Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2014, 10:56 PM

4,660 posts, read 4,126,014 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkc2j View Post
There are hundreds of books that support the origins of Egyptian culture and people as being so called "Black Africans". I would cite some for you but I feel I'd be wasting my time.
What scientific evidence are those books offering?

I am waiting.

What study says that they where a different, blacker people once?

What you mean is that you can't cite anything.

Old 03-06-2014, 11:04 PM

592 posts, read 593,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
What scientific evidence are those books offering?

I am waiting.

What study says that they where a different, blacker people once?

What you mean is that you can't cite anything.
Black Genesis: The Prehistoric Origins of Ancient Egypt by Robert Bauval, Thomas Brophy Ph.D

Black Man on the Nile and His Family: Dr.Yosef Ben-Jochannan

Africa: Mother of Western Civilization: Dr. Yosef Ben-Jochannan

Start with these.

Old 03-06-2014, 11:23 PM

Quote:
We aren't talking about "the people of Africa." We are talking about the fact that African American Afrocentrists are not descended from Egyptians. As a secondary topic, we are talking about the fact that the Egyptians are largely the same people as always they were.

What evidence are you offering to refute this?

Again. I've already posted the works. They are available for you to read. You've already made your point. My argument was that the "original Egyptian peoples and culture were distinctly African". You mentioned Caucasoid features which, makes me believe you have a very limited understanding of Biology.(No, I'm not going type a long post to teach you that Africans have a broad range of features that are not limited to the stereotypical West African phenotypes that you use as evidence against Black Egyptians) You're going to have to do your research.

Old 03-06-2014, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Black Genesis: The Prehistoric Origins of Ancient Egypt by Robert Bauval, Thomas Brophy Ph.D

Black Man on the Nile and His Family: Dr.Yosef Ben-Jochannan

Africa: Mother of Western Civilization: Dr. Yosef Ben-Jochannan

Start with these.
These are advocationists, not scientists. Which of these men presents a scientific study?

Bauval, by the way, is a crank amongst cranks. He is in the Grame Hancock crowd. Citing him will get you laughed out of any classroom in the country.

Old 03-06-2014, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Again. I've already posted the works. They are available for you to read. You've already made your point. My argument was that the "original Egyptian peoples and culture were distinctly African". You mentioned Caucasoid features which, makes me believe you have a very limited understanding of Biology.(No, I'm not going type a long post to teach you that Africans have a broad range of features that are not limited to the stereotypical West African phenotypes that you use as evidence against Black Egyptians) You're going to have to do your research.
"African" doesn't mean anything. It is a continent. The Egyptians were genetically, phenotypically, and culturally very different from west Africans.

After or the *******s from you and the others, the question is the same: why not celebrate your real ancestors instead of people that were not your ancestors and had little to do with you?

Old 03-06-2014, 11:32 PM

You have yet to refute my point about "Eurocentric's" claiming Greco Roman culture. It's ok for most "Eurocentric's" to claim that culture and not ok for West Africans to claim Egyptian culture?(African Americans included) I've provided the sources with evidence that shows links between Sub-Sahara Africa(which includes some elements from Central and West Africa) and Egypt culturally and ethnically as the "foundations" of Egyptian culture.

Last edited by jkc2j; 03-07-2014 at 12:31 AM..

Old 03-06-2014, 11:39 PM

Quote:
"African" doesn't mean anything. It is a continent. The Egyptians were genetically, phenotypically, and culturally very different from west Africans.

After or the *******s from you and the others, the question is the same: why not celebrate your real ancestors instead of people that were not your ancestors and had little to do with you?
Who said we don't celebrate our African culture? I'm convinced that you have absolutely no interactions with people of African descent outside internet forums.

Last edited by jkc2j; 03-07-2014 at 12:26 AM..

Old 03-06-2014, 11:48 PM

8,632 posts, read 13,011,237 times
Quote:
Sub-Saharan Africa does not define/delimit authentic Africanity
Thank you.

Applause Crowd Cheering sound effect - YouTube

Old 03-06-2014, 11:50 PM

Quote:
These are advocationists, not scientists. Which of these men presents a scientific study?

Bauval, by the way, is a crank amongst cranks. He is in the Grame Hancock crowd. Citing him will get you laughed out of any classroom in the country.
Too Afrocentric right? lol. Guess I shouldn't bother mentioning Cheikh Anta Diop or any other African scholar for that matter. You'll just simply dismiss the information.

Old 03-07-2014, 12:22 AM

Quote:

You mean Graham Hancock? At least spell his name correctly lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa