Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2007, 06:43 PM

12 posts, read 69,324 times

Advertisements

Hey all!

I'm a recent college grad and have taken a teaching position in Fort Mill. I am moving in late July/early August and was wondering if anyone could tell me about any places in Fort Mill or Charlotte where people my age (22) tend to hang out. I don't really do the club scene, but do enjoy smaller bars and restaurants. I also really enjoy the arts and anything outdoorsy. I know Fort Mill is fairly family oriented but it would be nice to not have to drive to Charlotte anytime I'd like to hang out with single people my own age. Also, any tips for my first year as a resident of Fort Mill would be welcome! Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2007, 01:37 PM

174 posts, read 732,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by akh07 View Post
Hey all!

I'm a recent college grad and have taken a teaching position in Fort Mill. I am moving in late July/early August and was wondering if anyone could tell me about any places in Fort Mill or Charlotte where people my age (22) tend to hang out. I don't really do the club scene, but do enjoy smaller bars and restaurants. I also really enjoy the arts and anything outdoorsy. I know Fort Mill is fairly family oriented but it would be nice to not have to drive to Charlotte anytime I'd like to hang out with single people my own age. Also, any tips for my first year as a resident of Fort Mill would be welcome! Thanks
You would definately like McCale's bar in downtown Rock Hill on main street. It is a really cool irish bar with a college feel to it. I'm 39 and I love going there, but it definately is a college age crowd. Baxter has some small nicer pubs also, that is right out 160 from Fort Mill.

Old 05-21-2007, 02:52 PM

4,729 posts, read 19,430,380 times
Where are you moving from? Towne Tavern at Fort Mill on HWY 160 is excellent. Locally-owned, homemade food, good beer specials, and now smoke-free except for the patio. I am currently staying in Rock Hill area but will be moving to Ft. Mill in the next couple of weeks. I lived in SW Charlotte near the NC/SC state line for about 6 years. I have also heard that Beef O'Brady's is good.

Last edited by groove1; 05-21-2007 at 04:12 PM..

Old 05-21-2007, 03:10 PM

12 posts, read 69,324 times
I'm moving from Charleston, I just graduated from College of Charleston and will be taking a teaching job in Fort Mill. Thanks for all the suggestions so far, I'll definitely check them out once I move!

Old 05-21-2007, 04:13 PM

4,729 posts, read 19,430,380 times
Welcome to the area. You will love the Ft. Mill area especially.

Old 05-21-2007, 04:46 PM

2,536 posts, read 9,214,131 times
An early welcome to the area akh07 and congrats on your recent graduation and new job!

There is alot of outdoor activities around...just a few suggestions: Anne Springs Close Greenway...where you can hike, fish, biking, horseback riding, (or) there is the lake (Lake Wylie) where you can fish, go boating, etc....then we also have plenty of sports activities too...like golfing (or in Tega Cay we have Flag Football, Baseball, or Kickball)...

I am neither 22 (oh..so long ago ), nor single...yet as Luke has pointed out (it is actually called) "McHales" (they have 2 locations, one in Fort Mill, the other in Rock Hill), there is also Hoopers Sports Bar, and again as others have mentioned there a some places in Baxter Village and Towne Tavern. Just keep in mind...wherever you go in Fort Mill, SC....good chance you are going to run into either (A) some of your students (B) or some of our students parents, or (C) all the above

Make sure you send away for the Newcomers Guide (it has alot of great information in here for you)

http://www.fortmilltimes.com/staticContent/features/focus/ (broken link)

Old 05-22-2007, 09:52 AM

192 posts, read 687,518 times
"Love", is there anyplace you haven't been around Ft Mill???

Old 05-23-2007, 08:57 AM

2,536 posts, read 9,214,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baggleflap View Post
"Love", is there anyplace you haven't been around Ft Mill???
oh there might be one or two places I've missed...like the little dive bar that sits down the road on Banks (it's the one that looks like it use to be a house, left hand side, and the name has something to do with horses..), or/also the Paint Ball place behind McHale's off Gold Hill Rd. Hmmm...just had a thought...now that schools just about over maybe we can round the kids up and go over and have a brew or two...and play a round of paintball? (game????? )
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties