Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2011, 05:34 PM

3,977 posts, read 6,784,942 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Take your hateful blindfolds off, and wake up to the fact that the Left's Golden Child, Islam, hates gays with a passion that would make a Christian fundamentalist blush. It's no wonder when I did a google search and came across a LGBT website that was complaining that western European governments were NOT addressing "gay bashing" that is on the rise. Why? Because each government has included, that the gays were not victims, the Muslims were. The Muslims were attacking gays because they are not being integrated Why the double standard? Why call us Christians bigoted and hateful when we legislate against homosexuality, but if Muslims legislate against homosexuality, if imams condemn homosexuality in public and says the right thing to do is to put him or her to death, if young Muslims in Europe brazenly attack gays in Amsterdam because they are gay, we are supposed to keep hush hush about it and brush it under the rug? And then, we have to write it off and say these Muslims are just misunderstood?

It's hilarious, you and most other leftists, seem to forget that Nigeria is divided in 2, religiously speaking. Muslim north, Christian south. Christian south does not execute gays, Muslim north does.

But don't forget that:

Indonesia (Muslim country) has no laws against homossexuality. The national criminal code does not prohibit private, non-commercial homosexual relations between consenting adults.

Source: LGBT rights in Indonesia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Turkey (Muslim country) has no laws against homossexuality. Although Turkey is a country with Muslim majority, Turkey became the first Muslim majority country in which gay pride march is held. On the 21st of September 2011 Minister of Family and Social Policy Fatma Şahin met with an LGBT organization. She said that the government will actively work together with LGBT organizations. She submitted a proposal for the acceptance of LGBT individuals in the new constitution that the parliament plans to draft in the coming year. She asserted that “if freedom and equality is for everybody, then sexual orientation discrimination should be eliminated and rights of these [LGBT] citizens should be recognized.”

Source: LGBT rights in Turkey - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 12-02-2011, 05:42 PM

2,223 posts, read 5,485,537 times
We must immediately stop giving them foreign aid. We don't even have any money for our own people, and they clearly don't deserve it. And I honestly don't care what's gonna happen to them if we do. For all I care, they can just disappear. It's a conservative hellhole I don't want to support.

Old 12-02-2011, 06:01 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,924,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalaMan View Post
But don't forget that:

Indonesia (Muslim country) has no laws against homossexuality. The national criminal code does not prohibit private, non-commercial homosexual relations between consenting adults.

Source: LGBT rights in Indonesia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Turkey (Muslim country) has no laws against homossexuality. Although Turkey is a country with Muslim majority, Turkey became the first Muslim majority country in which gay pride march is held. On the 21st of September 2011 Minister of Family and Social Policy Fatma Şahin met with an LGBT organization. She said that the government will actively work together with LGBT organizations. She submitted a proposal for the acceptance of LGBT individuals in the new constitution that the parliament plans to draft in the coming year. She asserted that “if freedom and equality is for everybody, then sexual orientation discrimination should be eliminated and rights of these [LGBT] citizens should be recognized.”

Source: LGBT rights in Turkey - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Indonesia, I know, is quite possibly the most moderate Islamic country in the world. Turkey, depending on when and what I read, says it's either moderating, or becoming more radicalized. Turkey is tricky, because I've been hearing over the past few years that the radical Islam party is gaining more and more influence in government.

You, also, then have countries like Egypt in which the Muslim Brotherhood is taking over, and one of their "missions" is to establish Sharia Law in Egypt, since that's also what most of the Egyptian population wants. You know what that means, when Sharia Law is implemented, you can be sure the execution of gays will commence. Curious to note, Afghanistan is occupied by the West, and has a government installed by the West, gays are executed in Afghanistan to this day, by law

Old 12-02-2011, 07:36 PM

10,782 posts, read 8,726,945 times
Let's keep to the subject please: gay rights in Africa.

Thank you.

Old 12-03-2011, 01:36 AM

355 posts, read 977,127 times
Quote:
I think you have so much hate towards Christians and Christianity, that you seem to have glossed over the fact that no Christian majority country in Africa, indeed the world, executes gays. Only countries where the majority of the population practices Islam is execution of gays carried out. Hell, in Nigeria, the majority Muslim north executes gays, while the majority Christian south doesn't .

Take your hateful blindfolds off, and wake up to the fact that the Left's Golden Child, Islam, hates gays with a passion that would make a Christian fundamentalist blush. It's no wonder when I did a google search and came across a LGBT website that was complaining that western European governments were NOT addressing "gay bashing" that is on the rise. Why? Because each government has included, that the gays were not victims, the Muslims were. The Muslims were attacking gays because they are not being integrated Why the double standard? Why call us Christians bigoted and hateful when we legislate against homosexuality, but if Muslims legislate against homosexuality, if imams condemn homosexuality in public and says the right thing to do is to put him or her to death, if young Muslims in Europe brazenly attack gays in Amsterdam because they are gay, we are supposed to keep hush hush about it and brush it under the rug? And then, we have to write it off and say these Muslims are just misunderstood?

It's hilarious, you and most other leftists, seem to forget that Nigeria is divided in 2, religiously speaking. Muslim north, Christian south. Christian south does not execute gays, Muslim north does.
True. The Christian south of Nigeria doesn't execute gays, they "merely" imprison them for lengthy sentences... So much more enlightened...

Old 12-03-2011, 02:49 AM

3 posts, read 21,185 times
All of the documentaries I've seen about gays in Africa, it was the Christians in Africa that hated the gays with a burning passion. I think Uganda wants the death penalty for gays. Uganda is 99% Christian 1% Muslim.

People need to stop worrying about the imaginary threat of “Sharia Law” and focus on the very real nightmare. Very real nightmare is Dominionism.

Old 12-03-2011, 04:22 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,770,017 times
Quote:
I think you have so much hate towards Christians and Christianity, that you seem to have glossed over the fact that no Christian majority country in Africa, indeed the world, executes gays. Only countries where the majority of the population practices Islam is execution of gays carried out. Hell, in Nigeria, the majority Muslim north executes gays, while the majority Christian south doesn't .
How can I have such a hatred of Christianity when I'm a Messianic Jew? What I hate, are religious extremists, of any variety, and the one's I deal with the most as a US citizen are Christian Fundamentalists/Conservatives/Evangelicals. They act nothing like Christ, especially on the gay issue.

And yes, most Christian majority countries only have large prison sentences for gays. Although we know Uganda is trying to pass the death penalty against gays, and it has a higher percentage of Christians than the United States.

Quote:
Take your hateful blindfolds off, and wake up to the fact that the Left's Golden Child, Islam, hates gays with a passion that would make a Christian fundamentalist blush.
The left's golden child? I do not support Islam.
Quote:
Why the double standard? Why call us Christians bigoted and hateful when we legislate against homosexuality, but if Muslims legislate against homosexuality, if imams condemn homosexuality in public and says the right thing to do is to put him or her to death, if young Muslims in Europe brazenly attack gays in Amsterdam because they are gay, we are supposed to keep hush hush about it and brush it under the rug? And then, we have to write it off and say these Muslims are just misunderstood?
Do show me where I EVER said Islam's treatment of gays should be swept under the rug. The only reason I deal with Christian treatment of gays often, is because I live in the United States. I don't think I've ever even met a Muslim here. I oppose the entire continent of Africa's treatment of gays, and it's largely all for the same reason - religious extremism, be it Christian or Muslim. But Muslims I more so expect such behavior from, since it's dominate in the 3rd world and is still going through its religious temper tantrum phase. Christianity went through that already, and is now dominate in the Western enlightened world. And the constant preaching of Jesus' love, compassion, and mercy does not jive with jail sentences and executions for gay people. Christians do not practice what they preach.

Quote:
Right, because 14 years in prison is what Jesus would do with gays.

Old 12-03-2011, 06:25 PM

13,809 posts, read 26,549,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon30 View Post
All of the documentaries I've seen about gays in Africa, it was the Christians in Africa that hated the gays with a burning passion. I think Uganda wants the death penalty for gays. Uganda is 99% Christian 1% Muslim.

People need to stop worrying about the imaginary threat of “Sharia Law”
That the full punishments would come in a nation where Muslims are minority, or that it would become widespread in any form in such places, is imaginary. And some of our understanding of Sharia is flawed.

However the full huddud form of Sharia is not "imaginary" for those who live in Saudi, Sudan, etc. I don't like some of the anti-Muslim talk here but the reality is there are countries at least partly ran by Islamism or strict Sharia. In Mauritania their understanding of Islamic law apparently has made "unnatural acts" a death penalty offense since 1983, not something they just proposed. The hundreds of thousands killed in Sudan really did die. There is no "Dominionist" country.

Documentaries are going to play on "Dominionism" or "Christian extremism" more because it's what documentary film-makers know better from their own world. And because documentary film-makers are usually a bit on the Left, or the ones doing gay issues are, so might be more restrained on dealing with a religion that's "more foreign" or already subject to unfair stereotypes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon30 View Post
and focus on the very real nightmare. Very real nightmare is Dominionism.
If by nightmare we mean "bad dream" than yeah Dominionism is more like a nightmare. If we're talking about what's a bad reality for actual people than it's the huddud punishments form of Sharia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glucorious
We must immediately stop giving them foreign aid. We don't even have any money for our own people, and they clearly don't deserve it. And I honestly don't care what's gonna happen to them if we do. For all I care, they can just disappear. It's a conservative hellhole I don't want to support.
The US gives less in foreign aid, in per-capita terms, than almost any major nation. Granted for some reason people think we just lavish aid on foreigners that we won't for our own and they're stubborn on that position. When I've downright shown people it's not true they might act interested, but a week later they'll talk about how "we don't have money for our own, we shouldn't help others" again. It's like an unemployed guy with a decent house getting irate over his wife giving a dollar a week to a homeless shelter. Sure the couple is having financial problems, but an extra dollar a week is unlikely to make those change much.

And really you think African gays will be better off if more of their neighbors are starving? Also if we said "no more aid until you legalize homosexuality" that could just make them hate gays even more. Or hate us and right now Africa is one of the places that consistently loves the US. (If you're British or whatever some of this is different, but even Britain I don't think is going through austerity because they were lavish with aid.)

Old 12-03-2011, 06:58 PM

2,223 posts, read 5,485,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas R. View Post
The US gives less in foreign aid, in per-capita terms, than almost any major nation. Granted for some reason people think we just lavish aid on foreigners that we won't for our own and they're stubborn on that position. When I've downright shown people it's not true they might act interested, but a week later they'll talk about how "we don't have money for our own, we shouldn't help others" again. It's like an unemployed guy with a decent house getting irate over his wife giving a dollar a week to a homeless shelter. Sure the couple is having financial problems, but an extra dollar a week is unlikely to make those change much.

Ask USPS how much money they need, and then check how much we give them. They do not even deserve it.

And really you think African gays will be better off if more of their neighbors are starving? Also if we said "no more aid until you legalize homosexuality" that could just make them hate gays even more. Or hate us and right now Africa is one of the places that consistently loves the US. (If you're British or whatever some of this is different, but even Britain I don't think is going through austerity because they were lavish with aid.)

If they will be better off? Can't get any worse than this. So, who cares? Let them move to other countries. Wondering how many of them liked slavery. Apparently, it must be hugely popular there. I mean, after all, they don't like to "legalize" things.

Above.

Old 12-04-2011, 06:21 AM

425 posts, read 653,280 times
As much as gays have a right to live as people who dress up as furry animals to get it on, they are after all a small subset of the population.

After I've sorted out my worries about the economy, foreign wars, pandemics, global warming, my children's education, keeping my job, remembering my wife's birthday, and getting a decent contractor to lay the concrete foundation for my workshop, I'll get around to gay rights.

The plight of gays in Africa ranks somewhere below all that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa