Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2019, 12:50 AM

432 posts, read 285,001 times

Advertisements

I'm looking to visit at least two African countries with toddlers and I would like feedback on what countries you like most in Africa and why?
I would like something close to the beach, African history/ culture, and possibly see some cool animals. Tanzania, Namibia, and Kenya are on my list so far but not sure exactly where just yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2019, 09:13 AM

1,943 posts, read 3,337,664 times
Never visited an African country.
But I would like to visit S. Africa, Rwanda, Nigeria, Kenya, Angola, Ghana and Cape Verde...plus some others I can't think right now.

Old 02-02-2019, 11:30 AM

Same here! My problem is trying to narrow the list down to two countries or one that has things for kids and adults. Too many to choose from South Africa definitely checks off everything on my list. I was also thinking about waiting on the EKO Atlantic project in Nigeria to finish and go then but I'm ready now

Old 02-02-2019, 08:41 PM

5,869 posts, read 4,207,641 times
I've been to almost every country in Africa, and I've only seen the beach in three of them and except dedicated tours to game parks, wild animals in two of them, unless you count monkeys. So beaches are pretty conspicuously shown on maps, and you can find local outfitters anywhere who can put you on some form of a wildlife tour. Except for well-known safaris, don't expect anything more exciting than a squirrel. It's not like N-America where you can see wildlife on any Sunday drive, and toddlers won't see anything except on a very expensive safari.. Wildlife tends to be upland, so I don't know of anywhere you can do beaches and wildlife from the same base.

Old 02-03-2019, 01:16 AM

Thanks cebuan great information. I may split the trip and do a week in two different countries but I'd prefer one flight in and one out of Africa.

Old 02-08-2019, 05:02 PM

9 posts, read 6,204 times
I might be responding in the wrong thread.

I've been to Morocco, Ghana, Cameroon, South Africa and Mozambique. If you're bringing toddlers, you will have to worry about malaria in central countries like Kenya and Ghana. Many are going to Mediterranean spots in Northern African beach towns such as Saidia and Oualidia, Morocco and Sousse, Tunisia. On the opposite end of this enormous continent is the ever popular Cape Town and Durban South Africa. Because its opposite side of the equator, Winter is Jun - Sep.

Old 02-08-2019, 06:36 PM

5,869 posts, read 4,207,641 times
Wherever you're thinking of, someone has been there with a camera-phone and their videoi is on Youtube. Go to Youtube and use the search terms /tanzania street/ or the same using any other country or city. You'll see plenty of walking or driving views.

Old 02-08-2019, 06:55 PM

Thanks Garry

Old 04-07-2019, 07:02 AM

16,258 posts, read 43,185,236 times
ETHIOPIA - been there twice, and it's just so foreign - i.e. unique culture, different alphabet, etc.
ERITREA - Italy meets Ethiopia AND 'The North Korea of Africa''....just beyond interesting.
RWANDA - Too many great things I've read - progressive, clean, forward-thinking, environmental-friendly, etc.
UGANDA - Urban dense Kampala sounds intriguing.
NAMIBIA - Deserts and isolation and such, sounds so intriguing.
ZANZIBAR - Stone City, Beaches, Island culture, etc.

Old 04-21-2019, 01:20 PM

3,565 posts, read 2,115,094 times
South Africa is a definite must!

It has plenty of history (some of it quite bad of course - apartheid); a good mix of cultures and languages; plenty of sight-seeing and beaches too
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa