The Mount Princeton Hot Springs Resort can be found at 15870 County Road 162 in Nathrop, Colorado. The facility offers a wide range of activities including spa treatments, outdoor recreation opportunities or just soaking in Colorado hot springs. There is lodging and gourmet meals available at the hot springs.
There are a number of options for lodging at the resort although guests should be aware that there is no air conditioning in any of the cabins or rooms at the resort. There are views of the pool or the Cliffside depending on your preference. Rooms come with exposed wooden beams and two queen sized beds. The Cliffside rooms have back porches and are close to the conference center. There is even an additional pullout bed if guests need it.
The poolside rooms at the Mount Princeton Hot Springs Resort offer a view of the mountain surrounding the area. The rooms are close to the pool which is equipped with a water slide. The historic spa area is easy to access from the lodge which has a number of natural creek pools and two small Olympic pools. The restaurant at the facility is closest to these rooms which can be configured a variety of ways for sleeping.
The cabins at Mount Princeton are secluded and can fit up a maximum of eight people comfortably. The cabins have kitchenettes in them or guests can go the restaurant for their meals. The main lodge at the resort is near the cabins as well. There are a number of amenities in the cabins at Mount Princeton Hot Springs Resort.
There are new log cabins that are just a short distance away from the main lodge with a king sized bed and sleeping loft. The sleeping loft includes two queen sized beds and there is a gas fireplace as well. These cabins have a furnished kitchenette as well.
The present site of the Mount Princeton Hot Springs Resort is close to the site where a freight depot, hotel and way station were built in 1860. There structures were built to serve freight passengers going to Aspen and Ashcroft mines as well as to Gunnison Country. It took a total of four years to get a three story hotel constructed for the Mary Murphy Mine which never had any paying customers.
Carlsbad Hot Springs Corporation purchased the hotel in 1913 and still never having had a paying guest the facility was sold again during 1915. There was a fourth floor and towers that went over one hundred feet into the sky added onto the hotel and it began to receive guests. The prosperity of the hotel ended after the mine closed during 1924 and the railroad tracks were taken up during 1926. The hotel was dismantled by John Crowe during 1950.
Dennis Osborn built a new pool in addition to a recreational building and twenty room hotel on the property during 1960. The dining room and lower lodge were built during 1965 and the facility continues to give guests an amazing experience.