefamily would be a pretty good source..

Old 05-01-2007, 09:54 AM

8 posts, read 26,234 times
Default where do the small horse farms exist near Charlotte?

We will be selling our home in Ocala, FL hopefully this summer and would like to find a horsey area in NC or SC outside Charlotte.

Old 05-01-2007, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lillys57 View Post
We will be selling our home in Ocala, FL hopefully this summer and would like to find a horsey area in NC or SC outside Charlotte.
well, the first question I would have for you is...how much land are you looking for and apx. how much do you want to spend. Keep in mind the closer you are to Charlotte...the more money you will have to pony up (sorry couldn't resist )

Old 05-01-2007, 09:22 PM

Default horse areas outside of Charlotte

We would have about $250,000 to spend on a place, would like about 5 acres I guess.

Old 05-02-2007, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lillys57 View Post
We would have about $250,000 to spend on a place, would like about 5 acres I guess.
That is going to be a tough one. To find something with 5 acres within your price range...you are going to have to go out a ways from Charlotte, NC. In SC you might take a look at the outlying (keyword here is the outlying areas) of Clover/York/Rock Hill, or McConnells/Heath Springs. I am not as familiar with Union County (in NC) but there is a poster on the NC side (lisaF) who also was looking for a place to have horses (you might want to send a PM).

Best of luck to you!

Old 05-03-2007, 09:29 PM

9 posts, read 27,115 times
Yeah, Gastonia and Fort Mill are 2 different places.....Let me Moderator cut: Realtor Solicitation

Old 05-30-2007, 08:09 PM

thanks...I'll check those towns out

Last edited by lillys57; 05-30-2007 at 08:11 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 06-01-2007, 10:43 AM

75 posts, read 222,489 times
Hi soundslikefun,
Could you provide more info. on Knightsbridge development? We recently visited Fort Mill area, but didn't see it. Is it anywhere near Baxter Village? Do you like the neighborhood so far? I believe the area is sold out? We are looking for houses around the $300- 350 price range. Thanks! Gayle

Old 06-01-2007, 11:06 AM

174 posts, read 733,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justgayle View Post
Hi soundslikefun,
Could you provide more info. on Knightsbridge development? We recently visited Fort Mill area, but didn't see it. Is it anywhere near Baxter Village? Do you like the neighborhood so far? I believe the area is sold out? We are looking for houses around the $300- 350 price range. Thanks! Gayle

Knightsbridge is off of Gold Hill Road, exit 88 on I77. Baxter is off of exit 85 or 160. Knightsbridge is a nice community that had Ryan Homes as the main builder. I looked at some models there when I was building my home with Ryan. I think they finished the community up about 4 years ago so most of the homes are relatively new.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties