Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2009, 10:56 PM

149 posts, read 581,610 times

Advertisements

Quick history: Last year at this time my husband and I were making a decent amount of money, living in our house, and expecting our first child. Then one terrible week in February, I, 7 months pregnant, was laid off from my job and my husband had to take a huge pay cut. Tried to work with the mortgage company, tried to short sell with no result, couldn't refi because of 2nd mortgage, and could no longer afford the home. So we are facing foreclosure but have moved into an apartment. Since then, we have had our son but the bills have been stacking up. I am starting a serving job on Wed. to help out but our credit has been wrecked. Is there any help out there for us? Does anyone have any advice? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Quick history: Last year at this time my husband and I were making a decent amount of money, living in our house, and expecting our first child. Then one terrible week in February, I, 7 months pregnant, was laid off from my job and my husband had to take a huge pay cut. Tried to work with the mortgage company, tried to short sell with no result, couldn't refi because of 2nd mortgage, and could no longer afford the home. So we are facing foreclosure but have moved into an apartment. Since then, we have had our son but the bills have been stacking up. I am starting a serving job on Wed. to help out but our credit has been wrecked. Is there any help out there for us? Does anyone have any advice? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 08-31-2009 at 08:27 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2009, 06:59 AM

194 posts, read 748,723 times
It is unfortunate you could not work out anything with your lender. If your home has not yet been foreclosed you might contact the lender about a deed in lieu of foreclosure....this would be better than a foreclosure on your credit but it is complicated with a second mortgage so it could be more difficult.
Debt consolidation can also have a negative impact on your credit score. You don't mention credit card debt however, with any debt you should speak with your creditors and see what kind of payment arrangements you can make on your own. Make sure you pay all your bills on time to rebuild your credit.

Old 08-31-2009, 08:08 AM

157 posts, read 381,192 times
Talk to a Bankruptcy attorney. Call and ask which ones do not charge for a consultation.

Old 08-31-2009, 09:48 AM

425 posts, read 1,571,109 times
I am so sorry for your troubles. I can highly recommend going through a non profit debt consoldation service. while not free it is like $25 - $40 you can meet in person or over the phone. They help you decide what to do. Is Bankrupsy right for you, is there a payment plan they can set up etc.. We really found most of the help we needed from their web site and talking to a local person affiliated with them. We got the name of the agency from the book finance for dummies and I cross checked it with other financial and govement sites. Their web site is National Foundation for Credit Counseling you can enter your zip and find an office near you. Good luck !

Old 08-31-2009, 11:31 AM

149 posts, read 581,610 times
Thank you all for you help! We appreciate it!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties