Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2006, 01:09 PM

50 posts, read 194,861 times

Advertisements

My entire family, including 2 sons with families are seriously considering a move to Dothan. I love Dothan and feel that that is the place we are suppose to be. My sons both worked for volume builders in the Palm Coast area of Florida. The bottom has fallen out here and there is no work. How difficult will it be to find work in Dothan? They were both supervisor managers for the building industry and oversaw up to 20 new home construction crews at a time. We know that they will never see the great salaries they were use to, but wonder if they will be able to find any work to support their families? Any help on this would be gratefully appreciated.

They are hard workers with great work ethics and would be an asset to any employer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2006, 07:06 AM

just spent a couple more days in Dothan, and I guess there is no such thing as a good paying job? Only jobs seemed to be minimum wage?

Old 10-11-2006, 02:22 PM

5 posts, read 14,408 times
Default Are they licensed?

Try posting on craigslist. There is also alot of construction going on in Alabama, have you checked the internet or jobs.com?

Old 10-12-2006, 08:12 AM

what does it take to get licensed in Alabama? I have done some checking on the intetnet and also internet newspapers for jobs. It is sometimes hard to tell if the job listed is a real job or just a come on type of ad.. It get so frustrating.

Alabama is just so beautiful and feels so comfortable and friendly.

They would be willing to work in almost any field as long as they could support families.

Old 10-12-2006, 06:41 PM

52 posts, read 329,808 times
If they are serious about working in the Dothan area, then I would suggest that they take the time to come up here and seek what they are looking for, not sure but kind of sounds like you are trying to find jobs for them?

They are not going to make the money they were making in FL, you can forget that.

There is a lot of construction going on, I can not help you but feel the best way is if their are serious is to come look see and go from their, if they are looking for big money then they need to consider going where the big money is, don't move here and then be disapointed because they can not find work, there is a lot going on in the Enterprise area I hear, but I think I would secure work, then secure place then move, but that's me!

Sorry, wish I could be of more help, and sorry we missed you on your last trip, we miss SWFL but we are slowly adjusting to AL living, going to be a long time before we can get the hang of ya'll
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama