Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Akron - Canton
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2011, 02:56 PM

6 posts, read 12,209 times

Advertisements

Looking for opinions about Twinsburg. What is it like? Demographics? Safety? Proximity to things to do and convenience like grocery stores? How close is it to Akron city and to Cleveland (Shaker Heights)? Thanks so much! We are currently in the process of relocating for a job and are trying to find the best suburb option for my husband, myself and my child.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2011, 03:55 PM

9 posts, read 18,158 times
Grew up in Cuyahoga Falls, lived in Macedonia (next to Twinsburg) for 3 years in the mid 90's. I live in Houston now but my family still lives in the Falls.

Twinsburg is your typical suburban town. Its halfway between Akron and Cleveland so count on half hour to 45 minutes in either direction to reach the hearts of the downtown areas. Things have really developed in the Twinsburg area and I am sure they will continue to grow. Easy access to most grocery chains, Targets, Walmarts, movie theathers and chain resturants. You are fairly close to Hudson if you want to do some small town shopping or eat at some non chain resturants. Its definately safe and certainly homogenis. I would classify it by saying average, average, average because I can't honestly say anything particularly stands out about it. With that said it was one of the few places that I've lived where the value of my house rose significantly between the time I bought and the time I sold. (But I am sure things have flattened out on the front!)

In the mid 90's when I was moving from Philadelphia back to Cleveland I would have given my right arm to afford a house in Shaker Heights but it wasn't in my budget 3 years after graduating. I still love Shaker Heights, but recently a drive thru left me thinking it was looking a bit shabby in comparison to what it used to be like. But I still think if I had to choose between SH and Twinsburg i'd still pick Shaker Heights.

Old 11-19-2011, 04:02 PM

1,522 posts, read 3,001,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesnapperhead View Post
Twinsburg is still a very nice town, but it is getting very, very dark.
Hey can anybody find 1970? It needs this post back.

Old 11-28-2011, 09:27 AM

2,554 posts, read 6,904,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SquareBetterThanAll View Post
Hey can anybody find 1970? It needs this post back.
Yes, I agree. I take offense to that.

Old 12-06-2011, 02:21 PM

192 posts, read 492,416 times
Let's try to ignore the racist remark, but looking at it, it does seem that that there is an influx of people (black, white, aquamarine and purple) moving to Twinsburg that used to live in The Heights.

Old 01-04-2012, 09:08 PM

Quote:
So would you take offense if I said Bay Village is getting very, very white.
Phrasing your observation tastefully generally is the better way to go.

Old 01-04-2012, 11:02 PM

Quote:
The politically correct police is back at it.
There's a football field between being politically correct and being a tasteless d----.

Old 01-04-2012, 11:10 PM

2,554 posts, read 6,904,241 times
Quote:
The politically correct police is back at it.
There's a political thread if you want to spew your BS there.

Old 01-05-2012, 02:01 PM

1 posts, read 5,149 times
Default Likes of Twinsburg and surrounding areas

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsgypa View Post
Looking for opinions about Twinsburg. What is it like? Demographics? Safety? Proximity to things to do and convenience like grocery stores? How close is it to Akron city and to Cleveland (Shaker Heights)? Thanks so much! We are currently in the process of relocating for a job and are trying to find the best suburb option for my husband, myself and my child.
Twinsburg is a city that's great to raise a family. the mayor is family oriented. they have alot to offer in the summer.waterpark,outside concerts, outside movie theater,great rec center, and good schools.Giant Eagle is the local grocery store,convenient.there's Twinsburg square, which is a beautiful park setting.plenty of restaurants. the highway is in Twinsburg.you would be in the middle of Akron,Cleveland (Shaker Heights).In Cleveland there is upcoming cities Tremont, and Ohio City.Close to downtown Cleveland, and West Side Market. It's spectacularThere is alot to offer and close to everything.You can do alot of foot traffic.One of the best boy schools located there is St Ignatius.You can't go wrong for city living. Very affordable.Akron has alot to offer too.It just depends. I'm originally from Cleveland area.So,i'm a little partial. Good Luck with your move!

Old 05-25-2012, 02:12 PM

3 posts, read 12,185 times
Great Schools, great resources, great access to highways in all directions, great public facilities, 90% great people.
We just moved 1 mile south to another town for another reason.........depends how old your child is to get a real answer. It was personal. Best of luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Akron - Canton