Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2017, 08:42 PM

1 posts, read 1,595 times

Advertisements

I was just perusing the last thread and amazed that not one person thought that it was a bit funny that after 8 different campaigns and election wins, now, these allegations from 40...freakin' 40 years ago come up? I'm 55, a newly retired peace officer, 40 years ago I was 15 years old. Go ahead, bring a polygraph my way and I promise you I won't remember a fraction of that life. Moreover, these are ALLEGATIONS. I'm not saying they're true, but I'm not willing to say they're not. It's why we have a justice system, and a statute of limitations regarding most crimes committed. It scares the bejeezus out of me that innocent until proven guilty as gone the way of civil conversation between two people that disagree. Anyone here ever been accused of something they absolutely didn't do? Ever have a CRAZY woman decide that if she can't have you that she'll say anything, do anything just to ruin you? Innocent until proven guilty. Show me proof beyond a forged yearbook and I'm with you...send him down the road. But I don't know dung yet, and probably never will. Just seems a little convenient for the Democrats in Alabama and the Senate.

Old 12-12-2017, 08:53 PM

2,211 posts, read 1,576,435 times
Well said .

Old 12-12-2017, 09:06 PM

5,845 posts, read 6,163,707 times
Congratulations to Alabama for pulling off a yuuuugggeee upset! This is like UAB defeating the Crimson Tide!

Old 12-12-2017, 09:21 PM

472 posts, read 326,418 times
All I can say to Alabama is have fun having the equivalent of Chuck Shummer representing your Republican state. Very soon you are going to want Jones impeached or whatever you do to get rid of a senator who is voting against the will of the majority.

Old 12-12-2017, 09:22 PM

24,128 posts, read 32,518,137 times
I'm happy for the people of the state of Alabama tonight! #NoMoore.

Old 12-12-2017, 09:24 PM

459 posts, read 475,875 times
Good job Alabama on voting for clearly the better person.

Old 12-12-2017, 09:27 PM

2,029 posts, read 2,365,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
I'm happy for the people of the state of Alabama tonight! #NoMoore.
So proud of the people of Alabama by doing the moral thing tonight and not the crazy partisan thing. Alabama does have a moral backbone, and justice for those too young at the time and too afraid to stand up is served.

Old 12-12-2017, 09:30 PM

1,325 posts, read 2,646,070 times
Congrats, Alabama! You all sent a clear message to Roy Moore (And his wife)! I don’t live in Alabama but I can feel the excitement. Much love from ATL!

Last edited by toosie; 12-13-2017 at 01:56 AM.. Reason: Deleted national politics

Old 12-12-2017, 09:31 PM

23,608 posts, read 70,476,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2tigers69 View Post
I was just perusing the last thread and amazed that not one person thought that it was a bit funny that after 8 different campaigns and election wins, now, these allegations from 40...freakin' 40 years ago come up? I'm 55, a newly retired peace officer, 40 years ago I was 15 years old. Go ahead, bring a polygraph my way and I promise you I won't remember a fraction of that life. Moreover, these are ALLEGATIONS. I'm not saying they're true, but I'm not willing to say they're not. It's why we have a justice system, and a statute of limitations regarding most crimes committed. It scares the bejeezus out of me that innocent until proven guilty as gone the way of civil conversation between two people that disagree. Anyone here ever been accused of something they absolutely didn't do? Ever have a CRAZY woman decide that if she can't have you that she'll say anything, do anything just to ruin you? Innocent until proven guilty. Show me proof beyond a forged yearbook and I'm with you...send him down the road. But I don't know dung yet, and probably never will. Just seems a little convenient for the Democrats in Alabama and the Senate.
I'm a bit older than you, and often I wish my memory of childhood was not as good as it is.

There is a difference between not remembering, and selectively remembering and then not remembering. There is a difference between the incarceration of an innocent and the standards required of a person who is elected to have power over others. There is a difference between an average citizen saying "I think he is a jerk" and a sitting senator from the same state saying "I won't vote for that person."

I voted for Moore over Strange. It was no contest for me. I voted for Jones over Moore. It was no contest for me. Winners do not hide the final week of a campaign. Winners don't only take interviews from twelve year olds and a pundit intent on following the path of Lenin.

I disagree intensely with Moore on multiple issues, yet at the same time I respect his standing up for what he believes in. Regardless, his election would have been a disaster to Alabama and a disaster to him. Consider this his "screen test." If you are a retired officer, you know exactly what I mean.

Old 12-12-2017, 09:32 PM

2,513 posts, read 2,794,084 times
I'm not sure its an upset. I figured several weeks ago when celebrities, the media, and other politicians unrelated to Alabama were telling us who to vote for, it was pretty much like the lobbyists in Washington was going to push the vote for Jones. I also think analysts overestimated what the Moore v Strange election meant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama